British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Tapeworm

2016 Fixtures

How much longer will we have to wait for the 2016 fixtures to be published ? It can't be that difficult with the same teams and same competitions. Just adjust for Easter weekend, check the GP date, plug in the team/individual events and Bob's your uncle. It could surely have been done within a week of the AGM to allow the paying public to plan their holidays, book hotels/caravan pitches, and resolve their transport arrangements ? Would any other sport not have published their fixtures by this time ?

Need to wait for Peterborough to sort out their number 1.

• Like 1

Do caravan pitches sell out that quick then ? :o

• Like 1

How much longer will we have to wait for the 2016 fixtures to be published ? It can't be that difficult with the same teams and same competitions. Just adjust for Easter weekend, check the GP date, plug in the team/individual events and Bob's your uncle. It could surely have been done within a week of the AGM to allow the paying public to plan their holidays, book hotels/caravan pitches, and resolve their transport arrangements ? Would any other sport not have published their fixtures by this time ?

send them your e mail address and they will contact you . if it was so easy , we would all be doing it ... .patience please .

• Like 1

This week 'Star' says "hopefully within the next fortnight."

Need to wait for Peterborough to sort out their number 1.

All mouth and kilt statement. When you get your NO7 sorted out then you can start talking about others.

Do caravan pitches sell out that quick then ? :o

Yes. The good ones do.

I believe you're serious aswell... unbelievable.

Yes try Football. First Premiership match Aug 8, fixtures published 17 June. That is less than two months.

There are other complications you've overlooked:

I) two tracks have changed race day

II) Polish League One fixtures are still to be announced (they only decided on the composition of the league last week - at least the PL lineup has been known for two months)

III) There is Euro16 footy and the olympics, which clubs will want to work round.

Question when were the fixtures for July 1964 released?

• Like 1

Will the published fixtures bare any resemblance to when the meetings actually take place, seems fixtures can be changed willy nilly playing havoc with those who choose to follow their teams away, especially when it comes to booking holidays and hotels.

• Like 6

Will the published fixtures bare any resemblance to when the meetings actually take place, seems fixtures can be changed willy nilly playing havoc with those who choose to follow their teams away, especially when it comes to booking holidays and hotels.

I think we all know from experience what the answer to that one will be :sad:

I think we all know from experience what the answer to that one will be :sad:

But it shouldn't be, northern clubs doing southern tours and vica versa and fans booking holidays around them have been part of PL speedway for years. Surely there is a benefit for tracks to actually think of getting some travelling fans along, or maybe I hanker after a bygone age.

• Like 1

But it shouldn't be, northern clubs doing southern tours and vica versa and fans booking holidays around them have been part of PL speedway for years. Surely there is a benefit for tracks to actually think of getting some travelling fans along, or maybe I hanker after a bygone age.

An unrealistic desire though, Screm. Most fixture alterations are necessitated as a result of weather conditions and there is no escaping the fact that speedway meetings are at a higher risk of postponement due to the weather than many other sports. I am sure that everyone involved in the sport (organisers, promoters, riders and spectators) would prefer a scenario where fixtures were 90%+ set in stone.

An unrealistic desire though, Screm. Most fixture alterations are necessitated as a result of weather conditions and there is no escaping the fact that speedway meetings are at a higher risk of postponement due to the weather than many other sports. I am sure that everyone involved in the sport (organisers, promoters, riders and spectators) would prefer a scenario where fixtures were 90%+ set in stone.

I take your point, obviously rain offs mean fixture changes but at least the original fixture wouldn't have been moved.

Yes try Football. First Premiership match Aug 8, fixtures published 17 June. That is less than two months.

There are other complications you've overlooked:

I) two tracks have changed race day

II) Polish League One fixtures are still to be announced (they only decided on the composition of the league last week - at least the PL lineup has been known for two months)

III) There is Euro16 footy and the olympics, which clubs will want to work round.

Question when were the fixtures for July 1964 released?

Unless they are being televised then league football games are all pretty much played on a Saturday afternoon at 3pm so there is no comparison, fans know that if they wish to attend they need to keep weekends free.

Two teams changing race night shouldn't slow things down, teams should hand the dates they wish to race home meetings on to the BSPA and one person should compile the fixture list then hand it back to the clubs.

It shouldn't matter to us what is happening in Poland, this is British Speedway, if riders are going to miss lots of PL meetings to race in Poland then teams shouldn't be signing them really.