British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Periscope. A Promoters Nightmare App.

Certain approved helmet cameras are allowed - I think they're supposed to be an integral part of the helmet though.

It's absolutely lunacy to attach an external camera to a helmet though, whether allowed or not. It's not only potentially weakening the shell, but it creates an impact point.

you know what Humphrey you're right , drilling holes and putting self tap screws or worse still nut's and bolts or pop rivets in a helmet is madness , you would expect a company like Go Pro who sell millions of units , to have come up with a simple self adhesive mount , that has automatic release under excess stress . you should get in touch I bet they would welcome your Knowledgable Input and take it on board

you know what Humphrey you're right , drilling holes and putting self tap screws or worse still nut's and bolts or pop rivets in a helmet is madness , you would expect a company like Go Pro who sell millions of units , to have come up with a simple self adhesive mount , that has automatic release under excess stress . you should get in touch I bet they would welcome your Knowledgable Input and take it on board

Yes, and how often do they fall off said helmets onto the track?

Yes, and how often do they fall off said helmets onto the track?

I've never seen one .Have you ? I know self tap screws damage the helmets but they seem to be keeping to go pros in place !!

I've never seen one .Have you ?

I've picked up quite a few Go-Pros off the track. That admittedly was a while back though, so maybe they improved the fixings.

Surely they dont Just fall off ?, I thought the fixing was strong enough for them to create an impact point and cause the helmet to fail and cause injury to the rider ,not just fall off . well I suppose the dangerous bit is back to the old problem of the self tappers . rivets or nuts and bolts then . because something as flimsily held as they are according to your experience ,would'nt cause any damage in the event of an accident so it must be the mounting point thats dangerous , all the technology that goes into them and they still can't find a safe alternative to screws ,rivets and nuts and bolts , Typical .

That's exactly the correct approach to take. It's all very volatile, but then the streamers are constantly having to dodge the copyright holders. Unfortunately many don't realise the questionable status of it all and end up wasting money on something they expect to be as reliable as legitimate boxes.

Kodiland is a new add on which charges the user to watch "their" content, however they have borrowed all of the code from "ukturk" and "phoenix" addons!

At the weekend a few of the Add ons were targeted and have since vanished!

Kodiland is a new add on which charges the user to watch "their" content, however they have borrowed all of the code from "ukturk" and "phoenix" addons!

At the weekend a few of the Add ons were targeted and have since vanished!

where do you find the latest Add ons to get live tv . and access to sports and film channels

where do you find the latest Add ons to get live tv . and access to sports and film channels

There's loads of sources to get all that. I have only had the box a week but am now getting very confident with it.

Best starting place is youtube and there are several people on there with great tutorials. I recommend watching the tutorials by jasonmoore85, who posts new tutorials very regularly and it covers all you could ever want. Foolproof.

For sports I use zerm as allchannels seem to work, then there's Woody, which is insid Pheonix, and loads of others for 3 pm Sarurday kickoffs. For movies and box sets ther's hundreds of choices.

There's loads of sources to get all that. I have only had the box a week but am now getting very confident with it.

Best starting place is youtube and there are several people on there with great tutorials. I recommend watching the tutorials by jasonmoore85, who posts new tutorials very regularly and it covers all you could ever want. Foolproof.

For sports I use zerm as allchannels seem to work, then there's Woody, which is insid Pheonix, and loads of others for 3 pm Sarurday kickoffs. For movies and box sets ther's hundreds of choices.

cheers for that , ill have a look .

I'm finding a lot of the tutorial http links don't work. But I do have all the sports channels needed for speedway. HD too. Might get a box later for more stability.

I'm finding a lot of the tutorial http links don't work. But I do have all the sports channels needed for speedway. HD too. Might get a box later for more stability.

The very nature of things that sail close to the wind is that occasionally they will be blown over. The same goes in the Satellite TV Card Sharing world.

• Like 1

clubs need to think about creating a streaming site for their club , theres a lot of older generation that arent as mobile as they used to be that perhaps used to go every meeting but can only go now when health allows, surely a yearly contract for access to home meetings could be worth thinking about

• Like 1

clubs need to think about creating a streaming site for their club , theres a lot of older generation that arent as mobile as they used to be that perhaps used to

go every meeting but can only go now when health allows, surely a yearly contract for access to home meetings could be worth thinking about

A nice idea but as long as there is someone with the tv-rights to the entire league the clubs likely cannot have their own streams.

Non-league meetings is another case of course.

• Like 1

My mate streamed both Icespeedway GP finals in Almaty and Assen with his iPhone and Periscope... both events were followed with great interest. In Assen the FIM noticed him filming and came to him. No problems at all it seemed despite the filming rights bought by Dorna. They were very interested in it (quality, visitors, etc), and even asked if he was going to Inzell this weekend to do it again. I think Periscope (or the streaming in general) is a great thing for the sport :)

Nicki Pedersen his crew were also streaming his heats in Wittstock last weekend with Facebook. Great to interact with the fans.

• Like 1

A nice idea but as long as there is someone with the tv-rights to the entire league the clubs likely cannot have their own streams.

Non-league meetings is another case of course.

At the BSPA/Fans forum it was stated that the BSPA were looking into that aspect of the 'rights-contract' as they too are keen to take advantage (finally) of 'new' technology.

There is also considerable pressure from club sponsors to get this sorted.

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1