British Speedway Forum
Bunce

Speedway On Tv 2016

I have a fairly basic Sky package + Knowledge which costs £39 (inc £10 for HD). I previously had Sky Sports, but was not bothered about the Elite League after a time with multiple guests, double pointers etc, so got rid of Sky Sports. Eurosport was included, so I had Sweden plus GP's. As the World Championship is my main interest, I rang BT Sport yesterday, explaining that I had no BT phone line, or broadband, and asked how much for BT Sport covering the GP's. I was told £24.99 monthly on top of anything else I was already paying!!

THE big battle between BT Sport and Sky is for your broadband business. That's where long term the battle will be won or lost.

Very true Philip, that's why BT are running so many promotions and deals at the moment. You only have to look in any magazine or on your TV screen to see the efforts (and expense) they are going to, to attract new customers. I've been a BT Broadband customer for some while, which is why I suspect I'm not getting such a good deal as some of you guys who have signed up recently. So if the GP's are going to be on BT Sport 2, then I'm going to have to pay even more to watch them!

I have a fairly basic Sky package + Knowledge which costs £39 (inc £10 for HD). I previously had Sky Sports, but was not bothered about the Elite League after a time with multiple guests, double pointers etc, so got rid of Sky Sports. Eurosport was included, so I had Sweden plus GP's. As the World Championship is my main interest, I rang BT Sport yesterday, explaining that I had no BT phone line, or broadband, and asked how much for BT Sport covering the GP's. I was told £24.99 monthly on top of anything else I was already paying!!

that's me out I won't be paying £24.99 that's for sure - I will watch online via Polish websites .

THE big battle between BT Sport and Sky is for your broadband business. That's where long term the battle will be won or lost.

Very true Philip, that's why BT are running so many promotions and deals at the moment. You only have to look in any magazine or on your TV screen to see the efforts (and expense) they are going to, to attract new customers. I've been a BT Broadband customer for some while, which is why I suspect I'm not getting such a good deal as some of you guys who have signed up recently. So if the GP's are going to be on BT Sport 2, then I'm going to have to pay even more to watch them!

Have you tried ringing them and saying you want to cancel and move to Sky for broadband and TV? should get a better offer then.

that's me out I won't be paying £24.99 that's for sure - I will watch online via Polish websites .

get yourself a VPN for around £50 (IP Vanish) a year and watch it from the SGP website

Sadly that sums up Eurosport....

They're fine with events that have continuous action and they can just stick on for hours to fill time like winter sports, tennis and cycling but anything that takes a little more production is sadly beyond them. It's ironic considering it started out as the sports service of Eurovision. (There's more to the European federation of broadcasters than a song contest).

All they had to do was monitor Premier Sports coverage before muscling in. Bear in mind that they were taking an international feed from CMore so obviously all the Swedish language presentation and interviews were lost to them and could only be filled by the endless 'locked-off' wide shots that should have been covered by ES' own presentation, ideally from a studio.

Poor research, as shown by the choice of Jack Burnicle as initial commentator, clearly originating with "Oh, he does bikes, he'll do". I do hope BT don't fall into a similar trap re commentary.

No, that's not a job application. Quite happy to leaver all that and all the baggage that comes with it to others now.

There are add-ons to Kodi that allow the user to stream individual sports events and sports tv channels, just as you can using a normal web browser. It's not exactly an easy matter unless you're well-versed in the use of Kodi. There's plenty of help articles and You Tube videos out there.

Obviously this is as much of a 'grey' area as using websites.

Please bear in mind that although it uses Kodi the Speedway Portal is not part of this - it does not give links to live streaming. I'm sure Andy would prefer there to be no confusion over that since such a misunderstanding would compromise his good work.

Kodi is a very wide-ranging media player and of course can be adapted to all kinds of uses.

It does take a fair bit of work to understand it though.

Thanks for that, do you know the name of the Polish tv channel that actually broadcasts the meetings, think I would be better off looking for that rather than try and set up sopcast on it

Thanks for that, do you know the name of the Polish tv channel that actually broadcasts the meetings, think I would be better off looking for that rather than try and set up sopcast on it

If I understand the question right- canal+sport show the GP`s,N sport show the extraleague, TVP sport show Nice Polska league(div 1 ) and occasionally Polsat sport show something.

• Like 1

get yourself a VPN for around £50 (IP Vanish) a year and watch it from the SGP website

Zenmate is free.

If I understand the question right- canal+sport show the GP`s,N sport show the extraleague, TVP sport show Nice Polska league(div 1 ) and occasionally Polsat sport show something.

I bet they get Poles complaining about having to pay out for extra subscriptions........

Zenmate is free.

I bet they get Poles complaining about having to pay out for extra subscriptions........

Also wonder if in Poland Orange sport will get the contract for the Swedish league if Eurosport exit-Orange sport previously held the contract.

Just a thought. I am a EE mobile phone user, as BT has just bought out EE, any chance that I could now get BT sports?

Why can you not get BT Sport 2?

I just switched to BT and get all the sport channels included.

You do, but you won't get the Champions league, unless you pay for it..

Also wonder if in Poland Orange sport will get the contract for the Swedish league if Eurosport exit-Orange sport previously held the contract.

Likewise might Premier Sports be interested in resuming their taking of the feed in the UK and Ireland?

I have sky TV and until recently had sky broadband. BT sport HD was going to cost me £25 a month extra.

However I have cancelled my sky broadband due to this http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/broadband/2016/01/new-chance-to-haggle-a-better-sky-deal-after-ofcom-steps-in-over-price-hikes

I changed broadband to Plusnet & so come April I can add BT Sport HD on my Sky TV for only £12.50 a month, on a 30 day rolling contract.

https://www.plus.net/tv/btsport/

Plusnet broadband is free for 12 months, line rental is cheaper than sky & better still they are offering cash back which has paid for my 7 months BT sport subscription.

Edited by Noodles
  • Like 1

Speedway on TV? That's just a pipe dream!

Well it is for me anyway, no chance am I subscribing to either Sky or BT ever again seeing as speedway is the only sport I'd watch. Just can't be justified for me

• Like 2