British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sidney the robin

Next Generation Of Aussie Stars? Gillmore,lidsey, Adams (jnr).

Are these three lads destined to be the next stars to come through the Aussie ranks? i have followed Lidsey's career he has impressed me i have also heard Gillmore is a real racer.I don't know a lot about Declan and what a pressure he has to follow in his brilliant dad's footsteps a big ask.I wondered what other people's opinions were are are they destined for the UK in the not to distant future.

Edited by Sidney the robin

Gilmore already has a world title (250cc), Lidsey looks good to me; I'm less convinced about Declyn Adams, but it's early days.

Also add Jack Norman and Brody Eves to the list.

Australian U16 and U21 Championships being held at Gillman next weekend with the Junior U16 125's at Sidewinder's on the Friday (U16 Best Pairs and Sidecar Titles also being held).

(Along with Scott Norman's son, Jack, you will find Nigel Sadler's son, Jack, and Shane Bowes sons, Fraser & Patrick in the line up for the 125's.)

Lidsey appears in the U21's, whereas Eves and Gilmore are in the U16's - Matt having just had his first run out on a 500cc at Mildura.

Entry Lists as follows:

Australian Under 21 Solo Championship:

Jake Allen (Qld), Dakota Ballantyne (SA), Jack Fallon (Vic), Max Fricke (Vic), Cameron Heeps (WA), Jack Holder (NSW), Zaine Kennedy (Qld), Tyler King (NSW), Brady Kurtz (NSW), Jaimon Lidsey (Vic), Joshua MacDonald (NSW), Jake Mitchell (SA), Cooper Riordan (Vic), Blake Russell (WA), Tyson Snow (Qld), Jordan Stewart (Vic). Reserves: Karl Lawler (NSW), Jack Morrison (Vic), Seth Hickey (SA), James Dimmock (ACT), Luke Bacskai (SA)

Australian Under 16 250cc Solo Championship :

Aden Clare (NSW), Mitchell Cluff (NSW), Brody Eves (Qld), Matthew Gilmore (NSW), Brad Gordon (WA), Mitchell Grech (SA), Oliver Hamilton (Vic), Jacob Hook (Qld), Isaac Hawes (NSW), Declan Kennedy (Qld), Declan Knowles (WA), Jedd List (Qld), Matthew Marson (WA), Brayden McGuiness (SA), Cordell Rogerson (Qld), Kobee Ziedas (WA).

Rider Draw for the U16 125cc Qualifier Meeting (21st January):

1. Patrick Hamilton; 2. Bailey Viner; 3 Jye Johnson; 4 Layne Riorden; 5 Broc Hall; 6 Mitchell Grech; 7 Cordell Rogerson; 8 Liam May; 9 Troy Kutcher; 10 Jacob Hook; 11. Connor Bailey; 12. Maurice Brown; 13. Fraser Bowes; 14. Jack Sadler; 15. Hugh Evans; 16. Patrick Bowes; 17. 1st Res Nicholas Possingham; 18. 2nd Res Angus Vandenberg; 19. 3rd Res Teagan Pedler; 20. 4th Res Joshua Beetham.

Rider Draw for U16 Junior Individual Championship:

1. Keynan Rew; 2. Declan Killeen; 3. Q7; 4 Q1; 5 Brayden McGuinness; 6 Jedd List; 7 Q4; 8 Q2; 9 Matthew Gilmore; 10 Q8; 11 Brad Gordon; 12 Q5; 13 Tom Dixon; 14 Q3; 15 Jack Norman; 16 Q6; Ist Reserve = Q9; 2nd Reserve = Q10

I did see Keynan Rew this year in Denmark.Looked pretty good to finish behind some top Danes.Just 1 point behind ex 80cc world champ Mads Hansen.The same rider who won one of the 250cc world titles and just lost out to Gilmore in the other.Unfortunately I didn't stay for the second meeting in Skaerbaek to see Gilmore

Edited by iris123