British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Parsloes 1928 nearly

Good Friday Central Park Rockin' 'double Header'!

Looks like Verge has kicked on, honestly never thought he would. If he can keep that up and Thomas can carry on in the same vein as yesterday then the Kings are going to take some stopping.

• Like 2

With all due respect Wiseguy,Mason did NOT get beaten by the Eagles reserves.

I do agree that Masons average may drop a bit.

I may also be wrong,but I believe Baseby could not be fitted in the team because his average was too high .

You are correct it was Andrews in heat 5 where he was beaten

Mark Baseby would have fit, but its too late for that,

Speedway Updates gave incorrect details for the away leg at Arlington btw.

Well wrong as declared anyhow!

In heat 6 when the unfortunate Kyle Hughes looped and crashed (get well and back on a bike soon, Kyle..), though it is true that at the time of the stoppage Jack Thomas was clear in third place (having passed Andrews earlier in the race) - for reasons best (indeed only) known to the ref it wasn't awarded as a 1-5 to the Kings but as a 2-4: Andrews being awarded second...

We did al expect the error to be corrected but it wasn't!!

So Andrews (hope Richard also recovers ASAP from his nasty fall in the second leg) scored 6 and Jack Thomas (robbed of a point and a further bonus - scored 7 +1. Final score in the first leg was 34-56 NOT 33-57 as the Updates page has it..

• Like 1

Speedway Updates gave incorrect details for the away leg at Arlington btw.

Well wrong as declared anyhow!

In heat 6 when the unfortunate Kyle Hughes looped and crashed (get well and back on a bike soon, Kyle..), though it is true that at the time of the stoppage Jack Thomas was clear in third place (having passed Andrews earlier in the race) - for reasons best (indeed only) known to the ref it wasn't awarded as a 1-5 to the Kings but as a 2-4: Andrews being awarded second...

We did al expect the error to be corrected but it wasn't!!

So Andrews (hope Richard also recovers ASAP from his nasty fall in the second leg) scored 6 and Jack Thomas (robbed of a point and a further bonus - scored 7 +1. Final score in the first leg was 34-56 NOT 33-57 as the Updates page has it..

I thought they was on a 5-1 iv been thinking i wouldnt of messed up that bad, so my results are correct the official result from referee was wrong. Ill edit the post tonight for it to make sense.

I went to both the meetings and was blown away by the result down at Eastbourne.

Bowen, I can see him topping the averages - we have got ouselves another real no. 1. I wonder how many times he will be called up as a guest?

Clifton, some glimpses of real quality. Give him a few weeks and our 1/2 pairing could be unstoppable.

Ayres, Mr Entertainment - you can tell he has worked on his strength/fitness. Him and Bowen will win the pairs

Mason, If he can pick up 5+ points every away meeting i'll be happy with that. He is so good at protecting his teammates

Shanes, i thought he was lacking speed but has the potential to score double figures everywhere. He is worth the entrance fee on his own.

Verge, bloody hell!! More of that please.

Thomas, if i had to pick a rider who impressed me the most it would be young Jack. Certainly one for the future.

still smiling!

BYW

• Like 1

Can't argue with that at all. I was hugely impressed with the reserves. Both have always been smooth but there was a lot of speed to go with it. Don't think ive ever seen Danno make such consistently good gates and ride such hard first corners.

Thomas was robbed of a point at Arlington and another couple at Home with a snapped chain but was still very impressed.

Clifton was a little more raw than i was expecting but is clearly fast and once he has shaken out the rust he will be flying.

What impressed me the most was the moral on the centre green at the start. All riders joking together was something that seemed non-existent last year.

Opponents will come tougher than a misfiring Eastbourne but this team looks like Central Park could become a fortress and there are plenty of points to be picked up on the road.

• Like 1

As an Eastbourne fan I was gutted by the results but I have to say I was delighted for and impressed with Kent!

Like Eastbourne when in the Elite League Kent are often written off as also rans and have had their share of a lack of results. It must have been great for the fans to come and see their boys do so well at Arlington.

I like a lot of the Kent riders.

Danny Aires id great, gives everything and clearly cares, he rides with his heart

James Shanes, doesnt always get the result but looks fricking amazing to watch

Danno Verge, met him and had a chat with him at lydd last year. He was the first on the track when my lad came off his bike to pick him up and give him some advice.

So yeh, it hurt on 'Bad' Friday but not as much as it would have losing to another team.

Oh yeh,and Coventry away helped!

• Like 2

Yep a good day for the Kings but certainly plenty to be cheery about as an Eagles fan.

Knight looked far more comfortable at Kent than he did early at Arlington & Georgie Wood was excellent at home and smooth although a little under powered? at Kent but that was obviously fixed quickly at Cov.

Of the others the luckless Hughes looked classy until finding far too much grip and will miss watching him this year as i rate his track craft highly. Andrews was out of sorts and wish him a speedy recovery & the departed Hopwood was solid.

I had reservation over the Kent reserves due to lack of speed but their control has never been questioned, the opposite applies to the Eagles pair and a lack of experience and bike craft would be a major concern.

Oh and Powell is going to make no friends with his shameful staying down to try and get a rerun....if you slide off on your own on the inside fella no ref (excluding Babs) is going to give an all 4 back!