British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Main Man

Nicki P In For Chris Harris Testimonial ,,,sun March 20th

TREBLE World Champion Nicki Pedersen is the first rider to be confirmed for Chris Harris’s Testimonial meeting at Brandon on Sunday March 20.
The Danish superstar has not raced regularly in the UK since 2011 when he lined up in the Elite League for Peterborough.
But he remains one of the biggest draw-cards in speedway with 16 Grand Prix wins to his name, overall podium finishes in three of the last four years, and a no-holds-barred approach to racing which undoubtedly boosts attendance figures wherever he appears.
The 38-year-old made his Elite League debut with Wolverhampton back in 1999, and secured the sport’s top honour in 2003, 2007 and 2008.
Harris is celebrating over a decade of service to the Buildbase Bees, and to British Speedway in general with his benefit meeting, which is expected to attract a bumper attendance to Brandon.
The Coventry skipper is working on putting together the line-up for what promises to be a packed afternoon of racing with the main event being an Individual meeting featuring 16 riders and based on the ‘old’ Grand Prix format - with the regular 20 heats followed by D, C, B and A Finals.
Harris said: “Nicki is one of the real characters of the sport and the fans in this country don’t get the chance to see him race here too often, so it’s great to have him for my meeting.
“I’m sure he’ll be determined to come and put on a good show, and my thanks to him for taking the booking. It’s an excellent start to the line-up.
“We want to make it an enjoyable day for everyone and I know the fans want to watch speedway, so the plan is to give them plenty of racing and I hope they’ll be pleased with what we come up with.”
Gates open at midday on Sunday March 20, with the first race at 2pm. Further names for the meeting will be announced soon.

• Like 1

Can anybody tell me if the horrible diversions are still in place at Coventry end of A14 ? Declared not to go to Brandon again till they were all done.

Coming from Cambridge makes the journey home a nightmare.

Can anybody tell me if the horrible diversions are still in place at Coventry end of A14 ? Declared not to go to Brandon again till they were all done.

Coming from Cambridge makes the journey home a nightmare.

No, it's pretty straightforward now to get from the M6 onto the A14 and vice versa.

• Like 1

No, it's pretty straightforward now to get from the M6 onto the A14 and vice versa.

Thank for this, my problem has been getting on A14 on way home and immediately being diverted through god knows where.