British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
EC Rides Again

British Semi Finals 2016

And someone who failed to qualify gets in. If you had made it top eight no argument but wildcards are open to abuse/favouritism etc.

• Like 1

And someone who failed to qualify gets in. If you had made it top eight no argument but wildcards are open to abuse/favouritism etc.

people support riders who get knocked out, and putting them back in! don't get it....what other sport does this?

The only logical wild cards to the Final have to go to Danny King (absent through BSPA f.u) and Kyle Newman (genuinely injured).

Anyone who contested a semi, and wasn't good enough to qualify, should be told to come back next year and try again.

Im an Ipswich fan but i still think if you miss the semi finals for whatever reason you dont make the final, simple.

Top 8 end of discussion.

Kyle Newman??? How would he be in the list to be seeded?? Never even made a British Final!! Oh is it because he is scoring well in a reserve position against riders he should be beating anyway having ridden there for 6 years?

No way should Newman be considered

Wildcards announced as King and Bates. King because he had to represent GB in the GP qualifiers and Bates as the top non-finisher.

Does means that Coventry now have 5 representatives in the meeting, next best is BV who only have 4. Meanwhile Poole have the grand total of..... 0. Good to see they're doing their bit for British Speedway ;):P

And you think Poole care about the sport in this country?? Of course not they only worry about a win at all costs mentality. Look at the way they shoved Kyle Howarth aside and replaced him with a lesser rider in Mickey Dyer???

Even if Newman had of rode and been fit at Glasgow it would still have been difficult for him to get qualify when you see a rider of similar ability in Charles Wright miss out.

• Like 1

I actually thought your earlier post was quite sensible gavan, but you've resorted to your usual anti Poole/newman bashing/posting in your latest post. Give it a rest.

I actually thought your earlier post was quite sensible gavan, but you've resorted to your usual anti Poole/newman bashing/posting in your latest post. Give it a rest.

Why is it Poole bashing? Poole want to win the league every season and they dont worry who they use to achieve that, that is a fact.

We are told Matt Ford is the best in the business at producing a winning team and i 100% agree with that.

Poole fans always say how good Matt Ford is for the club and again they are right.

Does Matt Ford worry about the nationality of the riders he has? No because the sole aim is to win the league. Hence no room for sentiment, hence Davey Watt was dropped

Therefore the point that Poole dont do much at all to help the development of British riders is total fact.

If Adam Ellis and Kyle Newman were struggling he would have no hesitation in putting 2 young Brits out of a job and replacing them with riders from another country if he thought they could do better. Look at that how you will. It makes Poole successful but at the same time hinders British youngsters.

Why you have to see this as Poole bashing is beyond me. Its a discussion point brought up by SCB.

Poole want to win the league and if its without Brits it doesnt matter to them.

My point about Kyle Newman is my opinion. I dont believe he should deserve a wildcard injured or not , and i believe even if fit he would have struggled to qualify

I think there was a big chance Newman/Ellis would not of qualified from either Semi certainly the Scunny round.Newman is there any bashing don't see it most of us like him just an opinion on his level of ability.

• Like 1

Danny King & Josh Bates are the wild cards. I agree with both, King probably would have qualified and Bates was the highest scoring non-qualifier and U21 champion.

I also agree with Charles Wright as reserve as he had the race off for the spot but I don't understand Lewis Rose being included?

• Like 1

Why is it Poole bashing? Poole want to win the league every season and they dont worry who they use to achieve that, that is a fact.

We are told Matt Ford is the best in the business at producing a winning team and i 100% agree with that.

Poole fans always say how good Matt Ford is for the club and again they are right.

Does Matt Ford worry about the nationality of the riders he has? No because the sole aim is to win the league. Hence no room for sentiment, hence Davey Watt was dropped

Therefore the point that Poole dont do much at all to help the development of British riders is total fact.

If Adam Ellis and Kyle Newman were struggling he would have no hesitation in putting 2 young Brits out of a job and replacing them with riders from another country if he thought they could do better. Look at that how you will. It makes Poole successful but at the same time hinders British youngsters.

