British Speedway Forum
Pinny

Notoriously Dirty Riders

On 1/28/2020 at 8:33 PM, Tsunami said:

Yes, Andre did get himself a bit of a reputation. I was at that meeting BTW. Hard as nails he never backed off, as seen at Lakeside when an Arena rider was going round all the riders on the outside of the 1st and 2nd bends, when Andre went to the fence and the Arena rider when through the fence and took several sections of the fence with him.  All 4 back. :rolleyes:  

It wasn't this instance but i recall Andre putting Brent Collyer in the fence and ending his meeting after just one attempted ride.

Another rider always loathed at Arena was Sean Wilson, practically ended young Gary Corbett's career.

What's the difference between a hard rider and a dirty one? the hard one will close the door, the dirty one will just put you in the fence to make sure.

1 hour ago, uk_martin said:

You'll love this one then...

Gawd almighty!

1 hour ago, marko said:

It wasn't this instance but i recall Andre putting Brent Collyer in the fence and ending his meeting after just one attempted ride.

Another rider always loathed at Arena was Sean Wilson, practically ended young Gary Corbett's career.

What's the difference between a hard rider and a dirty one? the hard one will close the door, the dirty one will just put you in the fence to make sure.

Didn't Wilson have something to do with ending Jan Stechmann's career?

Edited by steve roberts

10 hours ago, steve roberts said:

Didn't Wilson have something to do with ending Jan Stechmann's career?

Never understood Wilson he was a good solid fast  rider without needing to be over the top .

Edited by FAST GATER
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, FAST GATER said:

Never understood Wilson he was a good solid fast  rider without needing to be over the top .

I put him in the same mould as Simon Cross another who tended to ride 'over the top' and sometimes gave the impression that he wasn't totally in control on occasions.

On 2/17/2021 at 8:05 AM, FAST GATER said:

In one of the most senseless accidents in speedway, Sean overtook Derrol Keates in heat one at Brough in 1999, shot forward without trying to slide the bike for the 3rd bend, and hit Robert Erikkson sending him flying and breaking Robert's collarbone. No remorse from Sean. 

Excluded from the race rerun, but should have been excluded from the whole meeting. He continued to take his rides, whilst David McAllan had to take Robert's rides.

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, steve roberts said:

I put him in the same mould as Simon Cross another who tended to ride 'over the top' and sometimes gave the impression that he wasn't totally in control on occasions.

Perhaps but a comparison of the careers of both riders, suggests that Simon Cross achieved to a higher level than Sean Wilson.

23 hours ago, steve roberts said:

Gawd almighty!

Yeah good job that was Newport v Birmingham and not against Glasgow.

If that had been against the Tigers then the Scots would have had Kyle Newman lynched from the nearest lamp post for fencing Richard Sweetman not only once but twice.

9 hours ago, moomin man 76 said:

Perhaps but a comparison of the careers of both riders, suggests that Simon Cross achieved to a higher level than Sean Wilson.

Reminds me of the story years ago when Chris Pusey was leaning over the fence laughing at the wild antics of a novice only for Ivan Mauger to comment that's how you look when out on the track but only much faster!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, uk_martin said:

Yeah good job that was Newport v Birmingham and not against Glasgow.

If that had been against the Tigers then the Scots would have had Kyle Newman lynched from the nearest lamp post for fencing Richard Sweetman not only once but twice.

It was the commentary I was referring too.

Edited by steve roberts

On 12/26/2015 at 6:06 PM, Robert Lee said:

Off-topic slightly, Sudden Sam has cropped up on here. Was it my imagination, or did he have a habit of inexplicably falling off on the 3rd/4th bends all by himself? I've seen him do it more than once at both Brandon & Monmore.

Definitely at Dudley Wood.  We used to call the 3rd bend at Cradley "Sam's Bend", he used to come off there that often.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MattB said:

Definitely at Dudley Wood.  We used to call the 3rd bend at Cradley "Sam's Bend", he used to come off there that often.

Remember watching him at Poole on one occsaion and after doing all the hard work by coming thru' from the back inexplicably proceeded to fall off when well clear.

7 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

Remember watching him at Poole on one occsaion and after doing all the hard work by coming thru' from the back inexplicably proceeded to fall off when well clear.

It seems to me some riders coming to the end of their career's fall for no good reason ,one that springs to mind was PK in his last season he  did it  a few times ,when he was one of the safest neat riders I have ever watched .

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MattB said:

The middle of that bend has caused a few riders to lose it over the years, Sam was only one of them.. it seemed that when they were riding mid track they either hit some divot or whatever and lo and behold they were on the floor.. seen it happen many times from off Scotsmons bonk... :D

• Like 1