British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Beat The Bookie Gp Prize Competition 2016

Advance notice that we are back for a 4th year, and thanks to the generosity of 2014 winner Hilly and last season Maverick 88 the BEN fund and Darcy Ward fund respectively have had the winners prize donated to them.

After a profitable trading year, I have decided to be ultra generous and give everyone some more money to play with-so it`s now £400 to start with.

RULES

Each contestant MUST place bets in all 11 rounds-in the event of having no money left they are out of the competition
Each player starts with £400. MAXIMUM BET PER GP IS £200.minimum bet per GP is £20(or total balance if less than £20) minimum bet per rider is £10.
If a rider is injured before a round starts then the bet is voided on that rider, or bets can be amended upto the meeting start time.
If a rider starts a meeting but is injured and cannot continue THE BET STANDS but any points scored by the reserves count towards the injured riders score. If any rider is excluded for a starting offence the reserve points scored do not get added.
To ensure fair play bets for the final round may be required to be PM`d to me instead of normal posting.

If a meeting is called off at heat 16 then the spread will be adjusted to 4/5th`s of the original. If a meeting is called off at or after 20 heats the spreads stand.

HOW TO PLAY
One must bet on a rider to score MORE OR LESS than the spread-the HIGHER figure is taken for MORE bets and the LOWER for LESS bets-the mid between the two is what I expect them to score-and they add up to 138 which is the total points available in a GP

EXAMPLE

These might be 3 of the spreads for the 1st GP of the season

Woffinden 12 - 14

Harris 3 - 5

Zmarlik 5 - 7

Player 1 might think Woffy will score more than 14 in Slovenia so bets £100 MORE. If Woffinden scored 16 he would win (16-14=2) X £100 which is £200. If he scored 10 he would LOSE (14-10=4) X £100 which is £400 and he would be out of the competition.

Player 2 might think Bomber will score more than 5 and bets £200 MORE Harris scored 7 so wins (7-5=2) X £200 which is £400. If he scored 3 he would LOSE (5-3=2) X £200 which is £400 and he would be out of the competition.

Player 3 might think Zmarlik will find it hard away from Gorzow and bet £200 LESS than 5. if he scored 3 he would win (5-3=2) X £200 which is £400. however if Bartosz had a stormer and scored 10 he would LOSE (10-5=5) x £200 which is £1000 and he would be out of the competition.

I might be a bit stupid-but not completely bonkers so I will be waiting until early April to ascertain the 2016 form(especially Hampel)

before posting the spreads for the 1st round in Slovenia on Saturday 30th April.

• Like 2

Im in again fed up of leading most of the time and bombing out in the last round haha

I can`t wait any longer-I need to get some money in the satchel !!! LET BATTLE COMMENCE

Anyone entering who hasn`t played before please read the rules thoroughly

Spreads for round 1 in Krsko Slovenia on Saturday April 30th start time 6pm UK TIME

Woffinden 12 - 14

Hancock 12- 14

Pedersen 11 - 13

NKI 10 - 12

Zagar 9 - 11

Doyle 9 - 11

Holder 9 - 11

Kildemand 9- 11

Zmarlik 8 - 10

Janowski 7 - 9

Lindback 7 - 9

Jonsson 6 - 8

Lindgren 5 - 7

Pawlicki 4 - 6

Harris 3 - 5

Stojs 1 - 3

Edited by racers and royals

Hancock 30 over 12-14

Lindback 30 under 7-9

Zmarzlik 20 under 8-10

Hope I've done it right..

Edited by PTW

Having missed the first round last year and unable to play I'm Back

Hancock 12- 14 - Under 15

Zagar 9 - 11 - Over 10

Jonsson 6 - 8 Over 15

Doyle 10 more

NKI 20 more

Edited by A ORLOV

Jonsson £100 more please.

Kildemand £100 less.

Changed my mind so edited on Friday afternoon. :)

Edited by June01