British Speedway Forum
The White Knight

European Union - In Or Out?

6 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Sure we were told it would just be a matter of filling in a few forms after Brexit, yet it also seems that parting with over a thousand sovs is necessary as well. Don't remember that bit being on the side of the bus either... :rolleyes:

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

Sure we were told it would just be a matter of filling in a few forms after Brexit, yet it also seems that parting with over a thousand sovs is necessary as well. Don't remember that bit being on the side of the bus either... :rolleyes:

My rail customer has just suspended all the deliveries into their plant in January due to the new customs arrangements which will give us a major cash flow issue as we have a lot of assemblies ready for despatch in the first week of January.

• Sad 2

37 minutes ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

Former Brexit Party MEP posts nonsense and you swallow it... :rofl:

I didn't say or suggest  swallowed it but if someone with a degree in European Politics posts  an opinion backed by source material that is disagrees with your amateur  opinion ,( which is usually written by the Guardian or the Independent and swallowed whole by you ) it has some bearing on the discussion. Just because he disagrees with you there is no need to get your knickers in a twist . Chill out man. Some people like to see both sides of the argument even if you don't.:rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Pieman72 said:

N

Edited by E I Addio

2 hours ago, Pieman72 said:

Nice to see your sourcing balanced material to support your flawed argument. The economy has tanked?

All it said was it seems the educated young think the UK is the place to be (along with Italy ) and there was a video with a supporting survey. If you have a survey that says they dont think that then my all means post it :unsure:

3 hours ago, E I Addio said:

I didn't say or suggest  swallowed it but if someone with a degree in European Politics posts  an opinion backed by source material that is disagrees with your amateur  opinion ,( which is usually written by the Guardian or the Independent and swallowed whole by you ) it has some bearing on the discussion. Just because he disagrees with you there is no need to get your knickers in a twist . Chill out man. Some people like to see both sides of the argument even if you don't.:rolleyes:

You're clearly a follower of pro-Brexit sources and I never see you posting pro-Remain arguments, so there's not much evidence you're at all interested in seeing both sides of the argument. :rolleyes:

Not sure how a degree in European politics makes someone's views 'professional' and me having provided paid-for services in just about every European country (and certainly every EU country) makes my opinions 'amateur'. Only in the wacky world of Addio... :D

Edited by Humphrey Appleby
  • Like 6

23 hours ago, E I Addio said:

All it said was it seems the educated young think the UK is the place to be (along with Italy ) and there was a video with a supporting survey. If you have a survey that says they dont think that then my all means post it :unsure:

Do you think Brexit has gone rogue?

18 hours ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

You're clearly a follower of pro-Brexit sources and I never see you posting pro-Remain arguments, so there's not much evidence you're at all interested in seeing both sides of the argument. :rolleyes:

Not sure how a degree in European politics makes someone's views 'professional' and me having provided paid-for services in just about every European country (and certainly every EU country) makes my opinions 'amateur'. Only in the wacky world of Addio... :D

Humph, apart from your small band of acolytes, I think virtually everyone on here can see through your deflections, like seeing though a sheet of glass. 

The issue is a link from someone who quotes a specific source, a specific poll , saying that a specific poll of 20,000 young professionals reports that Britain, along with Italy, is the place to be. That’s all it is. Italy in the EU , Britain outside the EU , both joint  top.

Being unable to take the poll head on, you instead want to shoot the messenger , because he happens to be a former Brexit MP, while being too bigoted to realise that the poll would still say the same thing whoever quoted it,  while at the same time  too short sighted to realise that to the extent you criticise Britain’s position on top you also, by extension also criticise Italy’s position on top, judged in the same way

It actually has very  little to with Brexit. Both great countries according to the young and not going to the dogs in the way the media and the doom mongers would have us believe.Although as Michael Heaver says there are plenty sulking over Brexit with nothing good to say about Britain.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Pieman72 said:

Do you think Brexit has gone rogue?

Hi, Pieman, I am afraid you’ll have to educate me. I don’t know what you mean by “gone rogue “.

Good god. Brexit. The gift that keeps on giving.

Major Brexit change: British drivers face having to apply for new licences under plans

Brexit rules will mean British drivers face costly new measures over licences in order to drive in the European Union starting from May next year.

Drivers will be required to get new international operating licences if they want to travel back and forth to the EU from May next year, the Government has announced.

The additional red tape will come into force next year alongside a series of further checks at Dover and other ports that were delayed three times in 2021.

The new rules will apply to van drivers wishing to cross over into the European Union.

According to updates on the gov.uk website, anyone driving a van, a light commercial vehicle or any car towing a trailer will be required to have a “goods vehicle operator licence” to enter the EU, Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein or Switzerland from May.

The costs are likely to infuriate small business owners and van drivers that rely on European trips to sustain their businesses.

• Like 3