Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
pete cc

3 Pointers

Every year the National League throws up a 3 pointer who doubles his average or more. who will it be this year?

You always hope it is going to be the rider in the team you support... With some though,, ,shrewd promoters may have seen the rapid improving type the season before somewhere such as the Dugards ..But in the main we will not know until the wheels start turning in the spring...

Birmingham have a good pair in Smith and JPB, Mildenhall have a good pairing too but the one I think will end with the highest average is KL's Cupitt or Smith.

Edited by Islander15

JPB looks a smart tip for that title this year. Cupitt & Andrews should put at least 1.5 - 2 points on their average.

It'll be Smith or JPB.

they will do well, but they won't double their average quite. They will get to 4.5 or 5 at best I reckon

JPB looks a smart tip for that title this year. Cupitt & Andrews should put at least 1.5 - 2 points on their average.

Not sure about Cupitt, he's had a season in the NL & didn't manage to get above a 3.00 ave in the weakest NL season ever!

Edited by szkocjasid

Bradley Andrews and 3 pointer as such James Purchase will both end up on 5 or 6 averages!

• Like 1

Not sure about Cupitt, he's had a season in the NL & didn't manage to get above a 3.00 ave in the weakest NL season ever!

Think Layne will/has to kick on this season. With a years experience under his belt and even weaker reserves this year he has to be looking to improve and think he will.

Layne Cupitt has a great opportunity spending the winter in Australia with the World Champion, if he doesn't waste it.

If a rider rides for your track & you see him every week i don't think you will see much improvement weekly.I maybe saw Layne Cupitt 3 times last season & was getting better every time.

• Like 1

Brum have the best pair (not that Iv seen them lol) without doubt, it wont be easy for anyone to double there average, so this season I will say no current reserve will get a 6 point average at seasons end.

• Like 2

Brum have the best pair (not that Iv seen them lol) without doubt, it wont be easy for anyone to double there average, so this season I will say no current reserve will get a 6 point average at seasons end.

Very likely. From the true 3 pointers last year (Waj was a phenomenon) Only Wood, Dwyer & Kinsley cleared 5 points last year. Neale, Tedham & Dugard who all had plenty of laps behind them before stepping up managed 4.5+

There were plenty of tipped riders last year who didn't put a thing on their average so any team who ends up with a reserve on over 4 will have signed well.

Don't forget Ryan Kinsley (5.13) starts at reserve, wouldn't take much for him to hit a 6 ave!