British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Reviresco

Simon Lambert Testimonial

It seems to me that once we have paid our money fans are treated as an irritant by those in in charge.

• Like 2

I fail to see any valid reason for delay of start . Those who arrived in good time were thanked for our patience , well we had no bloody option than to wait.!!!

I totally agree. The start time was 2pm. It was advertised weeks, probably months in advance. I travelled from Norwich for the meeting, its a 100 mile round trip for me and I managed to get there on time. Why should I have to wait whilst other people who couldn't make the effort to get there on time, queue to get in? The meeting should have started at 2pm and tough luck to those in the queue, if they miss the start then so be it. It will encourage them to be there on time in future! Imagine if football started when ever they liked instead of 3pm. Its things like this which put supporters and future fans off. When I told my friend this, he couldn't believe it, I might add he doesn't support speedway. Come on promoters, wake up and smell the coffee, we are fed up with things like this.

I have said many times, while promotors hold the start of meeting up to appease whose who are late, nothing will ever change. If the meeting were to start at the stated time whose who leave it normally tight will make more of an effort to get there earlier. Why should those who arrive early , do everything correct have to suffer delay to accommodate whose wrong doers..

Can you imagine Man United delaying the start for that same reason......

• Like 1

Any reason why he shouldn't?

No rider should get a testimonial good bye meeting ta tar meeting or call it what you like, unless they are in a simular position to Darcy.. No footballer should get the same either.

You go to your employer after 10 years service a say can can i have a massive pay rise for the years service ive given to you. And you know what he will say.. the second words off. ;) I dont agree with them, never have..

Edited by Starman2006

No rider should get a testimonial good bye meeting ta tar meeting or call it what you like, unless they are in a simular position to Darcy.. No footballer should get the same either.

You go to your employer after 10 years service a say can can i have a massive pay rise for the years service ive given to you. And you know what he will say.. the second words off. ;) I dont agree with them, never have..

weird logic 😕

Go to an employer you used to work for and ask for an annual benefit event because because you were seriously injured undertaking your 2nd job in a different counyry and in the real world and the second word would be off too...

weird logic

Not weird logic. Absolutely true.

Not weird logic. Absolutely true.

you quoted an example of going to your employer in real life to justify that sportsmen shouldnt get testimonials although you state Darcys case is different.

That is weird logic IMO as evidenced by my noted scenario