British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Parsloes 1928 nearly

Good Friday Central Park Rockin' 'double Header'!

It's a unique 'double header' at Kent Speedway on Good Friday (March 25th.)!

The Kent SLYDE Kings' match vs. Eastbourne Eagles (start time 6.30pm) in the Good Friday Chase (itself a part of a 'double' of matches that day, the first leg being at Arlington at mid-day..) is followed by, not one but TWO live rock bands in the main Grandstand large bar after the action.

The bands are Mean 'n My Lady and The Grimms.

It's free for the bands for those who've been at the Speedway!

Full details on the Kent Speedway website.

• Like 2

I'll be at both meetings and will enjoy a double win for Kent. Get those tapes up!

Ha fine chance of that eh :D I'll be happy with one a piece
  • Like 1

Ha fine chance of that eh :D I'll be happy with one a piece

Agreed. I will take a narrow away win as i suspect our reserves may struggle a bit at Eastie but i predict a bigger home win. Looking forward to see Magic back on home soil.

It will be a tough start to the season with both teams looking equal, i personally think it will come down to who has done more track time and practice for the first one, i think the Eastbourne team will win at Home and might carry the buzz with them away, But i think the danger is in Mr Ayres he can be hit and Miss but i love watching him.

Think both teams are pretty well practiced for this one although the Eagles have the advantage of actually practicing on their own track.

Looking forward to see how Hughes & Knight go round Eastie plus what damage Bowen & Clifton can do.

Im going to try and be nice to the reserves this year although currently i only think Powell is deserving of a place.

My only current concern is that ive not seen or heard of Shanes practicing anywhere?

Think both teams are pretty well practiced for this one although the Eagles have the advantage of actually practicing on their own track.

Looking forward to see how Hughes & Knight go round Eastie plus what damage Bowen & Clifton can do.

Im going to try and be nice to the reserves this year although currently i only think Powell is deserving of a place.

My only current concern is that ive not seen or heard of Shanes practicing anywhere?

Doesn't his poultec training include that? Him and Kelsey do it I thought it included track time? On the Clifton topic I don't think he will do much against Andrews in heat 1 or Knight as he's a heatleader.... This could be verges year!!! Edited by Al3x200

Doesn't his poultec training include that? Him and Kelsey do it I thought it included track time? On the Clifton topic I don't think he will do much against Andrews in heat 1 or Knight as he's a heatleader.... This could be verges year!!!

Yeah they practice at KL I believe.

Doesn't his poultec training include that? Him and Kelsey do it I thought it included track time? On the Clifton topic I don't think he will do much against Andrews in heat 1 or Knight as he's a heatleader.... This could be verges year!!!

Ah completely forgot about Poultec phew that's alright then. At Eastbourne Clifton might struggle like several visiting riders but if rumours are true he will have the better of Andrews at home.

It could be Verges year (like it could have been the previous 3) id be happy to see him succeed and prove me wrong but........

Ah completely forgot about Poultec phew that's alright then. At Eastbourne Clifton might struggle like several visiting riders but if rumours are true he will have the better of Andrews at home.

It could be Verges year (like it could have been the previous 3) id be happy to see him succeed and prove me wrong but........

Hmmm we'll see Andrews beat Morley twice at his home last year! But then I would be biased towards Eastbourne! Id say there are a few newer riders than verge this year and at the moment I think he has the beating of Nick Phillips Edited by Al3x200

Seen James has had practice at Lynn and he has either already been or about to do a days practice at the oak Tree arena.

Tbf the videos I ve seen of Danno the increase in speed looks scary. Plus he looks a lot more muscular after a winter of training, so I feel this could and should be his year to kick on.

Here`s my observations on yesterday.

I only went to Central Park,but here goes.

Let me start by saying I hope Hughes and Andrews are back sooner rather than later.

Kent were probably fortunate with the score-line at Arlington but even so it is not very often a team scores 50+ away from Home.

Eastbourne :

I am sure the Club will strength as the season goes on as they are clearly weaker than last season.

Jacobs looked fast (surely will be snapped up soon) and Knight also looked classy.

Very weak at reserve.

Now my thoughts on Kings.

Bowen - Looks a really Solid No 1 and will score heavily Home and away.

Clifton - For someone who has been away for 10+ years,he looked great and will put 2-3 points on his average.

Ayres - Is there a more determined and entertaining rider is this League ? Doubt it.

Mason - Solid and will score useful points as well as being a help to the younger riders.

Shanes - A proper racer,although the track did not help his come from behind style.

Verge - We have a reborn racer and will score very useful points this year.

Thomas - I was very impressed for someone so young and looks a proper rider in the making.

We know Brum will be up there and Cradley,but I have a feeling Kings will surprise a few this year and really show that Mr Pearsons prediction in the SS that Kent will finish BOTTOM as being miles off. :D

• Like 1

Here`s my observations on yesterday.

I only went to Central Park,but here goes.

Let me start by saying I hope Hughes and Andrews are back sooner rather than later.

Kent were probably fortunate with the score-line at Arlington but even so it is not very often a team scores 50+ away from Home.

Eastbourne :

I am sure the Club will strength as the season goes on as they are clearly weaker than last season.

Jacobs looked fast (surely will be snapped up soon) and Knight also looked classy.

Very weak at reserve.

Now my thoughts on Kings.

Bowen - Looks a really Solid No 1 and will score heavily Home and away.

Clifton - For someone who has been away for 10+ years,he looked great and will put 2-3 points on his average.

Ayres - Is there a more determined and entertaining rider is this League ? Doubt it.

Mason - Solid and will score useful points as well as being a help to the younger riders.

Shanes - A proper racer,although the track did not help his come from behind style.

Verge - We have a reborn racer and will score very useful points this year.

Thomas - I was very impressed for someone so young and looks a proper rider in the making.

We know Brum will be up there and Cradley,but I have a feeling Kings will surprise a few this year and really show that Mr Pearsons prediction in the SS that Kent will finish BOTTOM as being miles off. :D

Agree with all that AJ, well apart from Mason, there is no way he should be losing against the Eastbourne reserves and his average will probably go down, would have been better off with Baseby

Saying that though, I think Kent are strong after watching them yesterday, stronger than I thought they would be and it will take a very good team to come to central park and win, and for once it really was a bumper crowd

Agree with all that AJ, well apart from Mason, there is no way he should be losing against the Eastbourne reserves and his average will probably go down, would have been better off with Baseby

Saying that though, I think Kent are strong after watching them yesterday, stronger than I thought they would be and it will take a very good team to come to central park and win, and for once it really was a bumper crowd

With all due respect Wiseguy,Mason did NOT get beaten by the Eagles reserves.

I do agree that Masons average may drop a bit.

I may also be wrong,but I believe Baseby could not be fitted in the team because his average was too high .

Edited by AJ is King