British Speedway Forum
The White Knight

European Union - In Or Out?

53 minutes ago, Jonny the spud said:

I’d take a guess they’re checked before take off ? 

Nope. The goods get sealed at the point of collection. Then opened by the customer the other end. How many transborder parcels have anybody on here had that have been opened by customs ? The most that happens is some go through an xray scanner.

Edited by Phlipphlopp
  • Like 1

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Phlipphlopp said:

Nope. The goods get sealed at the point of collection. Then opened by the customer the other end. How many transborder parcels have anybody on here had that have been opened by customs ? The most that happens is some go through an xray scanner.

Same with DPD, they have several EU trailers a day not sure of numbers but at least 20 and  in 6 years I never saw a box re-sealed by customs and apparently nobody has since Brexit either. 

Nobody that I've spoken to or that they know of that is before HA points out that I haven't spoken to every DPD worker in the past 7 weeks. :D

Edited by Vince
Ha nit picking

1 hour ago, Phlipphlopp said:

So clearly there are checks then. :rolleyes:

Stuff gets selected at random to go through the scanners, and it doesn't match the declaration or there's something inside that looks suspicious then it gets opened for further inspection. Most of the time the scanner is sufficient so there's no need to open it.

Of course most parcels don't get checked any more than the contents of every truck and container is inspected, but if there wasn't the possibility of getting caught then it would be open day for smuggling. And that's the point.

And yes, I have had parcels arrive that have been opened by customs - maybe 2 or 3 times.  

42 minutes ago, Vince said:

Same with DPD, they have several EU trailers a day not sure of numbers but at least 20 and  in 6 years I never saw a box re-sealed by customs and apparently nobody has since Brexit either. 

Nobody that I've spoken to or that they know of that is before HA points out that I haven't spoken to every DPD worker in the past 7 weeks. :D

Of course it was unlikely to have happened before Brexit because goods didn't need to be cleared through customs if they came from the EU.

You've actually had conversations with DPD about whether their boxes have been opened by customs in the past 7 weeks? Okay... :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Badge said:

You don't find it worthy of at least questioning why the authorities in a number of developed countries have expressed concerns about the AstraZeneca vaccine? 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

And yes, I have had parcels arrive that have been opened by customs - maybe 2 or 3 times.  

Of course you have. I wouldnt expect you to say anything different when it doesnt suit your narrative.

26 minutes ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

You don't find it worthy of at least questioning why the authorities in a number of developed countries have expressed concerns about the AstraZeneca vaccine? 

What concerns ? You like to think you are the expert on every conceivable subject so enlighten us ?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Phlipphlopp said:

What concerns ? You like to think you are the expert on every conceivable subject so enlighten us ?

You don't want to be enlightened,you don't possess the equipment for that to happen....

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Dietbowers said:

You don't want to be enlightened,you don't possess the equipment for that to happen....

If you could refrain from blatant trolling , that would be great taffy :D:drink:

1 hour ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

So enlighten me then please. 

19 minutes ago, Phlipphlopp said:

If you could refrain from blatant trolling , that would be great taffy :D:drink:

Merely pointing out the obvious is not trolling young man.....;):P

5 minutes ago, Badge said:

So enlighten me then please. 

EUROPE'S scepticism about the AstraZeneca vaccine seems to have been borne out of jealousy with Midget (in mind as well as statue) Macron...

3 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

EUROPE'S scepticism about the AstraZeneca vaccine seems to have been borne out of jealousy with Midget (in mind as well as statue) Macron...

It was all pretty obvious. After the eu's handling of the vaccine procurement , trumpeting a UK vaccine must have filled them with horror , hence the negative crap from Macron and the fuhrer Merkel.  How dare the UK produce a life saving vaccine . The rhetoric from the germanic/french axis otherwise known as the eu will bite them in the badly in the long run.

2 hours ago, Badge said:

What is the controversy ? The AZ vaccine hasn’t been released in Germany for over 65’s and Merkel say’s she is 66 so not in the allowed age group !!! Could it be any clearer ?