Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Reviresco

Simon Lambert Testimonial

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so, could you please send me a private message which includes your mobile number.

Many thanks

Hope they manage to find some shale, as after stock cars last night, it was the smoothest I've ever seen, also the barest!

It's been a long winter,but speedway has finally arrived at the NA.Lovely day for it too.Roll on 2 o clock.

Still looking for a texter for this meeting, is anyone able to help please?

Thanks

Edit - Now sorted.

Edited by crazysue

I fully appreciate that Simon needs to be checked over after a nasty looking off on turn 3 but it's nowv16.45, almost 3 hours after the official start time and we still have 9 heats to run .meetings need to be much slicker in presentation imho

• Like 4

I fully appreciate that Simon needs to be checked over after a nasty looking off on turn 3 but it's nowv16.45, almost 3 hours after the official start time and we still have 9 heats to run .meetings need to be much slicker in presentation imho

note to self give all testimonials a miss .

note to self give all testimonials a miss .

i thought long and hard about going to this, but decided to go to ipswich last night instead. Despite the cold I think I made the right choice.

Indeed ... there was some good racing on offer and it was great to see such a good crowd for Simon, thoroughly deserved in my opinion, but I left at 5pm with still 8 races left to go

I understand it ended after 6pm, meetings lasting around four hours are too long for me I am afraid

Indeed ... there was some good racing on offer and it was great to see such a good crowd for Simon, thoroughly deserved in my opinion, but I left at 5pm with still 8 races left to go

I understand it ended after 6pm, meetings lasting around four hours are too long for me I am afraid

It ended about 6.30, far to long for ANY meeting.

What was funny is their was some Lynn fans standing next to us on bend 2/3 who were moaning that they went to the Peterborough v Coventry match the other week and encountered some dust from the track, after watching this meeting I think me and my wife left wearing half the track.

I don't know what people expect from any daytime meeting when there is a bit of Sun and a breeze, the dust is never going to be kept down.

All the best to Simon but four hours for a speedway meeting is ridiculous.

• Like 1

I don't know what people expect from any daytime meeting when there is a bit of Sun and a breeze, the dust is never going to be kept down.

All the best to Simon but four hours for a speedway meeting is ridiculous.

a 2pm start time was a great start time but 45 minutes introduction and parade was a joke and then have an interval was crazy - tractors grading after near on every race as well . For me Rory Schlien showed how to run a testimonial meeting a few years ago done and dusted in two hours .

Don't think Rory would have run the meeting..As I'm sure Simon didn't run this one..Hope himself and Hansen are ok after their falls..Any news?

Looks like I'm the only one that thoroughly enjoyed the afternoons entertainment

• Like 1

Another meeting which failed to start on time!!. Some of the delays were unavoidable due to injury , falls etc but a great number of them were totally unnecessary and spoilt what otherwise would have been a good afternoon.

• Like 1