British Speedway Forum
The White Knight

European Union - In Or Out?

Just now, TonyE said:

In my opinion, on a par with preceding ones.

The incompetence of previous governments didn't prevent flowers being picked, bands not being able to tour, nor fish not being able to be exported. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

The incompetence of previous governments didn't prevent flowers being picked, bands not being able to tour, nor fish not being able to be exported. 

And the maggots Hump, don't forget the maggots. Anglers in Holland, Belgium and France are not happy bunnies without their English bred finest...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

And, yes, Littlejohn is at the top of the tree of my favourite journalists 

Says everything about those who swallowed the Brexit nonsense... :rolleyes:

All of the problems caused by Brexit are entirely caused by the UK, those who voted for it, and then those who incompetently negotiated the subsequent agreements. Things largely worked fine before, but of course the Bexiteers will never own their economy-ruining mistakes. 

Edited by Humphrey Appleby
  • Like 7

Well this is interesting. It seems that this GSK vaccine was going to be filled and finished in the eu , but now its all going to be done in the UK. It seems big pharma sees the eu as untrustworthy , and who could blame them after the AZ fiasco and VDL gobbing off about export bans. Seems big business can see what many of us can see. The eu cannot be trusted.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-56570168

Posted (edited)

Well this is interesting. Looks like the UK needs the manufacturing capabilities in the EU after all...

https://inews.co.uk/news/health/uk-capacity-manufacturing-vaccines-says-oxford-university-vaccine-expert-936621

I’m sure one or two on here claimed it could all be home made, just because the Mail and Express said so... :rolleyes:

Edited by Humphrey Appleby
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

WARNING to those of a particular political persuasion ... it's from the Daily Mail

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-9416379/RICHARD-LITTLEJOHN-Quest-ce-que-cest-Beaujolais-en-Swahili-Pierre.html

And, yes, Littlejohn is at the top of the tree of my favourite journalists and actually gives the Government, and their so-called advisers, plenty of stick.

You do realise the EU are not "punishing us for leaving"? They are treating us the same way as all other third countries. I find it strange that Brexiteers claim Britain is a wonderful country and yet simultaneously have such a victim mentality.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

WARNING to those of a particular political persuasion ... it's from the Daily Mail

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-9416379/RICHARD-LITTLEJOHN-Quest-ce-que-cest-Beaujolais-en-Swahili-Pierre.html

And, yes, Littlejohn is at the top of the tree of my favourite journalists and actually gives the Government, and their so-called advisers, plenty of stick.

The man is an idiot. He's complaining about exactly what he voted for. File alongside "Brits who live on the Costa Del Sol and voted for Brexit".

• Like 4

16 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

You do realise Littlejohn, the “journalist” who lives in the Caribbean, is a hard brexiteer and utterly right wing tory who would slot nicely in with the ERG?

This article is so wrong on so many levels. The EU are not punishing us. They are applying the rules which the U.K. helped write. If there is red tape, tons of paperwork, vets certificates etc it is all the U.K. S doing as we left them, not the other way around. 

Why do brexiteers have trouble in understanding this basic, simple concept? Seriously it proves the recent large survey that brexiteers are much lower in intelligence that remain voters. They would believe this drivel.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, MattK said:

You do realise the EU are not "punishing us for leaving"? They are treating us the same way as all other third countries. I find it strange that Brexiteers claim Britain is a wonderful country and yet simultaneously have such a victim mentality.

Not sure why the Brexiteers are complaining anyway.

"The EU needs us more than we need them", "We'll be trading with the World", "Sunny Uplands after Brexit", so on and so forth... Yet when exports fall by 40%, they're whining about exactly what they voted for. :rolleyes:

You couldn't make it, as Littlejohn would say... :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Grachan said:

File alongside "Brits who live on the Costa Del Sol and voted for Brexit".

Some of whom probably won't be living there much longer as deportation day looms now their 90 days are up... :D

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

You do realise Littlejohn, the “journalist” who lives in the Caribbean, is a hard brexiteer and utterly right wing tory who would slot nicely in with the ERG?

This article is so wrong on so many levels. The EU are not punishing us. They are applying the rules which the U.K. helped write. If there is red tape, tons of paperwork, vets certificates etc it is all the U.K. S doing as we left them, not the other way around. 

Why do brexiteers have trouble in understanding this basic, simple concept? Seriously it proves the recent large survey that brexiteers are much lower in intelligence that remain voters. They would believe this drivel.

LITTLEJOHN lives in North London ... nothing wrong with being a hard brexiter or a right wing Tory for that matter. But he is never slow to hammer Boris and co. 

When will you learn Steve that throwing insults about people who voted to leave around like confetti actually diminishes not enhances your comments. And please point me in the direction of the survey that concluded the 17 plus million who voted to leave are of inferior intelligence than those that voted to stay.

Edited by PHILIPRISING
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, PHILIPRISING said:

LITTLEJOHN lives in North London ... nothing wrong with being a hard brexiter or a right wing Tory for that matter. But he is never slow to hammer Boris and co. 

When will you learn Steve that throwing insults about people who voted to leave around like confetti actually diminishes not enhances your comments. And please point me in the direction of the survey that concluded the 17 plus million who voted to leave are of inferior intelligence than those that voted to stay.

...or indeed the 1 in 4 people within the age group of 18 and 38 who couldn't be bothered voting. Those, one could argue, who had the most to gain/lose my remaining/leaving the EU?

1 hour ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

I’m sure one or two on here claimed it could all be home made, just because the Mail and Express said so... :rolleyes:

LINKS please...