British Speedway Forum
The White Knight

European Union - In Or Out?

Still, just announced a digital trade deal with Singapore. Let's try to be positive :D That could offset any problems with the States

Edited by iris123
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, E I Addio said:

Even the Arch-Europhile Lord Adonis doesn't seem to think much of  the unelected Frau Von Der Leyen

I’m not quite sure what your point is.

I actually haven’t been impressed by (m)any European Commissioners over the years because generally it’s not a prestigious political job that attracts the most suitable people for what is basically running a civil service.

However, I’m even less impressed by the clown Johnson and most of the incompetent and corrupt shower that passes for his government. Nor was I impressed by Cameron before him - who’ll go down in history as the worst PM the UK ever had. 

In my experience though, most of those who become politicians anywhere should never be let anywhere near the job. Certainly not failed ones and proven liars…

• Like 3

3 hours ago, iris123 said:

Exacty. I would have thought the last thing certain sections of the ecoomy need atm is a twit for tat tariff war with any major trade partner.

Seems to be the Tory strategy towards its biggest market, the EU…

You were warned

Brexit Poster Stockfotos und -bilder Kaufen - Alamy

Another one

Keine Fotobeschreibung verfügbar.

And another one.....

Farming – waveneyvoteleave

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Another one

Keine Fotobeschreibung verfügbar.

How come that when fish cross an imaginary line they’re British, but when refugees cross that same line they’re someone else’s problem ?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Jonny the spud said:

How come that when fish cross an imaginary line they’re British, but when refugees cross that same line they’re someone else’s problem ?

COD don’t cross land borders. :)

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

I’m not quite sure what your point is.

I actually haven’t been impressed by (m)any European Commissioners over the years because generally it’s not a prestigious political job that attracts the most suitable people for what is basically running a civil service.

However, I’m even less impressed by the clown Johnson and most of the incompetent and corrupt shower that passes for his government. Nor was I impressed by Cameron before him - who’ll go down in history as the worst PM the UK ever had. 

In my experience though, most of those who become politicians anywhere should never be let anywhere near the job. Certainly not failed ones and proven liars…

The point is that Arch Europhile Lord Adonis is not impressed with the President of the Commission. It doesn’t seem to me to be such a difficult point to get ones mind around .  However it seems that you agree with Lord Adonis and a string of others that she is not up to the job. One would have thought that for  over £28k a MONTH they could have found someone rather more impressive. You may label her a civil servant but Lord Adonis seems to think she is a politician. I’ve never heard of civil servants addressing political conferences such as G7, though.

I agree that failed politicians and liars should  never be let anywhere near the job. It makes one wonder how the likes of Mandelson and Kinnock found their way onto the EU Gravy Train. :rolleyes:

Edited by E I Addio
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Jonny the spud said:

Fish don’t expect to be given accommodation , money, three meals a day and Legal Aid.

• Like 3

Project Brexit has failed and unless some one can get a compromise the situation is going to get worse and apart from the rich public school boys life is going to get very difficult for the majority of the population.

• Like 3

On 12/10/2021 at 12:26 PM, Humphrey Appleby said:

Nor was I impressed by Cameron before him - who’ll go down in history as the worst PM the UK ever had. 

Not even close, even his two immediate predecessors make him look fairly competent in comparison! 

• Sad 1