British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
T.N.T.

Team Gb = Is It Time ?

Chuck all the youngster in and let them have a go. Tai Woffinden isn't interested in Great Britain anymore. Scotty doesn't deserve a chance imo.

With you 100% on Nicholls. While his nation was struggling he was sat at home (well actually taking money to commentate on them) sulking. Maybe I am in a minority but I would go with just about anyone else to be honest

Drives me nuts to see riders deciding not to ride for their country...................unless its on their terms

On the flip side I disagree with you 100% on Woffinden

• Like 2

Maybe the stand taken by Scott Nicholls and Lee Richardson regarding the lack of support for GB by the BSPA has encouraged the current efforts to develop British riders ?

• Like 2

What about Cook and Lambert?

Craig Cook has tweeted:

Had a few people asking why I'm not in Croatia, nothing serious don't worry! I'll get a press release out some time mid week 1f44d.png #cc111

• Like 1

As long as your getting laps in somewhere Cookie and getting sharp for elite league domination.

I don`t think Nicholls should be included in the team, he made his bed and deserted the team and now wants to come back and oust a regular team member.

• Like 1

Craig Cook has tweeted:

Had a few people asking why I'm not in Croatia, nothing serious don't worry! I'll get a press release out some time mid week 1f44d.png #cc111

Just hope he explained to Rosco so that he is still eligible to be in the squad.

Tai, bomber, Cookie and scott/robert.

• Like 1

I cant believe Nicholls average is so low - every time I seen the scores in 2015 he was always banging them in! How is he only 6ish?!

Still unsure whether he is good enough for the team though. Woofy and Bomber certaintys, youd imagine Cook and Lambert would be the other two surely?

With you 100% on Nicholls. While his nation was struggling he was sat at home (well actually taking money to commentate on them) sulking. Maybe I am in a minority but I would go with just about anyone else to be honest

Drives me nuts to see riders deciding not to ride for their country...................unless its on their terms

On the flip side I disagree with you 100% on Woffinden

I feel unless you raced and seen how disrespectful they are to British riders then it's unfair to have a dig at nicholls.

Every rider would want to ride for his country as many times as possible in a short career but treated fairly which has not always been the case for Rico,Scotty and others plus to opt out is a big decision not taken lightly.

I feel unless you raced and seen how disrespectful they are to British riders then it's unfair to have a dig at nicholls.

Every rider would want to ride for his country as many times as possible in a short career but treated fairly which has not always been the case for Rico,Scotty and others plus to opt out is a big decision not taken lightly.

Wonder if you would have the same attitude if Tai stopped riding for team GB

• Like 4

So unless I have ridden my opinion does not count ?

The only disrespect is choosing not to ride for your country and then suddenly changing your mind and expecting to be brought back.

Correct me if I am wrong but the issue was sponsors names on the racesuit and for me that is no reason to decide not to ride for your country

I stand by the fact he should be told he is not required. Just my view

• Like 2

I admire Nicholls for his stance, the BSPA haven't run British speedway properly for several years now and their organisation of Team GB has been awful. I'm sure his decision wasn't taken lightly and he felt that he had no other choice than to stand up for his principles. If he feels that things are changing and that Rosco wants him to be involved then IMO its good for everybody.

• Like 4

Like any organisations if the bosses screw things up and do not run it properly you initially try to talk to them. If like some they think they know best and will not change then you walk away or withold your services.

If I remember correctly one or two promoters have walked away from running the GB squad after bashing their head against a brick wall.

It now seems that the bosses have seen sense and are now doing things properly so I have no problem with Scott returning.

• Like 4

I'm confused as to why people say 'use the youngsters'. Who are these 'youngsters'?. Surely people don't want to see a team of Garrity Newman Howarth? We would be a laughing stock! Pick your strongest 4 it's that simple

• Like 1

Before the start of this year I may well have agreed to "use the youngsters" purely because there wasnt any chance of Tai and CH taking Brit. to top honours, so give the youngsters experiance.

Now things have changed. Cookie has turned the fuel tap on full, and Scotty is "making a comeback" (and I agree as to why he stayed away from the party, and his return if things have changed).

So, yes, go with the team on form and riding BV well at the time of selection. If any rider is a bit niffed that Scotty is back in the frame for possible selection, then its up to them to perform better then Scott

And its good to see a squad out practising, but more importantly, bonding together as a team.