British Speedway Forum
The White Knight

European Union - In Or Out?

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Latest is a 1 billion trade deal with India. Compared to the 245 billion deal we had with the EU. And to get the bill over the line, the U.K. said that visas will be relaxed for Indian students and citizens. Most of the brexit brigade are not going to like millions of Indians pouring into the U.K. over the next few years. Still, might get some nice new curry houses. :rofl:

More likely to get extra doctors and pharmacists :rolleyes:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Latest is a 1 billion trade deal with India. Compared to the 245 billion deal we had with the EU. And to get the bill over the line, the U.K. said that visas will be relaxed for Indian students and citizens. Most of the brexit brigade are not going to like millions of Indians pouring into the U.K. over the next few years. Still, might get some nice new curry houses. :rofl:

Worth far less even than the '250 million we supposedly gave to the EU each week'. :rolleyes:

Might just make up though, for all the fish rotting on British quaysides at the moment... :D

31 minutes ago, Badge said:

Maybe they can diagnose Brexit Derangement Syndrome for avid brussels fanboys like Air Miles and the south coast cheap tat dealer ? :D Although , i could do that for free ......:t:

37 minutes ago, Badge said:

That was a point I used to make prior to the referendum to leave supporters and was told in no uncertain terms, “we still don’t want them over here”! Incredible how things change when it suits the argument! 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, dj350z said:

That was a point I used to make prior to the referendum to leave supporters and was told in no uncertain terms, “we still don’t want them over here”! Incredible how things change when it suits the argument! 

Not something i've ever heard. Before the ref or since. Indians are great people , rather have them here than eu roma wasters. Lets have some Hong Kong folk here as well , if only for them to escape the Chinese.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Phlipphlopp said:

Not something i've ever heard. Before the ref or since. Indians are great people , rather have them here than eu roma wasters. Lets have some Hong Kong folk here as well , if only for them to escape the Chinese.

You need some to clean your van :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/3/2021 at 4:50 PM, Humphrey Appleby said:

Typically Brexiteer getting sucked in by government propaganda. :rolleyes:

UK foreign trade amounted to 1.4 trillion in 2019, including 744 billion with the EU. Yet the Brexiteers are wetting themselves because the UK has managed to negotiate agreements worth 891 billion.

I know what Brexiteers are like with figures, so I'll give you a clue that 891 billion is significantly less than 1.4 trillion. :D

I know what you are like with figures, because you don't consider if the UK has negotiated 891 Billion that that would be added to the existing trade with the EU of 744 billion which looks very much like 1.4 Trillion. Hmmm.

5 minutes ago, Phlipphlopp said:

What a conversion on the Road to Damascus, given your previous propagation of conspiracy theories about white genocide and dilution of nation states... :rolleyes:

You do realise that Indians and Chinese people aren't white...? :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I doubt it. The majority of curry houses are actually Bangladeshi and Pakistani.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, dj350z said:

How many ?,  as it would seem a rather convenient statement to make at this time. Must have been millions you talked to to make it believable. It was the EU we were at war with, not fellow Commonwealth states.  

Edited by Tsunami

1 minute ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

What a conversion on the Road to Damascus, given your previous propagation of conspiracy theories about white genocide and dilution of nation states... :rolleyes:

You do realise that Indians and Chinese people aren't white...? :rolleyes:

Whats your point caller ? We all know the MO of the eu. Which , has nothing to do with our commonwealth friends and allies from India , and our friends from Honk Kong. You really do get mixed up these days , perhaps its travel lag eh ? Or BDS. :D

10 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

How many ?,  as it would seem a rather convenient statement to make at this time. Must have been millions you talked to to make it believable. It was the EU we were at war with, not fellow Commonwealth states.  

True colours. We were at war........

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

I know what you are like with figures, because you don't consider if the UK has negotiated 891 Billion that that would be added to the existing trade with the EU of 744 billion which looks very much like 1.4 Trillion. Hmmm.

Can definitely see why British Gas bills were never right. :D

That 891 billion figure includes trade with the EU if you go and look at the deals agreed on the UK Government website. In fact, the figure given for the EU trade deal is just 660 billion, so a drop of 84 billion for that market alone. 

What wonderful value for money Brexit was... :rolleyes:

13 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

It was the EU we were at war with, not fellow Commonwealth states.  

The UK was at war with the EU? That finished over 70 years ago, or didn't you notice that? :rolleyes:

Still, I suppose it'll be easy enough to convince you to go out to the fields to dig for victory now there's no Johnny Foreigner types to pick the potatoes... :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

The UK was at war with the EU? That finished over 70 years ago, or didn't you notice that? :rolleyes:

Still, I suppose it'll be easy enough to convince you to go out to the fields to dig for victory now there's no Johnny Foreigner types to pick the potatoes... :D

So the eu was a thing over 70 years ago ? Righty oh. Theres was me thinking it started as a thing in 1993. I think i'm right . You obviously didnt notice that.