British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
EC Rides Again

British Semi Finals 2016

Plenty from Sheffield there !

Tigers riders were very impressive tonight. Next Sunday will be tough for the Scorpions (whoever is in the side then).

Good job there were a few from Sheffield or there would have been more people in the pits than on the terraces.

Give me a shout EC if there was footage would love a DVD.

No way Kennett should get a wild card what about Bates or someone else younger in the Glasgow semi.?

I agree. Why should Kennett get a wildcard? He wasn't even near qualifying. Depending on what happens in the other meeting, I would give it to Bates as he only just missed out due to the run off.

• Like 1

I agree. Why should Kennett get a wildcard? He wasn't even near qualifying. Depending on what happens in the other meeting, I would give it to Bates as he only just missed out due to the run off.

Bates - nah I'd give it to the British Under 21 Champion...

... Oh! That's Josh Bates.

• Like 1

Not a sunny Scuni last night but what the weather didnt produce ALL the riders did. TO the fans that didnt go they mist a "super night of speedway". Rob G and his team MUST be congratulated on the very slick running of the meeting. Please,Pleast Mr control board can we have it again next year. The 4s, Pairs and the riders championship seem to be now at the same 3 tracks every year so why cant one of the British Championship semi-finals come to Scunthorpe again???

Presumably as a shared event its the money that will decide if Scunny get the meeting again. If the turnout was as poor as some have suggested surely it will be elsewhere next year?

Presumably as a shared event its the money that will decide if Scunny get the meeting again. If the turnout was as poor as some have suggested surely it will be elsewhere next year?

Seemed a decent turnout to me.

All the best

Rob

any reason why you are so anti-Scunthorpe?

Seemed a decent turnout to me.

All the best

Rob

any reason why you are so anti-Scunthorpe?

not anti at all - just call it as i see it.

Was only going by a couple of posts that said it was a shame there were not more there to see it.

Edit

Is Scotty getting himself in the Glasgow mindset tonight ready for the British semi?

Suit jacket with just his vest underneath. (sorry does that make me anti Glasgow? wink)

Edited by dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

not anti at all - just call it as i see it.

Was only going by a couple of posts that said it was a shame there were not more there to see it.

Edit

Is Scotty getting himself in the Glasgow mindset tonight ready for the British semi?

Suit jacket with just his vest underneath. (sorry does that make me anti Glasgow? wink)

Not at all Rab C would be proud of Scott's attire :D .

• Like 2

Glasgow announced that bridger, Newman and Clegg won't be riding. Suppose that means monarchs fans will give it a miss 😱

Glasgow announced that bridger, Newman and Clegg won't be riding. Suppose that means monarchs fans will give it a miss 😱

Most monarchs fans will have seeing Cookie high on their lists, so the number giving it a miss will be fairly small I think.. May be wrong though :)

The weather in Glasgow is glorious.

Dissapointed to hear of the call offs and the replacements seem a curious choice.

More "making it up as we go along" from the BSPA.