British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
speedybee1972

Bt Sports Grand Prix Presenters

BT have been offering the Speedway work out to their existing talent pool for the last few weeks and have offered screen tests for new presenters starting in the next week or so.

Darren Fletcher was keen to do some as already a huge Speedway fan and personal friend with Tai but has his BT sport football commitments as well as his BBC 5 live shows. It is unfortunate in 2016 its also the European football championships as would have been available for Cardiff at least I have a feeling that he will be involved in the World Cup at BV though

I am sure that they will also have a former/current rider too Scott Nicholls is probably the best bet or maybe Simon Stead but possibly has too many PL matches on Saturdays that will clash with GPs

Studio work will most likely go to someone like Craig Doyle , with Scott Nicholls & or Sam Ermolenko as pundits , don't expect that there will be a change in the commentators or pits interviewers

Would definitely like to have Scotty Nicholls and Sofie, very good presenters and interviewers

Studio work will most likely go to someone like Craig Doyle , with Scott Nicholls & or Sam Ermolenko as pundits , don't expect that there will be a change in the commentators or pits interviewers

Scott Nicholls is good on TV as is his wife but please not Sam Straightaway Ermolenko. He talks confused garbage most of the time and is bias towards certain riders.

• Like 7

Saw UEFA this week were moaning that peak audiences for footballs Champions League matches that they have sold exclusively to BT sport were only reaching 200,000 ,not giving sponsors the exposure they desired,and that they may have made a mistake selling simply to the highest bidder,Think this may be the case for speedway with less people watching the GP,SWC than ever on TV,although BSI probably had less options on TV rights than UEFA.

Edited by New Science

That cant be right as all my twitter feed last night was the PSG-Chelsea game!

Edit. The 200,000 was on BT Sport showcase, a free to air channel. Didnt even know that existed!

Edited by woz01

Scott Nicholls working on GPs for BTSport. he is good so I am happy with that.

• Like 1

Her tweet said she will be hosting a couple of events so my guess is Cardiff and the SWC. The other GPs could well depend on where she is in the world doing Moto GP.

Her tweet said she will be hosting a couple of events so my guess is Cardiff and the SWC. The other GPs could well depend on where she is in the world doing Moto GP.

5 (Prague, Malilla, Teterow, Stockholm & Melbourne) of the 11 SGP weekends clash with MotoGP weekends, so she will be limited to what she can cover - although the Australian MotoGP is at Philip Island on the same weekend as the closing SGP at the Etihad, so she may be able to multi-task that one...

What has to be borne in mind is that BT have studio review, highlights and analysis shows during the week. It could be hoped that speedway will get a look-in even as part of the Moto GP coverage. There have been cut-backs though and a lot of the studio shows trimmed sadly.

Congratulations to perkdon for posting that vitally important piece of nastiness about her. That kind of attitude will help the sport's relationship with BT superbly!