British Speedway Forum
The White Knight

European Union - In Or Out?

2 hours ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

What's that got to do with the erm... price of fish? 

The financial sector is also important to those living in the south-east, just as universities are important to those living all over the country. Both sectors earn far more for the economy than fishin', but hasn't stopped them being sacrificed for Brecit ideoology.

If you actually ever went to a town you might realise that... :rolleyes:

Your original, post on the previous page was one of your snidely digs against the fishing industry, saying you found their situation laughable, not about the South East or universities which you are now desperately trying to move the discussion on to. 
If people lose their jobs it’s no laughing matter whoever they are. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

If you actually ever went to a town you might realise that... :rolleyes:

My whole working life is spent in a county town. FYI. B)

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, Phlipphlopp said:

My whole working life is spent in a county town. FYI. B)

Yes but if they ever manage to get a second horse it will scare the life out of you :D

Edited by iris123
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, E I Addio said:

Your original, post on the previous page was one of your snidely digs against the fishing industry, saying you found their situation laughable, not about the South East or universities which you are now desperately trying to move the discussion on to. 
If people lose their jobs it’s no laughing matter whoever they are. 

Of course I'm trying to move the discussion on, just as we have over the 3394 pages of this thread. The UK economy is not just about fish - indeed hardly about fish. 

Glad you're acknowledging that Brexit has caused job losses though... 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

Of course I'm trying to move the discussion on, just as we have over the 3394 pages of this thread. The UK economy is not just about fish - indeed hardly about fish. 

Glad you're acknowledging that Brexit has caused job losses though... 

The U.K. economy is not just about fish, but as Gambo pointed out a few posts back , its you that keeps on about fishing.

I’ve never said Brexit would not result in job losses. It’s just that you always want to over egg the pudding , and for some inexplicable reason find job losses laughable, as Shovlar does.  In one breath you tell us fishing has been in decline for years then tell us it’s all down to Brexit.

On 6/9/2022 at 9:30 PM, Humphrey Appleby said:

Well it's facts you wanted... :rolleyes:

https://www.itv.com/news/2022-06-09/brexit-cost-the-uk-billions-in-lost-trade-and-tax-revenues-research-finds

Of course, hilarious that it's the fishing' industry that's been shafted the most after being the cause celebre of the Brexit Brigade.

The fact remains that we still have the lowest unemployment for decades, although the world is changing and the old idea of a job for life is almost non existent.  

The clip is from Auditing Britain...

Posted (edited)

Does it have that Blu saying Boris will give us back our freedom from the loony left EU in it ? I mean the same Blu who has been telling us Boris for the past couple of years, has taken away our freedom and has even worse planned for us, whilst laughing at us ? That Blu B)

Edited by iris123

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, E I Addio said:

The U.K. economy is not just about fish, but as Gambo pointed out a few posts back , its you that keeps on about fishing.

I’ve never said Brexit would not result in job losses. It’s just that you always want to over egg the pudding , and for some inexplicable reason find job losses laughable, as Shovlar does.  In one breath you tell us fishing has been in decline for years then tell us it’s all down to Brexit.

The fact remains that we still have the lowest unemployment for decades, although the world is changing and the old idea of a job for life is almost non existent.  

You're just being silly now, probably to distract attention from the fact you've been called out twice in a day by different people.

I pointed to a wider article about the economic damage down by Brexit, but which also mentioned that fishing has been particularly affected. Yes, I do find it ironic that an industry which was told and deluded itself would prosper post-Brexit, and for which the UK government damaged so many other much more profitable industries, has arguably suffered the greatest proportional impact of any sector. I make absolutely no apologies for using it as example for what a con job Brexit was, and frankly have little sympathy for an industry that would rather blame everyone else for overfishing, the fact that consumer preferences changed, and that many trawler owners were perfectly happy to sell their licenses and be paid to scrap their boats over the years. 

I also think it's perfectly reasonable to point out when some are bleating about the impact on a handful of coastal communities (and frankly the value of fishing to those communities these days is exaggerated), that other sectors sacrificed on the altar of Brexit are just as much and usually far more economically important to their communities as well. 

You're also conflating one of my comments with something that I didn't say at all - namely that I find job losses laughable. But at the end of the day, people who voted for something that's turned out to be detrimental to their own interests need to own those choices... 

Edited by Humphrey Appleby
  • Like 2

Lying and making things up is the new normal for commies.

I have never voted for Boris and i never voted for Brexit. I trust i have been clear...

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

The UK economy is being disastrously handled. If a Labour government were in power you'd never hear the end of it...

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/amphtml/gdp-fell-0-3-april-060845668.html

UK GDP is just above the worldwide average so perhaps not quite the disaster you'd like it to be.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Vince said:

UK GDP is just above the worldwide average so perhaps not quite the disaster you'd like it to be.

UK GDP is well above the worldwide average, but are you seriously saying that the fact that it's not decreased to the level of a developing country is a selling point of Brexit? What a strange argument... :D

Edited by Humphrey Appleby
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

You're just being silly now, probably to distract attention from the fact you've been called out twice in a day by different people.

I pointed to a wider article about the economic damage down by Brexit, but which also mentioned that fishing has been particularly affected. Yes, I do find it ironic that an industry which was told and deluded itself would prosper post-Brexit, and for which the UK government damaged so many other much more profitable industries, has arguably suffered the greatest proportional impact of any sector. I make absolutely no apologies for using it as example for what a con job Brexit was, and frankly have little sympathy for an industry that would rather blame everyone else for overfishing, the fact that consumer preferences changed, and that many trawler owners were perfectly happy to sell their licenses and be paid to scrap their boats over the years. 

I also think it's perfectly reasonable to point out when some are bleating about the impact on a handful of coastal communities (and frankly the value of fishing to those communities these days is exaggerated), that other sectors sacrificed on the altar of Brexit are just as much and usually far more economically important to their communities as well. 

You're also conflating one of my comments with something that I didn't say at all - namely that I find job losses laughable. But at the end of the day, people who voted for something that's turned out to be detrimental to their own interests need to own those choices... 

Humph, I am not going to waste the day playing ping pong with you. It’s all on the record, and I’m not going to keep repeating myself.

You have made your opinion on the fishing industry a dozen times, we have all got your point , and constantly repeating it doesn’t make it any more or any less convincing . 

And Ive never said that Brexit would not result in job losses, but equally , unlike you, I have never claimed that job losses were due to Brexit which clearly weren’t.

Carry on with your word salads if you wish but that is what it boils down to.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Blupanther said:

The clip is from Auditing Britain...

How are they "working illegally"?

Refugees are allowed to work.

Can Refugees work in the UK? | Sona Circle

"Legally, refugees are allowed to work in any profession and at any skill level, and they are also protected against workplace discrimination in the UK."

Edited by Grachan
  • Like 2

On 12/18/2015 at 10:12 PM, The White Knight said:

As Europe is topical at the moment - I wondered how the good folk on this Forum would Vote in the upcoming Referendum?

Currently, if the Referendum were tomorrow I would definitely Vote to leave the European Union.

Anyone else care to share their views and Voting intentions?

What a wonderful observation  - originally made on December 18, 2015!!!