British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
EC Rides Again

British Semi Finals 2016

Well thats an odd rule which should be looked into especially as far more youth development is coming through.

Why not have quarter finals and all EL riders seeded into the semis.

Say if a rider becomes World class on grass for 5 years and than is that talented he starts speedway and joins a EL team and scores 8 points per meeting. He would have to miss the British semis??

Odd.

• Like 1

This is correct and as Ellis hasn't rode PL for a couple of years he misses out.

Surely he's in the same boat as Jacobs and he is included.

So Joe Jacobs replaces Danny King. What Adam Ellis got to do to get an invite?

So Joe Jacobs replaces Danny King. What Adam Ellis got to do to get an invite?

it's obviously a case of who you know with the BSPA, their decisions on a wide range of subjects beggars belief.

Looks like a dry day ahead in Scunny today.

I will be setting off straight after finishing work at 3pm and hoping that the Friday night traffic is not too bad.

I'm really looking forward to this meeting - so many riders who should excel around the wide open spaces of Scunny.

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam
  • Like 1

The seven to qualify for me no order Stead Kennett R.Lambert Harris Howarth Auty Robson Reserves Wilkinson and Bates.There could be some shocks and i am worried Auty won't make it a Fall or tapes ex) could cost him hope i am wrong.

Edited by Sidney the robin

Great stuff chuffed Auty qualified how many points did he score from the back?. A real shock Hall qualified but fair play to the lad gutted for master Bates his time will come Kennett not qualifying was a big shock to me.

Kennett and King looking like wild cards if main riders make the final on Sunday

Kennett and King looking like wild cards if main riders make the final on Sunday

Wouldn't it have made sense for those organising it to have put King in tonight's Semi and Harris in Sunday's as they knew King already had a GP qualifier meeting on the date they gave him and Harris has the GP tomorrow so is having to travel there tomorrow morning.

Very poor planning. It would be very unfair on King if he didn't get a wildcard due to no fault of his own.

• Like 1

No as otherwise Harris would miss his polish meeting

A brilliant meeting on a cold night. Congratulations to all the riders in the line-up for mixing it in virtually every heat. Also hats-off to the ref and officials for running 21 races in 1hr 45 mins. The video of the meeting is a must.

A brilliant meeting on a cold night. Congratulations to all the riders in the line-up for mixing it in virtually every heat. Also hats-off to the ref and officials for running 21 races in 1hr 45 mins. The video of the meeting is a must.

Give me a shout EC if there was footage would love a DVD.

No way Kennett should get a wild card what about Bates or someone else younger in the Glasgow semi.?

Not normally a great fan of Individual Meetings... but wow, that was a good'n, shame the Sky camera's wasn't there tonight. Great track, produced cracking racing in every heat...

Absolutely brilliant meeting, can't remember a bad race and Heat 13 with Jason Garrity, Rob Lambert and Bomber Harris was epic. Well run meeting in quick time which was appreciated in the freezing weather. Just a shame there weren't a few more there to watch it.

• Like 1

Absolutely brilliant meeting, can't remember a bad race and Heat 13 with Jason Garrity, Rob Lambert and Bomber Harris was epic. Well run meeting in quick time which was appreciated in the freezing weather. Just a shame there weren't a few more there to watch it.

Plenty from Sheffield there !

Tigers riders were very impressive tonight. Next Sunday will be tough for the Scorpions (whoever is in the side then).

• Like 1