British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
norbold

List Of My Top 20 Riders Of The 1960s

Happy Chistmas to you and your family too, sydney. I always enjoy our historical chats on here. :)

Seasons Greetings to you and yours Norbold!

Keep the threads coming!

• Like 1

Thank you, steve, and a very Happy Christmas to you and your family too.

I'll keep the threads coming if you promise to keep yours coming! :t:

Edited by norbold
  • Like 2

"Norbold it pains me to say it but on people's opinions who i respect, and looking at stats i am resigned to the fact that OVE had the edge over Briggo.Really have studied there records closely,so annoying i have not got a terrific amount of 50s stats but it has been enjoyable none the less both two great Legends though.

That's very big of you to admit you've been wrong, sidney, and to give way on your all time hero. :wink:

Briggo, of course was an all-time great. There's no denying it. But, as I have been saying all along, there is no doubt in my mind that Ove was even better. And that's not just from the record books, that comes from seeing them fairly regularly throughout the early to mid 1960s in both league and big individual meetings.

Other riders to remember for some outstanding performances at times in the 1960s include Boris Samorodov, Terry Betts, Soren Sjosten, Torbjorn Harrysson, Colin Pratt, Anders Michanek and Andrzej Wyglenda.

No place for Peter Moore? Swedes Rune Sormander and Olle Nygren might also have been considered.

Edited by Split

The problem as always, Split, is who do you leave out to make way for them? Olle Nygren is certainly a good call. I would definitely put Peter Moore in a 1950s Top 20, but not sure he was good enough for long enough into the 60s to warrant inclusion in a 60s list. The same applies to Rune Sormander. But then that's what these lists are all about. Everyone will have their own opinion.