British Speedway Forum
iris123

Sister + Brother Ride Speedway

Danish rider Ernst Bogh's daughter also rode for a bit.............

There are a few women coming through the ranks in the USA (Courtney Crone, Sara Cords and Hayley Perrault spring to mind)

And Carly Gittus took part in the Rob Woffinden classic at the weekend.............

Good to see the women giving it a go............

RP

Carley Gittus started in the junior solos at Bibra Lake (track closed in 2003) and has been a regular at Pinjar Park ever since. This year another lady rider Jessica Boujos (wife of Tim Boujos) started riding after making her name in road racing. Several female riders in the junior ranks here too.

Don't have time to give that much of a summary today,but the basics are talking about the rivalry between her and her brother and how he always wins,but she is getting closer and closer.Her mum thinks it is dangerous,but still comes to support them.She has a trainer,Rene Woytazcek who is an ex East German rider who I think still turns out in one or two oldie meetings,but often her dad stands in and trains them.From memeory Rene took them round the track at teterow before the meeting giving them tips,such as part of the track was in the shade and wouldn't dry out so be careful of different conditions and to keep the helmet right down as coming out of one bend they will be riding into the sun and could be riding blind for a second or two.And she enjoys cleaning up her equipment !!!!

All come over really well and a good advert for the sport I think

• Like 4

Finn Jensen's sister had a match race with Pauline Bastable at Birmingham in about 1976

Video(hopefully people can see it)of Celina Liebmann,daughter of former Ice Speedway rider Jürgen Liebmann winning the final of a meeting in Cloppenburg today.In red coming from 3rd to 1st

https://www.facebook.com/576001299119247/videos/vb.576001299119247/1118841328168572/?type=2&theater

Video(hopefully people can see it)of Celina Liebmann,daughter of former Ice Speedway rider Jürgen Liebmann winning the final of a meeting in Cloppenburg today.In red coming from 3rd to 1st

https://www.facebook.com/576001299119247/videos/vb.576001299119247/1118841328168572/?type=2&theater

On saturday,Celina became the first female to win a German national title at any level.She won the 250cc title at Teterow :t:

http://www.speedway.org/dm-praedikate/2016/races/index.html

Chayenne and Marvin were also riding,but didn't fare so well,but in the 50cc group another brother + sister came 1st and 2nd.Bruno and Frieda Thomas.And another pair were also riding.Sebastian and Jessica Adorjan

Edited by iris123
  • Like 3

Hopefully next season my son and daughter will be riding in the British youth 125 championship. My son has done a couple of seasons but it will be my daughter's first try

Edited by alkadera
  • Like 2

Saw some film recently about women in Norfolk. The film is held by the East Anglian Film Archive.

One sequence showed Evie Aster riding in Speedway matches and winning in the 1920's & 30's at a track in Norfolk.

She had to stop riding as the then authorities decided only men could ride in Speedway.

Hopefully next season my son and daughter will be riding in the British youth 125 championship. My son has done a couple of seasons but it will be my daughter's first try

Hope it all goes well Jonas

• Like 1

Hope it all goes well Jonas

Haha not heard that in a few years mungo! Cheers for the good wishes. Hopefully we can get in lies of practice over the winter