British Speedway Forum

I am all for that deal :party::party:

So start cheering so WSL then! :lol::party:

So start cheering so WSL then! :lol::party:

If I have nothing planned then I might drive over to Wolfslake,but I bloody well ain't going to any middle eastern country to watch it.I'll leave that to nutcases like Jesper :rofl:

• Like 1

If I have nothing planned then I might drive over to Wolfslake,but I bloody well ain't going to any middle eastern country to watch it.I'll leave that to nutcases like Jesper :rofl:

Hahaha just landed in Kazakhstan for the icespeedway, another nice country :P

See you in Wolfslake :)

• Like 1

From WSL homepage.

The Fédération Internationale de Motocyclisme (FIM) and Team Player Management Co Ltd (TPM) recently signed an agreement to be able to sign a 10-year deal so that TPM will become the Promotor of the FIM World Speedway League. The competitions will be held in the years 2016-2025 as one final event per year.

The FIM World Speedway League is a competition for elite Speedway Club Teams. To qualify the team must be the reigning national champions of their respective Speedway Leagues in the four eligible countries.

• Like 1

From WSL homepage.

The Fédération Internationale de Motocyclisme (FIM) and Team Player Management Co Ltd (TPM) recently signed an agreement to be able to sign a 10-year deal so that TPM will become the Promotor of the FIM World Speedway League. The competitions will be held in the years 2016-2025 as one final event per year.

The FIM World Speedway League is a competition for elite Speedway Club Teams. To qualify the team must be the reigning national champions of their respective Speedway Leagues in the four eligible countries.

That is unless the champs decide they don't want to be in,so they ask another team :P

You can't force a team to be in I guess.Just like you can't force a rider to be in the GPs.....

Don't think they want it to be any more than a 1 meeting final,just that they might open it up to maybe Germany and Czecho and then have a quali meeting...

Any trip going from Belle Vue?

Nothing official, but few of us going.

That is unless the champs decide they don't want to be in,so they ask another team :P

You can't force a team to be in I guess.Just like you can't force a rider to be in the GPs.....

Don't think they want it to be any more than a 1 meeting final,just that they might open it up to maybe Germany and Czecho and then have a quali meeting...

Story in last weeks Spar, Poole were asked multiple times to take part in this years WSL.

Story in last weeks Spar, Poole were asked multiple times to take part in this years WSL.

If it can't be engineered for Poole to in the thing, then they won't want to play. Simples.

It's all well and good them being a big fish in a little pond, calling the shots and twisting the BSPA round their fingers, but in the WSL they will be up against much bigger fish than them and they obviously don't like it up them, Mr Mainwaring...

2 years in a row Coventry wasn't asked. Got to the final in 2014 then finished 2nd in the League last year.....

2 years in a row Coventry wasn't asked. Got to the final in 2014 then finished 2nd in the League last year.....

Why should have they been? Only mandatory to ask the champion, after that just who ever seems suitable.

My previous post was about this new promoter sayin daft things in public regarding Poole's inclusion... Depends who you believe though as well...

What's the point of travelling abroad to an event with little chance of competing equally if you are missing members of your regular team (Hans on this occasion) and cannot replace them with one of your own assets?

Its strange that very few raise an eyebrow at KL wanting to strengthen their team against Wroclaw with first Doyle and then Nicholls - despite stating that they want to support the 'doing away with guests' in domestic meetings?!

• Like 1

Why should have they been? Only mandatory to ask the champion, after that just who ever seems suitable.

The whole thing seems a bit pointless. There was an opportunity here to stage some sort of embryonic European Super League over a few meetings, whether using a 4TT or Pairs format, that could have boosted the profile of league racing.

Instead we get a 'Champions League' that doesn't include champions and isn't actually a league, and a European Pairs series with made-up teams that no-one identifies with.

What's the point of travelling abroad to an event with little chance of competing equally if you are missing members of your regular team (Hans on this occasion) and cannot replace them with one of your own assets?

Its strange that very few raise an eyebrow at KL wanting to strengthen their team against Wroclaw with first Doyle and then Nicholls - despite stating that they want to support the 'doing away with guests' in domestic meetings?!

This is surely just an interesting, international challenge?? Nothing to do with our 'domestic' league ...