British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
iris123

Tough Season Ahead?

The attendance at Redcar last night wasn't bad at all, although their gates seem to hold up reasonably well no matter what.

That's taking into account that it was a cold night (although not as bitingly cold as it has been on occasion there) the meeting was a challenge, Redcar's team isn't the strongest and Berwick aren't the most attractive opponents.

Perhaps they saw a home win on the cards and though they better attend as it might be a rare occurance this season if the pundits are right.Plus Berwick brought a bus load of fans as well.

I was home for 6 weeks from end of jan to start of march, and it was raining nearly every day so unsure what you class as a dry winter?!

According to the Met Office,the 2nd wettest winter on record......

Know it is early days yet(just the start of April)but maybe this isn't going to be such a bad prediction for a thread after all looking at how many meetings are getting called off........

I would love to know how anyone can have any idea what the weather will be doing in two months time.

Very true Gordon. In the autumn, we were told we would be in for a very harsh winter!......so far??

Hmmmm,better get on the phone to NASA and ask them then.They are looking like right mugs with their prediction I guess? :P

Is it going to be a case of batten down the hatches and just try to get through without too many losses?

Not only do we have the Euro Football finals in june/july,but the Olympics in august and now NASA are predicting terrible weather for april + may!!!!

At least march should be relatively mild,so a good start at least to the season

Nasa was way wrong, at least for Sweden. This season in Elitserien there has been 0 postponed meetings and I think Allsvenskan only had one.

I don't think this have ever happened before in Swedish speedway,

• Like 1