British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PolskiZuzel

Sayfutdinov On Sgp -" I'll Be Back"

i agree that he should have to go through qualifiers. However some Poole fans (not yourself) were saying Darcy should have got a wild card after his ban and now say Emil shouldn't I don't get the thought process behind that at all

Ward and Emil talent wise are on a par with Woffy but are not as good as him the record books tell you that. Gollob was better to watch than Rickardsson and more natural ability but who was the better rider? Rickardsson all day long. Unfortunatly with the tragic events of Darcy and Emil not riding currently, it means neither Ward or Emil will be remembered in the way Woffy will be.

Sorry Gav cant agree with that. Rickardsson was absolute superb to watch on a bike, over his time span i dont think such a successful rider has ever been so exciting. Some of his passes were breathtaking, even when he missed the gate he was superb to watch.

Id much rather watch Rickardsson than Gollob but thats opinion

Gollob was useless on the temp tracks for years, Trick could ride any track whether he was gating or passing. Absolute class on a bike, against very very tough opposition too.

It's quite simple.

He rides in just as many meetings during a season as Tai does, often racing in meaningless events in Germany of the weekend.

They might be meaningless to you,me and most of the world,but what you have to remember is that they are run by one of his(main? I don't know the finances of ll his deals)sponsors.Frank Mauer runs the track and sponsors Emil as well.probably part of the deal is that Emil rides in some of his meetings.There must also be a reason why some of the top riders also turn out in them even if they are meaningless.The track is also open often for practice and riders like Nicki travel over jut for that purpose.I'd imagine it isn't easy to attract a top field for a meaningless meeting without some incentive ;)

They might be meaningless to you,me and most of the world,but what you have to remember is that they are run by one of his(main? I don't know the finances of ll his deals)sponsors.Frank Mauer runs the track and sponsors Emil as well.probably part of the deal is that Emil rides in some of his meetings.There must also be a reason why some of the top riders also turn out in them even if they are meaningless.The track is also open often for practice and riders like Nicki travel over jut for that purpose.I'd imagine it isn't easy to attract a top field for a meaningless meeting without some incentive ;)

You miss my point entirely..

Sorry Gav cant agree with that. Rickardsson was absolute superb to watch on a bike, over his time span i dont think such a successful rider has ever been so exciting. Some of his passes were breathtaking, even when he missed the gate he was superb to watch.

Id much rather watch Rickardsson than Gollob but thats opinion

Gollob was useless on the temp tracks for years, Trick could ride any track whether he was gating or passing. Absolute class on a bike, against very very tough opposition too.

cant disagree entirely with your point of view, but as far as league racing is concerned, I watched ricko an awful lot, and even though he was rarely behind...once he was, he wasn't the best of passers in the world..imo....obviously don't deny he was superbly talented and mega quick though

Rickardsson was truly a great but in my opinion I would be more excited about a race with Gollob in then TR as I thought you might see a great race. Same scenario back in the day at British Finals when I would look forward to Mark Lorams and Joe Screens races more than Chris Louis or Martin Dugard as an example. TR a great but certainly more anticipation that I was going to see a good race if Gollob was lining up

• Like 2

recall witches winning the 4s at boro..TR was waving at crowd on 2nd bend whilst other 3 still racing!

• Like 1

I cant wait till Sayfutdinov is back. It's just not the same watching the gp without him in it. He's one of he best riders ive ever seen.

• Like 1

I must say I'm not missing Emil at all. The two young Poles have livened up the series, and considering there was only a couple of points between the top ten on Saturday proves what a close series we're going to have this year.

Obviously having Emil in the series would improve it, but he's the loser in all this.

Sayfutdinov is very talented and a real racer (hence the injuries), will be great for the GPs, should he return. Especially now that DW43 is out.

Trick, as Mr Pinny calls him, was a truly great rider in his time.

What is this relating too?

Not a clue, it was a lone tweet.

Probablt realised the SEC is not all its cracked up to be and wants back in the GP series. Sorry Emil that boat has long set sail. The qualifiers are next year.

Not sure he is as good a many think to be honest. Can't seenhim ever being good enough to challenge for World Champion.

Probablt realised the SEC is not all its cracked up to be and wants back in the GP series. Sorry Emil that boat has long set sail. The qualifiers are next year.

Not sure he is as good a many think to be honest. Can't seenhim ever being good enough to challenge for World Champion.

Are you deluded or what .?
  • Like 2

Are you serious or on the wind up 😂😂

Emil is still one of the best riders there is and better than a lot of the current field.

• Like 1