British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
moomin man 76

1960's Cradley Heath Programmes Wanted

I was wondering if any forum users, either had copies they would be willing to part with, or any information ascertaining to the existence of the following programmes;

Cradley Heath Homes:

27/8/60 v Rayleigh - Challenge Match (16) - Rained Off

14/9/68 v West Ham - British League (24) - Rained Off

Cradley Heath Aways:

30/5/60 v Liverpool - Provincial Cup

18/7/60 v Wigan - Challenge Match

26/7/60 v St Austell - Challenge Match

21/9/60 v Poole - Provincial League

20/4/61 v Middlesbrough - Provincial League

28/8/61 v Newcastle - Provincial League

1/6/62 v Neath - Provincial League

3/9/63 v Long Eaton - Provincial League (Rained Off)

2/9/68 v Halifax - British League (Rained Off)

5/5/69 v Newcastle - British League (Rained Off)

These are the only 1960s Cradley programmes that are missing from my collection, so I would be delighted to hear from anyone.

5/5/69 at Newcastle exists as I sold my copy a couple of years ago. Never seen a copy of 28/8/61 at Newcastle.

Many thanks for that. At least, I know that 5/5/69 exists now, rather than it not being issued at all!

On the Speedway Researcher site, it has details of the meeting on 28/8/61 at Brough Park, which Cradley won 44-34 after maximums from Harry Bastable and Ivor Brown. Here's hoping that a programme was printed for that too!

I am also missing the programmes from the rained off meetings listed. The St Austell programme sold on ebay for £40 some time back and the Newcastle programme sold for £25.01.

21/9/60 at Poole exists, I have a copy in my collection. 40-32 to the Pirates.

Edited by Sotonian

Many thanks for everyone's helpful comments so far. At least that is another three programmes, which I now know definitely exist. If anyone has any of these programmes for sale, I would be delighted to hear from them!

I can add the Liverpool, Newcastle 1961 and Neath programmes to the list of those confirmed as in existence. They are in my collection but not for sale.

I have it on good authority the Halifax programme exists too, although I don't own a copy.

Edited by Gatwick Rocket

Many thanks for that. I do recall seeing the Neath programme on Ebay some time ago, but it is good to know that the other programmes are in circulation and potentially the Halifax programme exists too.

Any further information would be much appreciated!

I was wondering if any forum users, either had copies they would be willing to part with, or any information ascertaining to the existence of the following programmes;

Cradley Heath Homes:

27/8/60 v Rayleigh - Challenge Match (16) - Rained Off

14/9/68 v West Ham - British League (24) - Rained Off

Cradley Heath Aways:

30/5/60 v Liverpool - Provincial Cup

18/7/60 v Wigan - Challenge Match

26/7/60 v St Austell - Challenge Match

21/9/60 v Poole - Provincial League

20/4/61 v Middlesbrough - Provincial League

28/8/61 v Newcastle - Provincial League

1/6/62 v Neath - Provincial League

3/9/63 v Long Eaton - Provincial League (Rained Off)

2/9/68 v Halifax - British League (Rained Off)

5/5/69 v Newcastle - British League (Rained Off)

These are the only 1960s Cradley programmes that are missing from my collection, so I would be delighted to hear from anyone.

Were programmes issued for the postponements on 8/7/63 v Edinburgh, 22/5/68 v Hackney and 22/6/68 v Leicester?

Yes,

Each of those three programmes were issued as I have them in my collection, but I do not have any duplicate copies of them. I've seen several copies over the years of 8/7/63 v Edinburgh, but the two programmes from 1968 are rarer (at least in my experience).

Yes,

Each of those three programmes were issued as I have them in my collection, but I do not have any duplicate copies of them. I've seen several copies over the years of 8/7/63 v Edinburgh, but the two programmes from 1968 are rarer (at least in my experience).

Yes, I agree, not seen any in years.

Since my last posting, I have managed to obtain a copy of Poole v Cradly on 21/9/60, but if anyone has any other programmes that they wish to part with, or any further information I would be grateful.