British Speedway Forum
orderly

Ko For Ko (speedway Star)

Thank God the SCB has finally seen sense and introduced an automatic suspension for riders who sustain a significant head injury in a track crash.

I have, over the years, seen riders concussed after an accident and they and their Team Manager has been advised by the medical staff not to ride, yet after 3 or 4 they are out on the track again.

A guideline was introduced a few years ago whereby the injured rider and his manager where given a notice that they should not take part in any meeting unless they had been examined by the track CMO prior to the meeting or produced a certificate of fitness to ride obtained from the riders GP and handed to the referee before the meeting

Thank goodness for common sense

• Like 3

To be fair I was always led to believe that you had to wait a minimum of 7 days and then you had to have confirmation from a doctor that you were fit to ride..............

When I knocked myself out I was in hospital for 24 hours and went back to work 2 days later............I do a desk job and thought nothing of it............my GP went mad at me and said I was not supposed to go back to work for at least 7 days...............

RP

Thought this thread was going to be about the Speedway Star Knockout Cup...

THOSE were the days ... some of the best meetings (attended and race wise) that I was at ...