British Speedway Forum
The White Knight

European Union - In Or Out?

1 hour ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

Pretty much at the point the Brexiteers realised their claims were not coming true and that 'Project Fear' had largely been right all along. :D

How did I know that sort of post was coming from the arch- misog?

1 hour ago, falcace said:

That ship sailed a while ago for some. Never to return. There's some obvious repeat offenders on here. Let's be honest, there's millions of them out there too...they walk amongst us.

Such is the slavish devotion to the right wing narrative and slogans, they are utterly conditioned. Whenever the elite are held to account - even when they are elected to represent us - their first instinct is to attack foreigners, BLM, LGBT activists, the left, environmental campaigners, muslims, anyone really who might challenge or undermine the power of the elite establishment and their cosy, cushy corrupt existence. 

Frankly they are oblivious to it, little more than an obedient subject with a vocabulary limited to parroting meaningless terms coined for them like "woke", "liberal" and "lefty". It's all they have got. In short, just the people whose votes matter, but naff all else to the elite establishment,  to enable them to fully exploit for nothing more than personal gain.    

For as long as you tell people who don't agree with you that they are stupid, /gullible/ oblivious to the facts/parroting meaningless terms/ and make similar judgements on intelligent people you are never going to do any more than preach to the converted. 

The post , like virtually everything else you post contains not one single fact of substance beyond a general presumption (but without evidence ) that anyone who wanted to leave the EU is   somehow under a right wing spell. There are those that might say your post is nothing more than a left wing mirror image of the sort of empty right wing rhetoric you are so judgmental about.  

You have gained a few likes from fellow travellers but the post itself is pure rhetoric, nothing more. 

The science of influencing people: six ways to win an argument | Psychology | The Guardian

• Like 2

1 hour ago, E I Addio said:

For as long as you tell people who don't agree with you that they are stupid, /gullible/ oblivious to the facts/parroting meaningless terms/ and make similar judgements on intelligent people you are never going to do any more than preach to the converted.

The Brexiteers endlessly dismissed, mocked and insulted Remainers - including on here - so can hardly take any moral high ground on the subject. The difference of course is that Remainers predicted the outcomes we're seeing now, whereas the Brexiteers have largely been proved wrong so far.

They can no longer really argue any sort of case now (not even about vaccinations) other than continue to kick the can down the road by claiming there's going to be jam tomorrow, and it's quite hilarious to see how many have either gone off sulking or have resorted to questioning peoples' mental health, virility or whatever. :D

I doubt most Remainers are really much interested in persuading the Brexiteers to their cause, even though latest opinion polls do suggest that the wider population is seeing the folly of Brexit. It's now about the younger generations taking back control of the country from the charlatans that led it down this path, and rebuilding the relationships with our nearest neighbours before any more damage is done. 

1 hour ago, E I Addio said:

You have gained a few likes from fellow travellers but the post itself is pure rhetoric, nothing more. 

Not much different from your diminishing band of followers liking your attempted wind-ups then. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Whereas Leo warns countries about doing deals with a country that breaks its agreements after Cummings stated the UK was always intending to do so

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-58898117

It's really quite appalling that the Prime Minister didn't actually understand what he was signing. You also have to question who actually is advising him, because it was clear even to some of us on BSF what the implications would be. 

The BoJo government seemed to think bluster and brinkmanship would win the day, and when the EU stood firm it was forced to back-down and sign some sort of agreement as otherwise it would have been a total disaster for the economy. Now they seem to think they can carry on playing the same nonsensical game when their already weak hand is even weaker. :rolleyes: 

The current UK government is total disgrace and an embarrassment to the country. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

The current UK government is total disgrace and an embarrassment to the country. 

Got the full backing of gung-ho phloppy, who can't wait for the UK's sub fleet to take on China. People are going to start taking notice of this superpower with their subs that are almost as old as phloppy himself :D

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Got the full backing of gung-ho phloppy, who can't wait for the UK's sub fleet to take on China. People are going to start taking notice of this superpower with their subs that are almost as old as phloppy himself :D

That's if they're not flogged off to Australia either... :D

Edited by Humphrey Appleby
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

The Brexiteers endlessly dismissed, mocked and insulted Remainers - including on here - so can hardly take any moral high ground on the subject. 

Just as you and others have referred to “Gammons” . Either way it reinforces the fact that serious discussion is long extinct on this thread.  

Not that I mind the knockabout stuff and the banter, in fact it passes idle moments, but just leaves me mildly amused that that falsface  believes all this right wing media stuff he comes out with. 

It’s not for me to be judgmental on the merits or otherwise of theories advanced ion other threads where I don’t have a dog in the fight,  at least not a serious one,  but it’s interesting that even you dont seek to defend falslface’s nonsense. 

So I suppose that pretty much brings any more worthwhile discussion on this thread to a complete conclusion. 

23 minutes ago, E I Addio said:

It’s not for me to be judgmental on the merits or otherwise of theories advanced ion other threads where I don’t have a dog in the fight,  at least not a serious one,  but it’s interesting that even you dont seek to defend falslface’s nonsense. 

So you've never been judgemental about certain ethnic groups on here then...? :D

I'm sure Falcace (to use his proper name) is more than capable of defending himself without my help, although I don't actually disagree with much of what he says. He's generally not making accusations against any specific individual on here anyway, and it's not his fault if some are recognising that it might apply to them... :rofl:

Edited by Humphrey Appleby
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, E I Addio said:

Just as you and others have referred to “Gammons” . Either way it reinforces the fact that serious discussion is long extinct on this thread.  

Not that I mind the knockabout stuff and the banter, in fact it passes idle moments, but just leaves me mildly amused that that falsface  believes all this right wing media stuff he comes out with. 

So I suppose that pretty much brings any more worthwhile discussion on this thread to a complete conclusion. 

You been roasted by Ha so best you do .

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Toto said:

You been roasted by Ha so best you do .

That doesn’t even make sense.

If your brains were dynamite there wouldn’t be enough to blow your hat off.:(

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

So you've never been judgemental about certain ethnic groups on here then...? :D

Nope. Only the conduct of some within those groups.

3 hours ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

I'm sure Falcace (to use his proper name) is more than capable of defending himself without my help, although I don't actually disagree with much of what he says. He's generally not making accusations against any specific individual on here anyway, and it's not his fault if some are recognising that it might apply to them... :rofl:

I didn’t say he was making accusations against any individual  although there where some posts where he has an obsession about posters wearing big boys pants in certain posts. Sounds like a bit a  perv in that sense if you ask me.

I doubt if anyone in their right mind applies his nonsense to themselves though.

Edited by E I Addio

On 10/13/2021 at 10:24 PM, E I Addio said:

I didn’t say he was making accusations against any individual  although there where some posts where he has an obsession about posters wearing big boys pants in certain posts. Sounds like a bit a  perv in that sense if you ask me.

I doubt if anyone in their right mind applies his nonsense to themselves though.

:D

What are you squawking on about now?

You said you don't care what I think or say...yet this isn't the first time you have followed me around and posted about me? Make your mind up Polly.

Parrot-Insult-Sleep-Repeat

Don't expect to be taken seriously until you break that cycle. 

Edited by falcace
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3