British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PolskiZuzel

The 2016 Speedway Best Pairs Cup

1. O.S. where forced by FIM so they didn't have much choice other ten going sponsor teams.

2. MotoGP also have sponsor named teams. Does that make MotoGP a nonsense competition? Of course not.

Speedway will go down that route sooner or later anyway when it comes to championship series (world/euro and etc)..

However I agree that the teams should be "fixed" with the same riders named for the entire season.

You'd've thought that the main riders will remain the same?

I realy can't understad these people who think this competiton is pointless. Are all individual open meetings for example also pointless? Enjoy your speedway.....

• Like 4

Like Dutchie,watch it if you want,watch something else if you don't want.....I think even in a world pairs championship the pairs could change from meeting to meeting.Main thing I the action is good.But it does seem there is a t of a problem that the sponsors didn't know that instead of 70 countries showing the meetings it seems only 7 are!!!

http://www.speedweek.com/speedwaybp/news/89755/Speedway-auf-Eurosport-Das-Luftschloss-von-One-Sport.html

• Like 2

It has to be borne in mind that the deal to televise One Sport's speedway events was specifically with Polish Eurosport, with the other national versions presumably having the option to take the coverage if they wish. Clearly many weren't impressed with what they were provided with or their viewing figures.

As for the change to the BP format I do wonder if, as suggested, the FIM have forced the change they were concerned at it being passed-off as a revival of the World Pairs.

Yes, Moto GP has racing teams based on sponsors, but it doesn't have international teams, or league racing or World Cups. Anyway, it's a completely different sport.

Of course it's up to the individual how seriously they take any sporting event. I'll be watching on the basis I love speedway and if I lived in a country starved of any speedway, let alone international events I'd be heading for the track. Overall, I'd rather be watching a good league match. Luckily I live in a country where that's not a problem, even if its senior league is in deep trouble.

• Like 3

Are all individual open meetings for example also pointless?

Quite often, yes. In the 'good old days' some used to be quite prestigious with top-flight line-ups and therefore worth travelling to see, but I'd think rarely the case nowadays.

If you're somewhere where limited meetings are staged, or where elite riders rarely ride, then I can see open meetings being of interest. I've even been to 2 or 3 Gouden Helms whilst living in the Netherlands, but I feel meetings ultimately need context if they're not to be more than an occasional novelty.

I realy can't understad these people who think this competiton is pointless. Are all individual open meetings for example also pointless? Enjoy your speedway.....

IMO many of those who complain see it (or both SBPC and SEC) as a "threat" to the British league model with meetings on every day of the week and thus also a direct threat to British speedway.

• Like 2

IMO many of those who complain see it (or both SBPC and SEC) as a "threat" to the British league model with meetings on every day of the week and thus also a direct threat to British speedway.

It's not just that, as after all British speedway doesn't have to participate in these events, and can't afford the 'top boys' anyway. I think allowing private promoters with little or no connection to the sport to run officially sanctioned made-up corporate teams is ultimately not good for the established competition structure in any of the countries where the sport is substantially professional.

It's irrelevant whether F1 and MotoGP runs corporate teams - they're different sports with entirely different structures.

Surely not, British Speedway is all about your home team, who represents your team and history, these are just new individual meetings for international riders.

My spies tell me that Eurosport are pulling out all the stops for this opening round and messrs Rowe and Ermolenko will be commentating live from the track

'Pulling out all the stops' ??

Just stopping Ermolenko from commentating AT ALL.

THAT would show true commitment to the production.

How does this guy keep getting work?

• Like 5

'Pulling out all the stops' ??

Just stopping Ermolenko from commentating AT ALL.

THAT would show true commitment to the production.

How does this guy keep getting work?

Because they needed someone available quickly....

And when they asked him "when can you start?"...

He replied " Straightawayyyyyy"!....

Buddum Tish..

I'll get me coat....

• Like 3

Has anyone got a link to a programme I could print off please??

here not a programme as such but all the heats http://sportowefakty.wp.pl/zuzel/wydarzenie/62194 heat 22 is 2nd and 3rd best pairs battling it out for a place in the final.

scoring throughout is 3,2,1,0 and in heats 22 and 23 it`s the team with "the bonus" that wins ie 2nd and 3rd beats 1st and last

The best option would be here http://www.kandysoft.com/ Dave Gambrill will have done one for this meeting which you could purchase for a small amount.

Edited by racers and royals