British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Periscope. A Promoters Nightmare App.

In a BSPA meeting?

SR 12.1.1 All Helmets must be used as manufactured. Only the appendicies provided by the Helmet manufacturer (ie. air-vents, scoops) are accepted. Other items, such as cameras, lights etc. not included in the original helmet design are not be permitted. With prior permission of the Meeting Referee cameras may be used if mounted on the motorcycle in a manner that will not cause injury.

• Like 1

The AMA Supercross is classed as an FIM event. On Saturday at Oakland numerous riders including ex-champ James Stewart were using helmet mounted cameras in the heats and finals. How come?

• Like 1

In a BSPA meeting?

YES.

The AMA Supercross is classed as an FIM event. On Saturday at Oakland numerous riders including ex-champ James Stewart were using helmet mounted cameras in the heats and finals. How come?

Certain approved helmet cameras are allowed - I think they're supposed to be an integral part of the helmet though.

It's absolutely lunacy to attach an external camera to a helmet though, whether allowed or not. It's not only potentially weakening the shell, but it creates an impact point.

• Like 2

So if the camera was handlebar mounted it would be ok......

I'm sure that someone will come up with the relevant rules and regulations which say what can and what can't be part of a speedway motorcycle's construction....No doubt it will come down to someone's interpretation that if the rules don't say that a camera should be part of the bike, then in the minimalist spirit of the construction regulations, then cameras shouldn't be allowed.

Yes every sports channel in the world.

Most of the sports channels on the kodi android aren't working now! Any ideas Steve? A box is obviously better but is it any good with WiFi?

I'm sure that someone will come up with the relevant rules and regulations which say what can and what can't be part of a speedway motorcycle's construction....No doubt it will come down to someone's interpretation that if the rules don't say that a camera should be part of the bike, then in the minimalist spirit of the construction regulations, then cameras shouldn't be allowed.

At the Northern SCB meeting, held before last season, it was said in answer to a question that a camera can be mounted on say the handlebars as long as it was seen to be safe. Meetings referee's decision. Already stated in the rules in a previous post by Alan Jones.

The easy way to police it is for someone on the management to check it during the meeting to see if anyone is streaming it, work out where they are in the crowd by the angle it's take and ask them politely to stop doing it.

Woffinden did it for a meeting he was presenting the trophy at and I watched it after he linked it on his Twitter account!

You just have to embrace it, maybe clubs could stream heat 15 off it to get people from outside to watch if they can get an audience!

In addition, the NFL and NBA you can by season passes to watch all the matches your want of a particular team! It's the franchise model that makes this work as the more people watch a particular team the more of the split they get from the price!

There is lots of ideas, if I had a choice of £200 for a season ticket to be there and £300 to watch every home and away fixture then it be intresting to see what people would pick!

The more people watching it on tele the more adverts can be part of the production and this is how the NFL makes its money! TV is the reason for success and money in the big sports, Speedway just don't make the most of it! The riders do with sponsors but the sport just show it and hope people watch!

Most of the sports channels on the kodi android aren't working now! Any ideas Steve? A box is obviously better but is it any good with WiFi?

Sadly I doubt you'll get your money back. These streams provided by Kodi add-ons are notoriously unreliable and prone to disappearing, with replacements popping up in due course. Sometimes developers lose interest or are caught by the copyright holders.

Are you able to update your box by changing the add-ons? If not, you've been truly 'had'.

All working fine on Woody. Loads of different providers for sport. Get more addons.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Sadly I doubt you'll get your money back. These streams provided by Kodi add-ons are notoriously unreliable and prone to disappearing, with replacements popping up in due course. Sometimes developers lose interest or are caught by the copyright holders.

Are you able to update your box by changing the add-ons? If not, you've been truly 'had'.

I don't have a box. I just downloaded the kodi app and did it that way. Actually there are so many add one and links its just a matter of finding the right one. Which I eventually have done. Come the season I expect they'll change.

Nz sidecar champs

Speedway is reaching the masses courtesy of Jase and his ThePits Media team. How cool is that!

Remember, if you can't make it trackside tomorrow, the event is being lived streamed. You can access the link via The Pits Media's website. http://www.thepits.racing.org.nz/livestream.html

Can't imagine this taking off unless a professional company was given the ok.

Individual fans could stream but on the basis of how hard it can be sometimes to find texters for the updates site for even the most well attended clubs, I don't think so.

I don't have a box. I just downloaded the kodi app and did it that way. Actually there are so many add one and links its just a matter of finding the right one. Which I eventually have done. Come the season I expect they'll change.

That's exactly the correct approach to take. It's all very volatile, but then the streamers are constantly having to dodge the copyright holders. Unfortunately many don't realise the questionable status of it all and end up wasting money on something they expect to be as reliable as legitimate boxes.