Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
The White Knight

European Union - In Or Out?

Recommended Posts

I'm no remainer just a sensible middle of the road realist who loathes people who use minorities and immigrants to further their cause. How do you know it's nonsense he's not managed to get any political foothold so his agenda is unknown. What evidence do you have that I'm an extremist. Like all the sad individuals in Nazi Germany you are naive to think a person who campaigns on throwing out immigrants and picking on illegal migrants is going to be a moderate well meaning politician. What genuine issues is Farage campaigning on except insulting EU countries and their politicians. I've never hear a decent empathetic phrase come from his toxic rhetoric. If you were an ethnic minority how would you feel living in this anti-immigration society it's frightening as the country is split down the middle. You and the leave campaign colleagues have thrown the country into this mess without a clue how to sort it out.  Insults don't really help your argument.  

Share this post


Link to post

I don't think "Britons thinking Brexit is going badly" is the same thing as "would go back and change how they voted" and I agree that most people do think we should have a single market and customs union.

There are two main issues with the whole Brexit thing as I see them:

1. The terms and preferable outcome should have been planned before a referendum was even suggested, and 2. no-one could ever have predicted the effect of Brexit combined with a global pandemic. 

Edited by June01
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
34 minutes ago, June01 said:

I don't think "Britons thinking Brexit is going badly" is the same thing as "would go back and change how they voted" and I agree that most people do think we should have a single market and customs union.

There are two main issues with the whole Brexit thing as I see them:

1. The terms and preferable outcome should have been planned before a referendum was even suggested, and 2. no-one could ever have predicted the effect of Brexit combined with a global pandemic. 

This I agree with and have done so on many occasions on this thread.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

This I agree with and have done so on many occasions on this thread.

I think people voted leave and had no concept  of what would happen after. They voted leave and sod the consequences

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Vince said:

Unfortunately those whining about every little thing take attention away from the real problems. There is also a lack of will from some who should be flat out resolving these issues to make things better with any haste. 

They are problems that didn't need to be fixed in the first place, and we were assured didn't need to be fixed after Brexit. That has consistently proven to be a fallacy, so why should we now believe the Brexiteers know the right people who could fix all the issues...? :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Vince said:

The only thing keeping Brexit on the boil is those constantly complaining rather than making it work. 

So you keep saying, yet the government that's actually in a position to fix or at least mitigate the problems, prefers to pick fights with the EU and utter mindless and vapid slogans. 

Share this post


Link to post

The thing is everyone has the global pandemic but only Britain has Brexit. Most of the problems arising now ( and many more to come) were predicted but dismissed as “project fear”. Your political leaders lied to you plain and simple and managed to convince enough people that it was a good thing. It’s easy to look back now at the likes of Boris, Lord Frost, Liz Truss etc all pointing out what a disaster it would be to leave the EU before the vote, but these are all easily dismissed now that they’re on the gravy train. Even Tories are now starting to see through Boris’ duffle up your hair / give a thumbs up / throw in the odd Latin phrase bluster.
 

He’s hopelessly out of his depth and managing to alienate many countries around the world with his slapdash attitude. It may have worked in a newspaper column but it’s not fit for leadership in a crisis, I fear things will get a lot worse before they get better. It’s times like these that you need cooperation and allies. Political bluster on Twitter and alienating neighbours is not the way to achieve it 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

They are problems that didn't need to be fixed in the first place, and we were assured didn't need to be fixed after Brexit. That has consistently proven to be a fallacy, so why should we now believe the Brexiteers know the right people who could fix all the issues...? :rolleyes:

They didn't need to be fixed if we stayed in the EU while it becomes ever closer to a federal state, the majority of us didn't want to be a part of that political organisation but are happy to be part of Europe and trade with our neighbours on fair terms. It is perfectly clear for anybody to see that the majority of issues surrounding Brexit are administrative and could be fixed relatively easily if the effort was made.

8 hours ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

So you keep saying, yet the government that's actually in a position to fix or at least mitigate the problems, prefers to pick fights with the EU and utter mindless and vapid slogans. 

Where the EU concentrate solely on what is best for the future relationship between the UK and them :rolleyes: Those poor downtrodden French fisherman being allowed to block trade illegally never receive a mention from you, how different would that be if they were British?

You could just copy and paste the following  repeatedly to save all the thinking about which parts of peoples posts to argue with.

'EU good, UK bad'

Share this post


Link to post
48 minutes ago, Vince said:

They didn't need to be fixed if we stayed in the EU while it becomes ever closer to a federal state, the majority of us didn't want to be a part of that political organisation but are happy to be part of Europe and trade with our neighbours on fair terms. It is perfectly clear for anybody to see that the majority of issues surrounding Brexit are administrative and could be fixed relatively easily if the effort was made.

Where the EU concentrate solely on what is best for the future relationship between the UK and them :rolleyes: Those poor downtrodden French fisherman being allowed to block trade illegally never receive a mention from you, how different would that be if they were British?

You could just copy and paste the following  repeatedly to save all the thinking about which parts of peoples posts to argue with.

'EU good, UK bad'

The Irish boader problem is so easy to fix yea ? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Toto said:

The Irish boader problem is so easy to fix yea ? 

 

What's a boader Toto...:)

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, steve roberts said:

This I agree with and have done so on many occasions on this thread.

How could you have a planned outcome before you have the referendum ? 

David Cameron went a long way towards renegotiating the U.K. position before the referendum and I actually though he did enough to draw a compromise between the opposing sides but it all unravelled at the last minute, as I recall over the question of immigration which the EU did acknowledge was a particular issue for the UK . He had however won an election on a promise of a referendum and when the EU eventually rejected his proposals he had no alternative but to fulfil the election pledge.  The EU did not think the U.K. would vote to leave.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
59 minutes ago, E I Addio said:

How could you have a planned outcome before you have the referendum ? 

David Cameron went a long way towards renegotiating the U.K. position before the referendum and I actually though he did enough to draw a compromise between the opposing sides but it all unravelled at the last minute, as I recall over the question of immigration which the EU did acknowledge was a particular issue for the UK . He had however won an election on a promise of a referendum and when the EU eventually rejected his proposals he had no alternative but to fulfil the election pledge.  The EU did not think the U.K. would vote to leave.

...slightly tongue in cheek but I was once told that you shouldn't declare a referendum on any mattter unless you are confident of getting the result you desire! Cameron seriously mis-judged the mood of the electorate despite all his good intentions.

Edited by steve roberts

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Blupanther said:

What's a boader Toto...:)

The "Troll's" usual inability to grasp the basic fundamentals of the English language.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
42 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

The "Troll's" usual inability to grasp the basic fundamentals of the English language.

Seems he struggled with the reading as well as writing.

2 hours ago, Vince said:

 It is perfectly clear for anybody to see that the majority of issues surrounding Brexit are administrative and could be fixed relatively easily if the effort was made.

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Vince said:

Seems he struggled with the reading as well as writing.

 

Maybe that secret habit has affected his eyesight :rolleyes:

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy