British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Marcelle

World Finals Of The 70's Book

I got this book for Christmas, and although I haven't had time to read it yet, flicking through it it looks an excellent publication...Those of You who've read it what are your thoughts?

I got this book for Christmas, and although I haven't had time to read it yet, flicking through it it looks an excellent publication...Those of You who've read it what are your thoughts?

I've obviously missed this book! Who published it please?

Its been published by Speedway Star, its been advertised for 2 or 3 months now Steve.

I've obviously missed this book! Who published it please?

Speedway Star.

It's a compilation of all their World Final reports from the 70s, but on proper paper and all in one place. Lots of new photos, additional material from Tony Mac from his subsequent interviews with riders, plus a new interview with Jerzy Szczakiel.

Highly recommended - I've read it virtually cover-to-cover since getting it for Xmas.

All the best

Rob

• Like 2

Anyone got a link to where this can be ordered from

Try Speedway Star website.

Edited by Marcelle
  • Like 1

Thanks for that! I don't subscribe to 'The Star' but will certainly check it out!

• Like 1

15 quid looks good value, but ten quid postage not so much.

Just ordered mine...thankfully p&p is included!

Just ordered mine...thankfully p&p is included!

Pity you didn't know about it before Christmas it was on offer, 2 or 3 quid cheaper.

Just received my copy! Full of stats and interviews and/or reports. Looks excellent and good value for money! Here's hoping that a similar publication covering the 80s is on the agenda?

• Like 1

Just received my copy! Full of stats and interviews and/or reports. Looks excellent and good value for money! Here's hoping that a similar publication covering the 80s is on the agenda?

IT is ...

• Like 4

IT is ...

It really is excellent Philip....well done to all involved.

Excellent read.Brings back the memories and reminds of some of the riders who were the backbone of the sport in these days.Some great names in the stats.