British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
EC Rides Again

British Semi Finals 2016

Im sure there was run off before a recent British Final for the last place in the meeting ( cant remeber which year) Think Danny was involved in that one....

do you have hair? Jealousy will destroy you geoff, maybe next time you see Richard ask him about his hair rather than post childish comments. I bet your a wimp and won't.

i have a full head of hair baba,but rules are rules,and where did i mention r lawson in my post so my commments are not both childish nor am i a wimp ,if u would like to discuss anything with me am on the first corner when work allows and anyrider that breaks the rulesw ill be pointed out to clerk of course to deal with the ref .. see u soon "baba"

Although you never mentioned his name in your post it clearly refers to Richard. Rules are rules but in speedway they are so inconsistent when it comes to enforcing them. I doubt that the referees know all the rules and thats the problem. Richard would have won yesterday if he had a short back and sides it wouldn't have made a difference. Ok your not a wimp and I will take that part back at least your post wasn't as insulting as jenga's.

Although you never mentioned his name in your post it clearly refers to Richard. Rules are rules but in speedway they are so inconsistent when it comes to enforcing them. I doubt that the referees know all the rules and thats the problem. Richard would have won yesterday if he had a short back and sides it wouldn't have made a difference. Ok your not a wimp and I will take that part back at least your post wasn't as insulting as jenga's.

i agree richard was on fire yesterday it just annoys me to see anything hanging out of a helmet purley on safety,d north done it all last year lindback in the grand prix is an accident waiting to happen,as for being a wimp if u come to wton am on first bend the burgers and tea are on you!!

Where's George M when you need him. any photos from glasgow George to bring this thread but to reality :party:

Edited by SharpenRake

i have a full head of hair baba,but rules are rules,and where did i mention r lawson in my post so my commments are not both childish nor am i a wimp ,if u would like to discuss anything with me am on the first corner when work allows and anyrider that breaks the rulesw ill be pointed out to clerk of course to deal with the ref .. see u soon "baba"

STFU!

Didn't the Swedish final used to have(may still have) a qualifying race to start the meeting with 1st and maybe 2nd qualifying for the main meeting. Then 3rd and 4th are the meeting reserves. Maybe this could happen for the British Final with King, Newman, Bates and Wright fighting it out.

Yes, they did. Great shout. I think that would be a good idea.

I still firmly believe though that with all the youth development schemes going on, we should look at having a quarters and a semi final with a seeded final and possibly a seeded semi because there are too many good riders missing out.

Would also make sense not to host them on the same day/week as a GP qualifier.

Dont have wild cards its that simple. Top 8 in each semi final.

Most years they put through the 8th place finishers anyway!!

Back when the British Final had a higher calibre of riders n the 80's and 90's there were no wild cards given out.

Kenny Carter with a broken leg is the obvious one and i remember Mark Loram (1993?) trying to ride in the semi final at Ipswich with a broken collarbone and pulling out after 1 ride. They never got seeded through so why its any different is farcical.

Why should Danny King get a place (and yes im an Ipswich fan). Why should Kennett get a place? And being British Under 21 champion shouldnt guarantee Bates a place (though he should be there because he was 8th)

Give the wild cards to the 2 riders who should by rights be there, Bates and Wright

• Like 3

Dont have wild cards its that simple. Top 8 in each semi final.

Most years they put through the 8th place finishers anyway!!

Back when the British Final had a higher calibre of riders n the 80's and 90's there were no wild cards given out.

Kenny Carter with a broken leg is the obvious one and i remember Mark Loram (1993?) trying to ride in the semi final at Ipswich with a broken collarbone and pulling out after 1 ride. They never got seeded through so why its any different is farcical.

Why should Danny King get a place (and yes im an Ipswich fan). Why should Kennett get a place? And being British Under 21 champion shouldnt guarantee Bates a place (though he should be there because he was 8th)

Give the wild cards to the 2 riders who should by rights be there, Bates and Wright

absolutely spot on, the old system made it cut throat action, always a shock along the way

• Like 1

Disagree. It was ludicrous Carter was made to ride the semi in 84. Similarly tai this year not being seeded.

What makes it a farce is something like last year where lambert crashed out and was not given one of the wildcards.

• Like 1

Exactly he crashed out, didn't qualify, end of. Do agree with top eight though,at the end of the day you either qualify or you don't. But as the BSPA made it 7 then you have a problem especially as they've practically said king will get a w/c to me it's unfair if either reserve is given it over the other. So in the circumstances I agree with dfgtf in a 4 rider pre meeting race pick your gate out the hat.

Edited by brewer
  • Like 1

The only logical wild cards to the Final have to go to Danny King (absent through BSPA f.u) and Kyle Newman (genuinely injured).

Anyone who contested a semi, and wasn't good enough to qualify, should be told to come back next year and try again.

• Like 2

Wildcards announced as King and Bates. King because he had to represent GB in the GP qualifiers and Bates as the top non-finisher.

Does means that Coventry now have 5 representatives in the meeting, next best is BV who only have 4. Meanwhile Poole have the grand total of..... 0. Good to see they're doing their bit for British Speedway ;):P

So, this year Woffy should have been straight to the final as he was representing GB in an actual GP.

BSPA are funny in their reasonings :lol:

• Like 4