Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole V Coventry Es First Leg 16/03/16

Disagree with you Pinny. The PL average difference means nothing to how they do in the EL. Some riders adapt to top flight racing. Better than others. Garrity just seems wild and out of control, like Bridger was but worse. Guess we will see when they race tomorrow night but regardless of being a Poole fan I would pick Newman over the current Garrity every day of the week.

Personal opinion of course.

Their a similar average in el - garrity had the balls to try it in the 1-5, newman didnt.

Garrity will easily outscore newman in the 1-7, can see garrity mixing it a lot more on the first bends.

• Like 1

If I am sounding like Starman then a break is definitely needed! :D I just don't get what the point of a pay cap is if nobody sticks to it. May as well not have one, or am I missing something?

Your missing something for sure ..Are give you a clue it's between your ears :wink:

Disagree with you Pinny. The PL average difference means nothing to how they do in the EL. Some riders adapt to top flight racing. Better than others. Garrity just seems wild and out of control, like Bridger was but worse. Guess we will see when they race tomorrow night but regardless of being a Poole fan I would pick Newman over the current Garrity every day of the week.

Personal opinion of course.

Both yours and mine then Mr S :t:

Their a similar average in el - garrity had the balls to try it in the 1-5, newman didnt.

Garrity will easily outscore newman in the 1-7, can see garrity mixing it a lot more on the first bends.

Ha, ha!! Quality.

Exactly.

Newman, Garrity, Worrall, Howarth, Auty, Wilkinson, Wright etc should all of been forced to go into the top 5 to attempt to further their developement, moving all tier 2 riders to tier 1 and bringing a fresh crop of youngsters into the tier 2 slots.

Only Coventry have done it properly, and their being punished now as every other team lines up with strong reserves.

Theyve had their fun banging in huge scores from number 6 or 7, let them step up into the next stage.

Im sorry, but for Wilkinson (and Carl is one of my favorite riders) to be riding in the draft some 15 years after his premier league debut is absolutely farcial. They may as well let any Brit in speedway ride in the draft. Where do you draw the line?

Its a farcial system. Something that should work so well makes the sport look exactly what it is, essentially a circus.

EDIT: Can understand allowing Kerr to continue in it after such a dreadful smash last season.

After 4 matches Jason Garrity could be a reserve and Kyle Newman should be in Poole's top five anyway. Now that the grade one EDR is now compelled to move up when his average elevates him into the top 5, does it really matter if certain riders continue to be EDR grade one riders for a third and hopefully final season.

Edited by barrow boy

Looking at the 2 sides I'd say a comfy home win for the 2016 EL runners up ;) . 56-34 to Poole.

And saturday's lottery winning numbers are....................................... :lol:

Okay, if he does get paid more how do they do it without other promoters knowing? Genuine question!

Kyle cannot earn over and above that while riding at No. 7

A FTR EL rider told me last season that he was on a 'special' pay arrangement with his promotion, so I believe your statement to be untrue!

• Like 4

possibly Garrity has as well

Could have a knock on effect on Sargent as well. He's likely to move into main team if Garrity drops down. Probably won't score much and that will affect his confidence.

The fact that either Watt or Kurtz will drop to reserve if Kyle moves into the top 5 is more of why the draft is a joke.

• Like 1

Let's be honest there shouldn't even be a debate as to who is the better rider at the moment. Garrity 8pt PL rider a 2nd string at EL level, finishing 4th in the British Final and made a GP appearance. Newman hasn't shown anything near that yet but he could do in future.

• Like 1

I wonder how many of the posts on this thread might be deleted after Friday evening?!

I wonder how many of the posts on this thread might be deleted after Friday evening?!

Why, is Kyle in the main team & not as reserve anymore?

• Like 1

Why are CovEntry fans writing off Woryna before a wheel has turned. He is viewed as a fine prospect in Poland and is certainly better than Jamrog.

Give the lad a chance before trying to get rid before a wheel has turned.

So you are having a go about Coventry fans about giving this lad a chance as a wheel hasn't been turned yet.

Yet your were criticising the signing of Huchenbeck this is also before a wheel has been turned in anger,give the lad a chance just like you have told the Coventry fans :wink:

Edited by tellboy
  • Like 2

Who is Huchenbeck?

So sorry Huckenbeck

Garrity is now quite clearly the better rider backed up by the facts. Higher average in the premier league, made the top 4 in the British Final and is in the GB squad. That's not to say Newman can't get to that level he just isn't there yet. The Poole fans who seem to think Newman is better see him just ride at home beating fast track reserves. Newman has the ability to beat Garrity at home but let's talk about this debate when Newman makes a British Final or GP