British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PolskiZuzel

The 2016 Speedway Best Pairs Cup

The 2016 Speedway Best Pairs Cup will no longer future national teams. Instead Denmark, Sweden and Poland there will be teams representing companies like Monster, Red Bull, Boll, Fogo, Nice. The three event series will continue to be covered by TV, but hopes for creating official world Pairs Championship have been dashed. The SBPC promotors, OneSport, says that the new formula has been forced upon them by the FIM.

The 2016 Speedway Best Pairs Cup will no longer future national teams. Instead Denmark, Sweden and Poland there will be teams representing companies like Monster, Red Bull, Boll, Fogo, Nice. The three event series will continue to be covered by TV, but hopes for creating official world Pairs Championship have been dashed. The SBPC promotors, OneSport, says that the new formula has been forced upon them by the FIM.

Finally the FIM have taken action over one sport passing this off as the official world pairs when it never was and they haven't the rights to. It is now representative of the invitational it really is.

I can't see British Eurosport being to keen on screening this.

with the current heat scoring system the pairs is a boring format. How a team get more reward for not winning a race defeats me.

Edited by marky

with the current heat scoring system the pairs is a boring format. How a team get more reward for not winning a race defeats me.

:rofl:

I thought it might.It is a 'pairs' meeting and the idea is the best 'pair' win

• Like 2

:rofl:

I thought it might.It is a 'pairs' meeting and the idea is the best 'pair' win

TO be the best you should have to win not be happy with 2nd & 3rd place..

TO be the best you should have to win not be happy with 2nd & 3rd place..

Riding as a pair, to be in second and third place you have won ,as one rider from the other pair has finished last...

• Like 2

Riding as a pair, to be in second and third place you have won ,as one rider from the other pair has finished last...

Format for boring racing.

Format for boring racing.

Why? I want the pairs to be racing as pairs, the pair who do always win the meeting

Shame .......

• Like 1

Why? I want the pairs to be racing as pairs, the pair who do always win the meeting

Totally agree with you and Iris, Trees. Always enjoyed Pairs meetings and riders who look for their partner in Pairs and Team meetings always receive my seal of approval.

Whilst I would prefer a national team based World Pairs event, maybe the advent of this new Pairs format will help attract new sponsors into the sport and bring it in line with other forms of team motor sports. Maybe...

• Like 1

"May" be good for the riders but dunno for the fans, we'll see what the future holds .....

Shame .......

Why - because there is no effort to overtake the leader if sat 2nd and 3rd from the gate. All the needs to be done is to block the rider in 4th. The race can be over before bend 2. Boring.

Sport is about winning but under the rules 2nd / 3rd will do. I find it boring, you don't, we move on.

Why - because there is no effort to overtake the leader if sat 2nd and 3rd from the gate. All the needs to be done is to block the rider in 4th. The race can be over before bend 2. Boring.

Sport is about winning but under the rules 2nd / 3rd will do. I find it boring, you don't, we move on.

But first and third is better than second and third so they don't necessarily have to stay where they are, also the guy in last place will be giving his all to be placed?
  • Like 2

But first and third is better than second and third so they don't necessarily have to stay where they are, also the guy in last place will be giving his all to be placed?

No, they can stay 2nd and 3rd without making any effort to overtake to 'win' a heat advantage

The case is not "to 'win' a heat advantage". The case is to collect maximum points in whole meeting!

If it is boring to you, you should change sport you are interested in...

Edited by Mama
  • Like 1

No, they can stay 2nd and 3rd without making any effort to overtake to 'win' a heat advantage

Yes but don't get as many points that way! OK they could settle for that but not necessarily ....