British Speedway Forum
The White Knight

European Union - In Or Out?

3 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

Regrettably this comment  could not be more true.

You seem a little confused  you poor bugger,  take a deep breath and try to think again !!!!

1 minute ago, Sidney the robin said:

You seem a little confused  you poor bugger,  take a deep breath and try to think again !!!!

So you now think that we will not have to live with it during our lifetime? Insults and  and low grade swearing  do nothing for your case

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

So you now think that we will not have to live with it during our lifetime? Insults and  and low grade swearing  do nothing for your case

Bugger is just a  word, a laugh come on get a life that word has been around forever.You certainly need to take a deep  breath and rethink things through.

Edited by Sidney the robin

32 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Bugger is just a  word, a laugh come on get a life that word has been around forever.You certainly need to take a deep  breath and rethink things through.

Give it a rest you thicko 

45 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Do you actually know what bugger means? Anyway  you failed to respond to first part of my post. I totally respect and understand those that voted leave as they do not want a federal  Europe. I do not understand how anyone can think we are  economically better off

3 hours ago, wealdstone said:

Yet another example  of the failure of those who voted Brexit to ask the second third and fourth questions. No good crying over spilt milk however once the horse has bolted

That's an example of the elephant in the room that the remain camp wouldn't go anywhere near although they knew that it was the number one issue. Their campaign was based on the second third and fourth question but was rejected. So whose failure was it in reality?

• Like 1

How anyone can still defend Brexit ( or indeed the Tories by that matter) seriously do need to give their head a wobble. It’s going to get a lot worse before it gets better. 

• Like 7

You didn't have to be a trade expert to see how lopsided the trade deal with Australia was. Yet Liz Truss was desperate to prove trade deals could be signed at any cost...

https://infosurhoy.com/news/according-to-a-government-study-the-brexit-trade-deal-with-australia-will-cost-the-uk-94-million-in-agriculture-forestry-and-fishing/amp/

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jonny the spud said:

How anyone can still defend Brexit ( or indeed the Tories by that matter) seriously do need to give their head a wobble. It’s going to get a lot worse before it gets better. 

I can defend it on the basis that we will not be included in a federal Europe and will retain our entire powers of sovereignty, including the freedom to make our own laws, policies and trade agreements.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DC2 said:

I can defend it on the basis that we will not be included in a federal Europe and will retain our entire powers of sovereignty, including the freedom to make our own laws, policies and trade agreements.

Really?!! Can you let me know what it will look like when we ‘get our sovereignty back’ and when we have actually made a trade deal that benefits UK businesses?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, dj350z said:

Really?!! Can you let me know what it will look like when we ‘get our sovereignty back’ and when we have actually made a trade deal that benefits UK businesses?

We’re doing it already by writing EU law out of ours.

As regards business, you need to get into the vaccine, testing and deliveries trades.  :D

19 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Learn to live with it because nothing will change in your lifetime .

Oh it will. Like the ex pats in Spain the leave camp will deny all knowledge of voting out because Brexit it going to make us a lot lot poorer and if you can't pay the bills someone will get the blame.

5 hours ago, dj350z said:

So let me get this right. I need to completely change my business model less than a year from when I plan to retire for the benefit of ‘sovereignty’ and making our own laws that you can’t actually define the benefits of. Good job this isn’t the Covid thread as you would be asking for hard data, facts and figures & rational argument!

You seem to be the sort of intelligent fellow who would be well prepared for retirement several years in advance!

There’s all sorts of challenges in business. I saw 70% slumps in 1991 and 2008, but recovered.

I’d certainly advise anyone to have two different types of investment or a contrarian attitude.

Anyway, best wishes.

48 minutes ago, DC2 said:

You seem to be the sort of intelligent fellow who would be well prepared for retirement several years in advance!

There’s all sorts of challenges in business. I saw 70% slumps in 1991 and 2008, but recovered.

I’d certainly advise anyone to have two different types of investment or a contrarian attitude.

Anyway, best wishes.

I am prepared but what happens to all the people who work for me, some for 40 years?! I try to look after my employees hence the long service of most of them and I will not just turf them to one side. 
I have been through the same challenges in business too but the difference is, the recessions and financial crash were not an outcome that was voted for at referendum! 

Anyway, I am still waiting to hear what ‘getting our country back’ is going to look like so I can recognise it when (if) it ever comes!

Edited by dj350z
  • Like 3