British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PolskiZuzel

The 2016 Speedway Best Pairs Cup

Yeh i did watch it, wasn't bad. But thats what you get from a Polish club that has all the right equipment..

What are you trying to say?

EVERYONE except Dave Rowe and Sam Ermolenko who didn't pick upon it.

MANY apologies for that. Actually saw the very end of the pit scene but from my own view it wasn't 100 per cent clear that it was the end of a disagreement, in which case it wasn't right to talk about possible discontent.

Sadly with a TV screen not ideally positioned and several other things to monitor at the same time, it's impossible to get every detail.

General consensus afterwards was that NKI should have ridden - and I stated I would have done that - but essentially the decision was justified until Vaculik's engine failure.

Hope everyone enjoyed the meeting. The semi was as good a Pairs race as you'll get.

• Like 3

Can anyone tell us who won this meeting?

Chris Holder and Greg Hancock.

• Like 1

What are you trying to say?

Trying to say he is a bit dim.Tells us it is going to be a crap meeting and when it isn't tells us of course it wasn't because they had good equipment.Well if he was so clever he would have known that before the meeting.......just another one who can't admit they got it wrong

• Like 2

Trying to say he is a bit dim.Tells us it is going to be a crap meeting and when it isn't tells us of course it wasn't because they had good equipment.Well if he was so clever he would have known that before the meeting.......just another one who can't admit they got it wrong

Do you know what, ive stopped replying because of the stupid comments like the above. I know how well Poland prepare there tracks, Stevebrum knows what i mean i feel seriously sorry for others who clearly don't.

It was a decent meeting but a p*** poor crowd, despite the "wonderful" marketing and promotion!, and commentary that was a cross between waffle and gibberish. And the post-meeting celebrations - over the top or what?

I saw 7,500 mentioned.Not bad for a crap nothing meeting.Maybe some GPs won't even get that?

• Like 1

Do you know what, ive stopped replying because of the stupid comments like the above. I know how well Poland prepare there tracks, Stevebrum knows what i mean i feel seriously sorry for others who clearly don't.

But you're the one who introduced the stupid comments to the thread in the first place, don't you remember, "borefeast" is what you decided it would be.

It wasn't though was it, it was a decent meeting, so you were completely wrong in your prediction.

If your vast track prep knowledge is so great how come you didn't predict a good meeting, I mean them Poles sure know how to prepare a track, you must have known it would produce good racing.

Anyway, at least you were man enough to admit you were wrong in your prediction, oh no wait...........

Whopper!

But you're the one who introduced the stupid comments to the thread in the first place, don't you remember, "borefeast" is what you decided it would be.

It wasn't though was it, it was a decent meeting, so you were completely wrong in your prediction.

If your vast track prep knowledge is so great how come you didn't predict a good meeting, I mean them Poles sure know how to prepare a track, you must have known it would produce good racing.

Anyway, at least you were man enough to admit you were wrong in your prediction, oh no wait...........

Whopper!

I didn't see this meeting since I was occupied with other things but I agree with you and Motoarena Torun almost always offers good racing.

I thought it was very boring to watch, because it was totally meaningless. No nation or club teams/pairs to get behind and support. I could not care less if Monster, Nice or City Team wins this series. I don't even know for which teams most of the riders turned out last night. Who cares?

I see it as a well paid practise session for the riders before the SGP and Polish Ekstraleague gets under way.

Edited by Bavarian

I didn't see this meeting since I was occupied with other things but I agree with you and Motoarena Torun almost always offers good racing.

It was good just to have some speedway to watch, the bonus was that it was quite a decent meeting, a good appetiser for the season ahead.

It was Starman who rightly pointed out the quality of the track prep but that was after he had predicted it would be a rubbish meeting.

I thought it was very boring to watch, because it was totally meaningless. No nation or club teams/pairs to get behind and support. I could not care less if Monster, Nice or City Team wins this series. I don't even know for which teams most of the riders turned out last night. Who cares?

I see it as a well paid practise session for the riders before the SGP and Polish Ekstraleague gets under way.

Maybe it's down to expectations, there were some top riders on show and they all seemed to be having a good go. As for the teams, well it did seem strange but it's something we will get used to if it continues, who know's it may produce new rivalries between certain riders.

Thought it was terrible, watched the Ice Skating afterwards it was much more entertaining. Don`t think any comments from Dave Rowe were necessary it was obvious to EVERYBODY Iverson was annoyed because his manager had only arranged a cold snack afterwards instead of his customary hot meal.

I started watching from the beginning but as soon as it became clear that the traditional Pairs scoring (4.3.2.0) wasn't being used except for the run-off and final, I became even less interested in watching the whole thing.

For me Pairs racing uses a different set of riding skills due to the Pairs scoring - and this wasn't it!!