British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Reviresco

Simon Lambert Testimonial

Looks like I'm the only one that thoroughly enjoyed the afternoons entertainment

Not the only one,i enjoyed it.Some good racing,sunshine and meeting up with the speedway folk again.Also catching up and having a chat with Tom and Romana again.Only downside is i have only just finished watching the footie :D

• Like 2

Looks like I'm the only one that thoroughly enjoyed the afternoons entertainment

Me too, some superb racing today, was quite surprised, seeing how it was only a testimonial

Indeed ... there was some good racing on offer and it was great to see such a good crowd for Simon, thoroughly deserved in my opinion, but I left at 5pm with still 8 races left to go

I understand it ended after 6pm, meetings lasting around four hours are too long for me I am afraid

Like you Phil, I'm delighted that all went so well for Simon (accident apart), and that a large crowd turned out for him, especially as he and his family are friends of mine.

I'm also with you that four hours is far to long for any speedway meeting, and sadly that forced me to leave with still 11 races left, so I saw just over half the meeting.

Hopefully this was a one off, as I could appreciate the importance of the pre-meeting presentations to riders, sponsors etc.

Food for thought though, Had this been an evening meeting, it would have been gone midnight before it was finished. and thats rediculous.

3/4 hrs introductions, and track grading every heat were both excessive. Shame the meeting will be remembered for the time it took rather than the excellent racing on show.

We moan about SKY, but had his been televised, there would have been the controller at the pit gate with his stopwatch and this meeting would have flowed like all the rest...

Probably Track Promoters should all employ these people to keep the meeting ticking along.... Some of the delays took the shine of what could have been an excellent meeting...

• Like 1

I left after Heat 16, you would think that promoters would listen to us fans, we go to watch speedway not tractors driving around (saying that my little boy enjoyed the tractors more than the bikes lol) people said on here last year that they get fed up with how long a meeting takes at Lynn, it has been proven it can be done in 2 hours and still have a good track to race on. Also why are the gates locked in the 2nd bend still at Heat 16 had to ask 3 different security people to open them then he had to get permission off someone on the phone to be able to let me out ! I did not think they would be allowed to keep them locked or health and safety reasons

• Like 1

I'm so pleased there was a good turn out for Simon and some excellent racing. I guess it was always going to be a long meeting, with 23 heats, several guests and lots of family and sponsors of the event to thank. I do however agree that four hours was far too long, and although it was a lovely sunny day, there was a chilly March breeze which made all that standing around less enjoyable. With the wind coming from the east and the threat of a drying track, I moved from my usual 2nd bend spot, up to the 3rd bend to have the wind behind me, and less of a threat of mouthfulls of dust. I'm glad I did, although Buster was spot on with track work and plenty of watering to keep that dust down. The riders gave it their all, and I was pleased that some of the "lesser" riders had some good outings. Some good rides from David Howe, who didn't score many points but looked very smooth on his return from retirement. Both Carl Wilkinson and Danny Ayres deserved more than they scored for sheer determination and hats off to Kenneth Bjerre who saved the best until last to win the meeting. Three Kings Lynn heroes were there, in Terry Betts, Ian Turner and Tomas Topinka and it was great they took the time and trouble to support Simon on his big day. I hope Simon is OK after hitting the air fence right in front of me with a hell of a wallop, and that he makes a speedy recovery. It was a privilege to be there as I'd watched Simon from his first outings on a bike.

Food for thought though, Had this been an evening meeting, it would have been gone midnight before it was finished. and thats rediculous.

3/4 hrs introductions, and track grading every heat were both excessive. Shame the meeting will be remembered for the time it took rather than the excellent racing on show.

We moan about SKY, but had his been televised, there would have been the controller at the pit gate with his stopwatch and this meeting would have flowed like all the rest...

Probably Track Promoters should all employ these people to keep the meeting ticking along.... Some of the delays took the shine of what could have been an excellent meeting...

Perhaps they were hoping that thirst and hunger would set in! :nono:

• Like 1

At the end of the day we must be grateful that those that fell are ok and hopefully for Simon it was a financial success. However that should not mask another total lack of thought for fans.

(1) I fail to see any valid reason for delay of start . Those who arrived in good time were thanked for our patience , well we had no bloody option than to wait.!!!

(2) I was reminded of a comment I heard some years ago," Enjoyed the tractor racing but them motorbikes they have in between will never catch on."

(3) Most people around me were totally fed up before the end and there were audible groans with every delay.

• Like 1

This conversation crops up year after year after year, but the promoters don't listen to their public, then wonder why the crowds are dropping.

• Like 1

Unfortunately i couldn't make the meeting...but from reading social media and knowing the lambert family i know a lot of hard work, time and effort would of been put into this meeting to make it enjoyable for all! Yes fair enough it went on a little bit longer than expected but hey is it really a huge matter..no! This is the their first big event to organise and all i can say is well done simon and co....by sounds of it you had a fall but your ok and all the riders seem to have loved it!

The sun was shining....food and beer flowing and speedway on the track...couldnt ask for a better day in my eyes!

Bjerre you come up trumps!

Why the hell should Simon Lambert have a testimonial...

Totally agree he shouldnt have one -after all he only had his last one less than a week ago 😛😛
  • Like 4

Any reason why he shouldn't?

All us members should have a testimonial for putting up with you for so many years

• Like 4

I fail to see any valid reason for delay of start . Those who arrived in good time were thanked for our patience , well we had no bloody option than to wait.!!!

I totally agree. The start time was 2pm. It was advertised weeks, probably months in advance. I travelled from Norwich for the meeting, its a 100 mile round trip for me and I managed to get there on time. Why should I have to wait whilst other people who couldn't make the effort to get there on time, queue to get in? The meeting should have started at 2pm and tough luck to those in the queue, if they miss the start then so be it. It will encourage them to be there on time in future! Imagine if football started when ever they liked instead of 3pm. Its things like this which put supporters and future fans off. When I told my friend this, he couldn't believe it, I might add he doesn't support speedway. Come on promoters, wake up and smell the coffee, we are fed up with things like this.

• Like 3