British Speedway Forum
Heather12

From Cinder To Shale.... Scotland's Amazing Private Speedway Collection Opening Dates 2016

Only open on the following dates

Sun 10th April

Sun 5th June

Sun 17th July

Sun 4th Sept

Sun 6th Nov

Edgefield Road, Loanhead, Edinburgh

For more information phone 01578 722439 or 01314 400864 and leave a message. Ian Paterson will then return your call

Edited by Heather12
  • Like 1

Only open on the following dates

Sun 10th April

Sun 5th June

Sun 17th July

Sun 4th Sept

Sun 6th Nov

Edgefield Road, Loanhead, Edinburgh

For more information phone 01578 722439 or 01314 400864 and leave a message. Ian Paterson will then return your call

Looks fabulous judging by the article in the latest edition of 'Backtrack!'

• Like 2

The article can't do it justice. It's the most amazing place! I've been 3 times now and each time I see something I hadn't noticed previously. I'm really looking forward to going again in the summer :)

• Like 2

The article can't do it justice.

No article could! Agree, Ian Paterson's unrivalled collection is absolutely brilliant and we'd strongly urge every speedway fan to try and visit.

• Like 4

The final opening date this year for the fabulous Cinder to Shale speedway collection is Sunday 6th November. Well worth the visit, it's got to be seen to be believed!

The final opening date this year for the fabulous Cinder to Shale speedway collection is Sunday 6th November. Well worth the visit, it's got to be seen to be believed!

I was led to believe that this year will be the last that it is being open to the public.Is this true?

I'm not certain to be honest. I know that last time I was talking to Ian about it he said that it was barely worth his while opening it as so few people went on the day. If people are genuinely interested he will open it on other days by arrangement.

I was led to believe that this year will be the last that it is being open to the public.Is this true?

Ian is going to open by appointment in the future.

On one of his open days he only received a couple of visitors and it's not worth spending the time to open it.

The opening times were 10-4pm and he would get visitors that would arrive at about 3.30pm and then still be there at 5,30pm which made it a long day for him.. He feels that if he opens by appointment in the future then he will not be wasting his time and visitors can have a quality visit.

Visitors are very welcome and appointments can be made by telephone. This will enable him to manage the openings better.

• Like 1

Ian is going to open by appointment in the future.

On one of his open days he only received a couple of visitors and it's not worth spending the time to open it.

The opening times were 10-4pm and he would get visitors that would arrive at about 3.30pm and then still be there at 5,30pm which made it a long day for him.. He feels that if he opens by appointment in the future then he will not be wasting his time and visitors can have a quality visit.

Visitors are very welcome and appointments can be made by telephone. This will enable him to manage the openings better.

Thanks for that.Fantastic collection doubt if there is a better one in the World.

Thanks for that.Fantastic collection doubt if there is a better one in the World.

I love going and everytime I go I see something new. Awesome! He is in the process of writing a book featuring the bikes in his collection. It will make a fabulous resource

Edited by Heather12

Ian Paterson is opening his superb collection at Loanhead on Sunday 26th February. Times have yet to be confirmed.

This is the day following the World Speedway Riders' Association (Scotland) holding its annual Dinner and Blether in the Deer Park Country Club, Livingston

By far the best book ever on speedway bikes. had two sent to Australia, had ten orders but too late all sold,

How about a re print Ian?

• Like 1

By far the best book ever on speedway bikes. had two sent to Australia, had ten orders but too late all sold,

How about a re print Ian?

I was speaking to Ian on Tuesday and he was quite adamant that there would be no reprints. I have my copy! :)