British Speedway Forum
The White Knight

European Union - In Or Out?

9 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

EUROPE'S scepticism about the AstraZeneca vaccine seems to have been borne out of jealousy with Midget (in mind as well as statue) Macron...

*stature

You might find your glib insults work better when spelt correctly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

You don't find it worthy of at least questioning why the authorities in a number of developed countries have expressed concerns about the AstraZeneca vaccine? 

Would that be the same Astra Zeneca that has been approved not only by the EU drugs regulator but also by 50 countries across four continents ?

7 minutes ago, iris123 said:

What is the controversy ? The AZ vaccine hasn’t been released in Germany for over 65’s and Merkel say’s she is 66 so not in the allowed age group !!! Could it be any clearer ?

You lot need to make your mind up. I'm pretty sure there is some petty jealousy involved . https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/astrazeneca-covid-vaccine-elderly-oxford-b1792658.html

1 minute ago, E I Addio said:

Would that be the same Astra Zeneca that has been approved not only by the EU drugs regulator but also by 50 countries across four continents ?

Yeah, but to be fair, the fewer vaccines the EU approves the better their “cautious” roll out looks.  :D

2 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Yeah, but to be fair, the fewer vaccines the EU approves the better their “cautious” roll out looks.  :D

'Solidarity'. No one must get ahead. Plus the French will come up with the goods later in the year .......:D

8 minutes ago, Phlipphlopp said:

'Solidarity'. No one must get ahead. Plus the French will come up with the goods later in the year .......:D

Apparently the EU got in a muddle with AZ because they intended to order 500 million reams of paperwork, not vaccines.

:D

Edited by DC2
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Phlipphlopp said:

You lot need to make your mind 

Minds are made up. If there aren’t the required tests done on over 65’s then it can’t be given to that age group. Simples. If the UK company wants to push things through, then do a proper job with proper tests, especially on the actual age group that are at risk

• Like 1

1 minute ago, iris123 said:

Minds are made up. If there aren’t the required tests done on over 65’s then it can’t be given to that age group. Simples. If the UK company wants to push things through, then do a proper job with proper tests, especially on the actual age group that are at risk

Perhaps they need to look.
https://www.sciencemediacentre.org/expert-reaction-to-preprint-from-scotland-looking-at-hospitalisations-in-scotland-and-vaccinations/

1 hour ago, Phlipphlopp said:

What concerns ? You like to think you are the expert on every conceivable subject so enlighten us ?

Vaccines are more Blu's department, but the discrepancies in the clinical trials that were covered up for starters, plus production quality issues... https://www.ft.com/content/d0fd6c4c-939a-43c7-a9b9-47c8d3cab253

Instead of constantly jumping on ridiculous jingoist bandwagons in a silly attempt to score points, try learning about other sides of the story and why there might be concerns. Europeans are not idiots and have scientists that are just are clever as those in the UK, and there may be things that have come to light that Boris and Co want to gloss over in their own jingoistic rhetoric. 

The AZ vaccine may safe and work reasonably well, but it's early days yet. If you knew a single thing about the history of vaccines, you'd understand why some caution is advisable. 

3 minutes ago, Phlipphlopp said:

It’s already been explained. A proper test is being done in the US and they will asses things when that is published

1 minute ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

Vaccines are more Blu's department, but the discrepancies in the clinical trials that were covered up for starters, plus production quality issues... https://www.ft.com/content/d0fd6c4c-939a-43c7-a9b9-47c8d3cab253

Instead of constantly jumping on ridiculous jingoist bandwagons in a silly attempt to score points, try learning about other sides of the story and why there might be concerns. Europeans are not idiots and have scientists that are just are clever as those in the UK, and there may be things that have come to light that Boris and Co want to gloss over in their own jingoistic rhetoric. 

The AZ vaccine may safe and work reasonably well, but it's early days yet. If you knew a single thing about the history of vaccines, you'd understand why some caution is advisable. 

Its early days for every vaccine. I'd prefer trials over a 10 year period , but we havent got that time. I'll take my advice from UK scientists over a BSF poster who thinks he knows it all every single time.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Phlipphlopp said:

I'll take my advice from UK scientists over a BSF poster who thinks he knows it all every single time.

Well you certainly don't know it any time. :rolleyes:

I'll take my advice from scientists all around the world who aren't been pressured by a jingoist government, if it's all the same with you. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, E I Addio said:

12 minutes ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

I'll take my advice from scientists all around the world who aren't been pressured by a jingoist government, if it's all the same with you. 

Lol. Using the phrase 'jingoistic governement' really makes you look daft. Why not just say a big thanks to the scientists who developed it ? Or , are you gutted they developed it ? We know you hate the UK and its pretty clear judging by many of your posts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PHILIPRISING said:

EUROPE'S scepticism about the AstraZeneca vaccine seems to have been borne out of jealousy with Midget (in mind as well as statue) Macron...

Well there’s a grown up answer. FFS I’d expected better, but then again maybe not 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Jonny the spud said:

Well there’s a grown up answer. FFS I’d expected better, but then again maybe not 

WHY would you expect better? A fan of Macron? He is very anti-British.