British Speedway Forum
The White Knight

European Union - In Or Out?

When politicians stand up for democracy across the world, maybe they should also stand up more strongly for our own democracy, which is being eroded day after day by a government rotten, duplicitous and corrupt to the core...

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, E I Addio said:

That is such a stupid comment, that I won’t dignify it with a constructive reply

No more stupid than you derogatorily calling them 'dinghy divers'and also conflating them with illegal immigrants. 

You also appear to have defended the government's policy of sending 'illegal immigrants' to Rwanda, so I think it's a perfectly fair question of why you now think illegal immigrants should be used for fruit picking... 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

When politicians stand up for democracy across the world, maybe they should also stand up more strongly for our own democracy, which is being eroded day after day by a government rotten, duplicitous and corrupt to the core...

That's what they meant by 'taking back control'.

No-one actually believed it meant more freedoms for British people, did they? :rolleyes:

• Like 5

19 hours ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

No more stupid than you derogatorily calling them 'dinghy divers'and also conflating them with illegal immigrants. 

You also appear to have defended the government's policy of sending 'illegal immigrants' to Rwanda, so I think it's a perfectly fair question of why you now think illegal immigrants should be used for fruit picking... 

“Appear to” ?  It seems to me that a lot of things appear to you that are not written in the posts.

The thread is about leaving the EU , nothing whatsoever to do with sending EU migrants, or anybody else for that matter , to Rawanda.

The line of discussion on the thread was dealing with shortage of labour in this country, not Rwanda.

We have a totally separate thread dealing with “Sending Refugees To Rwanda” which is the appropriate place to post on your thoughts if you were serious about it, not the EU thread.

So it’s pretty obvious what your motives were in attempting to drag it onto the EU thread, but I’m not going to bite, nor it seems is anybody else. .:)

I wonder why ? B)

“I think the UK economy is probably weakening rather earlier and somewhat more than others,” he said. “There will be circumstances in which we will have to do more. We’re not there yet in terms of the next meeting. We’re still a month away, but that’s on the table. But you shouldn’t assume its the only thing on the table – that’s the key point,” he added.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2022/jun/29/central-bank-heads-warn-world-economy-faces-new-inflationary-era

1 hour ago, iris123 said:

I wonder why ? B)

“I think the UK economy is probably weakening rather earlier and somewhat more than others,” he said. “There will be circumstances in which we will have to do more. We’re not there yet in terms of the next meeting. We’re still a month away, but that’s on the table. But you shouldn’t assume its the only thing on the table – that’s the key point,” he added.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2022/jun/29/central-bank-heads-warn-world-economy-faces-new-inflationary-era

From that article:-

Britons should expect to suffer a more severe bout of inflation than other major economies during the current energy crisis, the governor of the Bank of England has warned.

Speaking at a conference of central bankers in Portugal, Andrew Bailey said inflation was higher in the UK and would persist for longer than previously expected as soaring petrol and gas prices sent household bills rocketing to new highs.

So are fuel prices not going up in the EU, only I paid 2.298 euros per litre in Spain for petrol at the beginning of the month (which is a smidgen under £2 a litre) and I've never paid over £1.795 a litre in the UK. Don't know about EU gas and electric prices, but aren't they going up too?

1 minute ago, Vincent Blachshadow said:

From that article:-

Britons should expect to suffer a more severe bout of inflation than other major economies during the current energy crisis, the governor of the Bank of England has warned.

Speaking at a conference of central bankers in Portugal, Andrew Bailey said inflation was higher in the UK and would persist for longer than previously expected as soaring petrol and gas prices sent household bills rocketing to new highs.

So are fuel prices not going up in the EU, only I paid 2.298 euros per litre in Spain for petrol at the beginning of the month (which is a smidgen under £2 a litre) and I've never paid over £1.795 a litre in the UK. Don't know about EU gas and electric prices, but aren't they going up too?

Well he said the UK economy is probably weakening rather earlier and somewhat more than others,

Which is the main part of the article and my question as to why

But yes things are rising everywhere. Although 4 or 5 weeks ago i was staying near the German- French border and when we popped over to Colmar we filled up for about €1.85 and a couple of days later in Stuttgart the price was €2.25. Now the government have made a few economic measures to help out and the price was around that French price a couple of days ago. Plus we now have a new monthly train ticket of €9 , that we can use on all regional trains. This has though caused major problems with trains packed and the punks from Hamburg going to the 'posh' north sea island of Sylt and annoying the millionaires, and local businesses etc  

And then we had the surprise announcement yesterday that inflation has dropped this month

https://www.tagesschau.de/wirtschaft/inflationsrate-sinkt-101.html

• Like 4

Actions of British government could break up UK, Varadkar says 

Tánaiste launches extraordinary broadside against ‘disrespectful’ and ‘undemocratic’ moves by Downing Street

“That’s what I find shocking and hard to accept. The British government wants to impose solutions on Northern Ireland that most people in Northern Ireland don’t want. We’ve had this happen twice now.

https://www.irishtimes.com/politics/2022/06/30/varadkar-says-actions-of-british-government-could-break-up-the-united-kingdom/

• Like 2

UK trade figures drop to worst level on record. Imports leap and exports fall. Caused by leaving the EU Single Market says the FT...

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

UK trade figures drop to worst level on record. Imports leap and exports fall. Caused by leaving the EU Single Market says the FT...

And there was you jumping for joy that Boris would take back control from the loony EU :rofl::rofl:

35 minutes ago, iris123 said:

And there was you jumping for joy that Boris would take back control from the loony EU :rofl::rofl:

Considering I never voted for Brexit and to leave the EU Single Market, it would appear you have suffered another wide and a miss... 

52 minutes ago, iris123 said:

4 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Considering I never voted for Brexit and to leave the EU Single Market, it would appear you have suffered another wide and a miss... 

On 6/21/2019 at 6:19 PM, Blupanther said:

Not long to wait, Boris will deliver our freedom from the EU loony left ...

I rest my case, your honour. Banged to rights :rofl:

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Blupanther said:

Sadly that’s exactly what we are experiencing in manufacturing. Exports have almost completely dried up in the markets we are in and my bank manager says we are by no means alone. Our domestic and export orders were at an all time low in June! Added to that we can’t get the raw material we need from Europe for the orders we do have because of the ridiculous 25% tariff that the government brought in to protect the steel industry!! Grades of steel that the UK do not produce so not much research carried out by our illustrious government!

Edited by dj350z
  • Sad 2