British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Stats

Pinjar International Stadium

Can you donate a "Dollar" - or even a "Pound" - to help construct the new Pinjar International Stadium in Western Australia??

After the closure of the Bibra Lake Speedway in 2003 a dedicated band of volunteers built a 142 metre junior track in the northern Perth suburb of Neerabup.

The track was later licensed for senior riders and became the "Home" of Solo and Sidecar competition in Western Australia.

For the past six years the Pinjar Park Speedway has run the prestigious Rob Woffinden Classic, honouring the late Rob Woffinden, who was a prime mover in the building of the track.

His son - 2013 and 2015 World Speedway Champion Tai Woffinden - learned to ride at Pinjar Park - and actually won the 2012 Rob Woffinden Classic.

Now the hard working volunteers are spending many hours at a site behind the present circuit clearing an area to build the new 330 metre track, which will be the first in WA to have an air fence.

The volunteers have saved the Speedway Motor Cycle Club of WA many thousands of dollars already with this massive project.

The spectator mounds are almost finished and the track shape is clearly visible.

Hopefully the track will be ready for a practice run in April this year.

But now money is required to complete this world class facility.

Can you help ??

Any donation - large or small - will be gratefully received.

Please visit our Facebook page where you can donate via Go Fund Me.

https://www.facebook.com/Pinjar-Park-International-Speedway-Stadium-1673779349574506/?fref=ts

Also check out our web site, where fund raising options are available.

www.pinjarinternationalstadium.com.au

Thank you for your support. Together we can make it happen.

Many thanks to those who have contributed to this worthy cause. Glyn Taylor, former West Australian now living in the UK was the first to put his hand up and donate. In just a couple of days we have had a total of 12 people donate a total of $760. Many thanks and keep it coming. WE CAN DO THIS !!!!!

Can you donate a "Dollar" - or even a "Pound" - to help construct the new Pinjar International Stadium in Western Australia??

After the closure of the Bibra Lake Speedway in 2003 a dedicated band of volunteers built a 142 metre junior track in the northern Perth suburb of Neerabup.

The track was later licensed for senior riders and became the "Home" of Solo and Sidecar competition in Western Australia.

For the past six years the Pinjar Park Speedway has run the prestigious Rob Woffinden Classic, honouring the late Rob Woffinden, who was a prime mover in the building of the track.

His son - 2013 and 2015 World Speedway Champion Tai Woffinden - learned to ride at Pinjar Park - and actually won the 2012 Rob Woffinden Classic.

Now the hard working volunteers are spending many hours at a site behind the present circuit clearing an area to build the new 330 metre track, which will be the first in WA to have an air fence.

The volunteers have saved the Speedway Motor Cycle Club of WA many thousands of dollars already with this massive project.

The spectator mounds are almost finished and the track shape is clearly visible.

Hopefully the track will be ready for a practice run in April this year.

But now money is required to complete this world class facility.

Can you help ??

Any donation - large or small - will be gratefully received.

Please visit our Facebook page where you can donate via Go Fund Me.

https://www.facebook.com/Pinjar-Park-International-Speedway-Stadium-1673779349574506/?fref=ts

Also check out our web site, where fund raising options are available.

www.pinjarinternationalstadium.com.au

Thank you for your support. Together we can make it happen.

We are over the $2,000 mark with donations for the proposed new Pinjar International Stadium - many thanks to all who have contributed. To all you speedway fans out there - please help - even a pound of two will help secure the future of Solo and Sidecar racing in Western Australia. Our heritage goes back to 1927 when the Claremont Speedway opened - promoted by the legendary John S. Hoskins and with future superstars of the sport in Ron Johnson and Sig Schlam. Can you please help our cause......

I note that on the Stadium Document Plan that your Club Historian, Ken Brown, has stated that: "Overall Australians have won the World Championships on 9 separate occasions, the latest being Tai Woffinden (spelt 'Woffiden') in 2013".

Good luck with the project (I remember Billy Sanders winning the Australian Title twice at the old Claremont Speedway, the second time in 1982 which, I believe, was the last time the National title was held in WA) and hopefully the new arena will attract bigger attendances than those depicted images on the SDP and your Facebook pages.

Agree with Gee Jays comment on the Locked thread . If any British speedway fans have spare cash .I'm sure theres more than enough beleaguered Promotions In the UK that would be glad of a donation,

• Like 1

More specifically perhaps donate any spare cash to the development of a new stadium for Coventry.......probably Swindon too. :wink: Personally any spare money I have always goes to abused dogs and I have never given any to Darcy Ward either, but each to their own.

Agree with Gee Jays comment on the Locked thread . If any British speedway fans have spare cash .I'm sure theres more than enough beleaguered Promotions In the UK that would be glad of a donation,

thanks speedibee, i don't know why it was locked. smacks more of censorship than being moderated to me.