Why you have to see this as Poole bashing is beyond me. Its a discussion point brought up by SCB.

Poole want to win the league and if its without Brits it doesnt matter to them.

My point about Kyle Newman is my opinion. I dont believe he should deserve a wildcard injured or not , and i believe even if fit he would have struggled to qualify

Haven't read the rulebook but I do believe if Matt Ford chose to drop Adam Ellis and Kyle Newman. he would have to run a 5 man team. Which I daresay is not allowed. Or replace them with lesser EDR riders.

• Like 1

Why should Danny King get a place (and yes im an Ipswich fan).

That is the craziest post I have seen.

So your saying that your Number 1 of the club you support should not got through to the British Final just because he had to go to a GP qualifier in Germany, which of course he qualified through his placing from the British Final.

I cannot believe one Ipswich fan who would agree with that statement.

Plus I also think it is harsh say if Harris, Nicholls or Tai if he rode were struck down by flu, food poisoning or a temporary virus on the day of the semi yet could make the final, I don't like this attitude of saying 'Oh well tough cheese' especially in today's level of British Speedway where good riders in this country are scarce and we lack depth like we did in the 90s when you said Loram pulled out.

All the British riders back than used too ease through the Intercontinental and Overseas Finals like Tatum, Doncaster, Havelock, Screen, Smith, Cox etc and now we can't even get one rider past one round of GP qualifying.

Edited by Joe Beevers

I don't see how anyone can complain about Bates. finished 8th (7th even and lost a run-off) and is British U21 Champion. TBH I'd be happy for them to seed the U21 Champion anyway. And King was because he was representing GB.

The only other rider I would have considered is Adam Ellis.

That is the craziest post I have seen.

So your saying that your Number 1 of the club you support should not got through to the British Final just because he had to go to a GP qualifier in Germany, which of course he qualified through his placing from the British Final.

I cannot believe one Ipswich fan who would agree with that statement.

Plus I also think it is harsh say if Harris, Nicholls or Tai if he rode were struck down by flu, food poisoning or a temporary virus on the day of the semi yet could make the final, I don't like this attitude of saying 'Oh well tough cheese' especially in today's level of British Speedway where good riders in this country are scarce and we lack depth like we did in the 90s when you said Loram pulled out.

All the British riders back than used too ease through the Intercontinental and Overseas Finals like Tatum, Doncaster, Havelock, Screen, Smith, Cox etc and now we can't even get one rider past one round of GP qualifying.

chris louis never "eased through"

Kyle Newman??? How would he be in the list to be seeded?? Never even made a British Final!! Oh is it because he is scoring well in a reserve position against riders he should be beating anyway having ridden there for 6 years?

No way should Newman be considered

And you think Poole care about the sport in this country?? Of course not they only worry about a win at all costs mentality. Look at the way they shoved Kyle Howarth aside and replaced him with a lesser rider in Mickey Dyer???

I'm sorry sir but I am not agreeing with your posts.

Firstly, Kyle Newman was taking extra rides last year home and away and was riding against all members of the team and not just reserves and at tracks he barely knew. He averages 8.95 for the whole season.

He is now on a 9.20 average and the highest average for a British rider.

In my opinion, if fit those two averages alone should see him as one of the favourites to win let alone be in the final.

I am sorry but I fail to see the logic in this posting and in my opinion you are either biased or just don't rate Newman.

Did you watch the E.L speedway on Sky last year. Personally I don't understand it.

Facts speak louder than guessology.

Firstly, Kyle Newman was taking extra rides last year home and away and was riding against all members of the team and not just reserves and at tracks he barely knew. He averages 8.95 for the whole season.

In my opinion, if fit those two averages alone should see him as one of the favourites to win let alone be in the final.

I am sorry but I fail to see the logic in this posting and in my opinion you are either biased or just don't rate Newman.

Did you watch the E.L speedway on Sky last year. Personally I don't understand it.

Are you seriously saying he would be one of the favourites? have i missed something.

Anyone using the average of a fast track rider to argue a point clearly doesn't understand the format and figures.