British Speedway Forum
Pinny

Notoriously Dirty Riders

If I remember correctly, Mitch Shirra never used his mirrors, and had a liking to depositing riders into the safety fence!!

Surely it could only be classed as dirty if he HAD used his mirrors first!!

• Like 2

Surely it could only be classed as dirty if he HAD used his mirrors first!!

Recall seeing a photo of Ivan Mauger wearing a helmet with mirrors attached to the visor! I wonder why it never caught on?

Surprised no-one has mentioned Tungate at Scunny last year on - I think Josh Auty?

That to me is the definition of dirty riding - there's no doubt his move to take a fellow professional off was intentional and was rightly banned for his actions.

As an aside, didn't Jason Doyle get thrown out of a meeting at Somerset for attacking (I think Tom P Madsen) when he was lying on the track?

As an aside, didn't Jason Doyle get thrown out of a meeting at Somerset for attacking (I think Tom P Madsen) when he was lying on the track?

Correct - in 2008

Surprised no-one has mentioned Tungate at Scunny last year on - I think Josh Auty?

That to me is the definition of dirty riding - there's no doubt his move to take a fellow professional off was intentional and was rightly banned for his actions.

Think it would get more press of Auty wasnt such a d**k himself

• Like 2

Matousek and Rob Grant from opposing riders. From a Falcons perspective , you really didnt want to be on the outside of Alan Rivett or Frank Andersen.

I can remember Frank Anderson riding at Belle Vue"s, maybe at the time of Kelly Moran. Always trapped in the mix, couldn't cope with the tight bends and would run out to the fence, endangering himself and anybody else in the heat. Not dirty, just didn't seem to get in with the track.

On 12/31/2015 at 5:34 AM, Pinny said:

Not sure about that, looked a horrible move to me!

Always liked phil though, but will admit he was at the least a very ruthless, hard rider. He didnt have the nickname "philthy phil" for nothing !

I've just watched this 5 times and in my opinion as an ex rider Phil didn't deliberately fence him, Phil hit a rut and straightened up but also David locked up and cut back to the line it was just an unfortunate incident 

• Like 1

Remember Sam Ermolenko neatly taking Richard Knights leg away going into the 1st/2nd bend Lap2/3 causing him to fall.It was deliberate, so IMO it was dirty.Think Sam said Richard had been hard on him on previous lap.Simple falls can end riders career without being assisted.

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2015 at 4:33 PM, Paulco said:

Would never have classed him as dangerous , but I remember Tom Owen being kicked out of a meeting at Paisley in the mid seventies . Went to a Stoke v Glasgow meeting about 7 or 8 years ago . Claus Vissing's first year in British speedway and he got excluded about three times that night , twice putting David McAllan in the fence .

I remember Jesper Olsen's first season as a Glasgow Tiger at Shawfield , he stopped the first aiders getting bored

Vissing did the worst move on a rider I have ever seen at Sheffield

He watched Paul Cooper gaining on him all the way up the back straight and then put his back wheel out knocking Paul off, very deliberate

Luckily Paul was unhurt

the ref then excluded Paul, pity he couldn't watch it back because he would have seen what really happened

On 2/20/2016 at 8:40 AM, phillipsr said:

Think it would get more press of Auty wasnt such a d**k himself

Turn the record over the race is on you tube,  Tungate who i like  knew  exactly what he was doing and it was after the race.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

Vissing did the worst move on a rider I have ever seen at Sheffield

Even Vissings friend and flat mate Henning Beger said Vissing was a looney and on and off track had a few screws loose.

• Like 1

On 1/2/2016 at 9:57 PM, Hobnob Smith said:

LOL razzer was never a dirty rider hard yes but not dirty and if I remember right if knight would have got to razzer it would have been a big mistake by Knight , good cup final thou I remember one night at Oxford 3 times Neil Evitts rode razzer into the first bend fence on the fourth attempt all Hell broke loose , the following season razzer rode for Ipswich and Evitts was on the opposing side Jens tapped Evitts on the shoulder and said no funny business tonight and Evitts didn't ride well all night and scored hardly anything lol

Wasn't that a double header and Wiggy I think got injured during the first match. Mr Evitts guested for those Mighty Fine Cheetahs in the 2nd match. When he and Rasser were due to ride in one race. Rasser just rode through the tapes and replaced by a reserve. When interviewed Rasser said something alonv thd lines of he wouldn't ride in the same race as that B'stard 

• Like 1

On 2/12/2016 at 1:35 AM, tomcat said:

Already mentioned, but Tim Hunt was crackers. One incident (well two really), was Hunt the Shunts fencing of John Louis

at Reading, when Hunt had moved to the Racers from Ipswich. JL duly noted that incident and promptly put Hunt into

the back straight fence at Foxhall, just before they entered the 3rd bend in the return fixture....I forget the year I'm afraid.

But Hunt had a habit of knocking opposition riders off, even during his Witches days. Never liked him then and liked him

even less when he moved on.

Tim Hunt was one of the dirtiest riders i have seen along with Preben Eriksen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

Tim Hunt was one of the dirtiest riders i have seen along with Preben Eriksen.

Must of taken some doing to surpass Andre Compton. Theres too many incidents of his resulting in serious injuries to name. 

6 hours ago, Pinny said:

Must of taken some doing to surpass Andre Compton. Theres too many incidents of his resulting in serious injuries to name. 

I did not see alot of Compton Pinny,  apart from in the PLRC and for Belle Vue  his battles with Sean the prawn were well worth watching.