British Speedway Forum
The White Knight

European Union - In Or Out?

1 hour ago, iris123 said:

She doesn’t say Haribo is in short supply she says the are looking iffy , whatever that is supposed to mean. Anyway it seems to be something she read on Twitter. Haribo is made in Yorkshire, ( Castleford if I remember correctly )so if it does fall into short supply it seems unlikely to be due to Brexit.  

As I recall it’s difficult to get a Yorkshireman to admit to Yorkshire being part of the UK let alone the EU :D

Just now, E I Addio said:

She doesn’t say Haribo is in short supply she says the are looking iffy , whatever that is supposed to mean. Anyway it seems to be something she read on Twitter. Haribo is made in Yorkshire, ( Castleford if I remember correctly )so if it does fall into short supply it seems unlikely to be due to Brexit.  

As I recall it’s difficult to get a Yorkshireman to admit to Yorkshire being part of the UK let alone the EU :D

What I read was due to lack of lorry drivers, there was a short supply of Haribo. But it was tongue in cheek that is why I put ‘and other essentials’ as they aren’t and I can’t stand the things anyway :D

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, iris123 said:

What I read was due to lack of lorry drivers, there was a short supply of Haribo. But it was tongue in cheek that is why I put ‘and other essentials’ as they aren’t and I can’t stand the things anyway :D

If you saw how these are made and what goes into them its hardly surprising. Disgusting things :blush:

• Like 1

Brexit bike crisis continues  

The National Motorcyclists Council has begun talks with the Government after no solutions have emerged to the customs requirements for sending road-registered bikes into the EU with a third party. There was no issue transporting bikes in and out of the continent via a third party, such as for fly-ride holidays, before Brexit but since the country left the EU it has become a problem.  Report MCN 2 July 2021.

• Sad 4

What I don't get is the surprise people have written finding there are restrictions /paperwork required when moving goods into /out of the EU - that's Brexit! 

• Like 7

58 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

What I don't get is the surprise people have written finding there are restrictions /paperwork required when moving goods into /out of the EU - that's Brexit! 

Many I believe thought that by voting leave  it would get rid of the things they did not like about  EU  but otherwise things would carry on much as normal with  possibly a few minor inconveniences. 

The relationship between UK  and EU  UK was  always far too complicated and complex for that to ever  have been  a realistic aspiration,  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

EU countries have 26 other EU countries plus Northern Ireland that are all much much easier to trade with than Great Britain. They have massive choice when it comes to replacing products they used to buy from us.

Great Britain has nobody that's easier to trade with than the EU. Yet this government and Brexiters have destroyed this trade. 

EU countries also have Norway, Iceland, Switzerland and even Turkey as easier countries to do business with. The U.K. is being cut out like a cancer, with European companies sourcing their raw materials/goods/manufacturing from inside the EU. How bad is it going to get? What we are experiencing at the moment is nothing to how it’s going to be. 

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

The express. Enough said.

:D

What you mean is

Brexit's not all bad. Enough said.

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

EU countries have 26 other EU countries plus Northern Ireland that are all much much easier to trade with than Great Britain. They have massive choice when it comes to replacing products they used to buy from us.

Great Britain has nobody that's easier to trade with than the EU. Yet this government and Brexiters have destroyed this trade. 

EU countries also have Norway, Iceland, Switzerland and even Turkey as easier countries to do business with. The U.K. is being cut out like a cancer, with European companies sourcing their raw materials/goods/manufacturing from inside the EU. How bad is it going to get? What we are experiencing at the moment is nothing to how it’s going to be. 

Another country the EU are trying to bully in to their way of thinking.

Edited by Vincent Blachshadow

8 hours ago, Vincent Blachshadow said:

The Global Financial Centres Index Issue 29 - March 2021

New York retains first place in the index. London fell to only one point ahead of third place Shanghai.

Frankfurt replaced San Francisco in the top 10 in this edition, gaining seven rank places, perhaps benefiting from the exit of the UK from the European Union.

London's rating fell by 23 points, while Frankfurt's rose by 12.

https://www.longfinance.net/media/documents/GFCI_29_Full_Report_2021.03.17_v1.1.pdf

GFCI 29 was compiled using 143 instrumental factors. These quantitative measures are provided by third parties including the World Bank, The Economist Intelligence Unit, the OECD, and the UN.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1