Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
EC Rides Again

British Semi Finals 2016

i thought scunny were sundays and b/h this year so why a friday, agree about somerset though with starke and wright being involved in semi's i would imagine. also notice edinburgh/plymouth meet home and away on fri/sat so could affect any of their riders, either missing friday or a long haul back to glasgow from plymouth.

Great to see them at different venues, now for an open draw 👍

Not a hope.

The draw has been made. Glasgow (15th May) have:
S Nicholls, B Barker, R Lawson, R Worrall, S Worrall, J Sarjeant, C Wright, K Newman, P Starke, C Cook, A Roynon, M Clegg, L Rose, D King, L Bridger, S Nielsen.

Top 7 Qualify. Look forward to a big crowd coming through from Edinburgh to support Cleggie

• Like 1

Can't see that anyone else has posted this yet, so:

British SF Scunthorpe, Friday 13 May:
Harris; Auty; Wilkinson; Stead; Howarth; Bates; Garrity; Lanham; R Lambert; S Lambert; Kerr; Mear; Hall; Robson; Kennett; Morris (1st Reserve: Tai Woffinden - no, only joshing...)

GRAND PRIX star Chris ‘Bomber’ Harris heads a dazzling British Semi-Final line-up at Scunthorpe’s Eddie Wright Raceway on Friday, May 13th (7.30pm).

Harris won the 2007 British Grand Prix at Cardiff’s Millennium Stadium, and is a three-time British Champion.

He is joined by a trio of current Henderson Insurance Scunthorpe Scorpions – Josh Auty, Carl Wilkinson and Ashley Morris.

It’s a truly star-studded line-up, which also contains the likes of Simon Stead, Robert Lambert, Edward Kennett and Jason Garrity.

Only seven qualifying places from Scunthorpe are on offer for the final at Belle Vue on June 13th. Glasgow stage the second semi-final on May 15th, with another seven places up for grabs, while two Wild Cards will complete the line-up for the final.

A delighted Scunthorpe promoter Rob Godfrey said: “The line-up for our semi-final at the Eddie Wright Raceway is just superb. I think there’s going to be a real battle for the seven qualification places.

“It’s going to be so competitive, because there are far more than seven riders capable of reaching the final in our line-up.

“It’s a massive honour for Scunthorpe Speedway to hold this meeting. It’s probably the best line-up we’ve had for a meeting at the Eddie Wright Raceway, since we held the Ben Fund Bonanza at the start of 2011.

“All I can say is that if people haven’t already put this date in their diary, then please do so now, because you’re going to regret it otherwise. It’s a top class field competing around the best racetrack in the country – it’s going to be something special.”

Line-up (not in riding order): Chris Harris (Coventry), Josh Auty (Scunthorpe/Leicester), Carl Wilkinson (Scunthorpe/King’s Lynn), Simon Stead (Sheffield), Kyle Howarth (Wolverhampton/Sheffield), Josh Bates (Coventry/Sheffield), Jason Garrity (Coventry/Sheffield), Leigh Lanham (Rye House), Robert Lambert (King’s Lynn/Newcastle), Simon Lambert (Peterborough), Lewis Kerr (Lakeside/Ipswich), Robert Mear (Lakeside), Richard Hall (Sheffield), Stuart Robson (Rye House), Edward Kennett (Lakeside/Rye House), Ashley Morris (Scunthorpe/Cradley).

“All I can say is that if people haven’t already put this date in their diary, then please do so now, because you’re going to regret it otherwise. It’s a top class field competing around the best racetrack in the country – it’s going to be something special.”

Well was at Scunny, Monday, and it was obvious they knew the line up, but was not going to tell us. This fixture was not mentioned, when the original fixtures were published. Not sure how long the authorities knew before deciding to give the information out, but when they did, I already had another date in my diary, so will not be able to go (would have liked to have gone). Just wonder, why is holding back information, more important than getting fans (and income) in?

• Like 1

Looking forward to the Glasgow leg. Newman and Starke, Nicholls and Cooke, the Worrals and Ben Barking. Looks a great day of Speedway.

Looks good for the Glasgow riders drawn at home :o

As are the Scunny riders too , makes sense don't you think ?

• Like 2

Can someone please explain to me why one of the best British riders on form in the E.L in Adam Ellis is not riding.

Anyone know the reserves for the semis?

Can someone please explain to me why one of the best British riders on form in the E.L in Adam Ellis is not riding.

Anyone know the reserves for the semis?

The BSPA seem to make things up as they go along, why he's not been invited is anyones guess.

Isn't it normally the top 32 in the averages from the previous season? Presumably using Pl averages for edr riders?

Isn't it normally the top 32 in the averages from the previous season? Presumably using Pl averages for edr riders?

This is correct and as Ellis hasn't rode PL for a couple of years he misses out.