British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lucifer sam

Scunthorpe Scorpions Vs Ipswich Witches (lc) - Sunday, March 20th (3pm)

Catch22, on 21 Mar 2016 - 11:55 AM, said:Catch22, on 21 Mar 2016 - 11:55 AM, said:

Didnt sound sick when he pulled on to the track did it? He developed problems during the race.

His previous two he just wasn't quick enough and was beaten

i said it sounded sick as he pulled off the track btw, theres no tactical rides in the league cup

Edited by neck brace tony

i said it sounded sick as he pulled off the track btw, theres no tactical rides in the league cup

its a shame there are any at all in any competition.
  • Like 2

its a shame there are any at all in any competition.

There aren't any in the NL this year!

But if the away side is losing heavily and they're just being outgated, then it adds something to the second half of the meeting imo. I dislike it when teams win the meeting because of the 'extra' points, give them something to race for by all means but I don't think it's fair when they win 47-46.

Edited by Islander15

neutral point of view, track brilliant as usual, stadium is basic but its home to the scorpion fans and the view of the whole track is very good, you would have been complaining if the wind was blowing across that damn field, superb meeting, scunny will have some close matches this season I reckon, nice to see ryan flying again, and josh bailey was on the gas as I predicted before his signing, davies is going to be a solid scorer this year, reckon you will miss klindt when he goes, as for the witches, covatti was head and shoulders above everyone, nice to see kerr racing and scoring well, sarj will do a good job, if you can give paco time he will come good, some even looking teams in this division this year, a lot depends on injuries but fancy the witches for a top 6 spot.

superb meeting to start the season with, I do like this sunday switch too.

come the summer time , sunday afternoon racing will be not so good . dry dusty track . but if it suits the promotion to run sundays , so be it.. must get down there some day .

If you ever get chance to watch Heat 15 (DVD, YouTube etc) you will see Speedway at its best.

All 4 riders in contention. multiple passing and re-passing and the outcome of the race and the match in doubt until the final pass on lap 4 bend 4.

A superb meeting all round but this was the cherry on the cake.

• Like 1

If you ever get chance to watch Heat 15 (DVD, YouTube etc) you will see Speedway at its best.

All 4 riders in contention. multiple passing and re-passing and the outcome of the race and the match in doubt until the final pass on lap 4 bend 4.

think i have seen that. .. but was it ht 14 v zumerzet .

Great meeting to kick off the new season; some superb speedway throughout and as you say Heat15 was a blanket job for the four laps. Think my brother has it on my phone; so we'll stick it up on Tube as its a great advert.

Shame about Wilko, sure we have that on the phone; tangling with Zeddy which was awkward; said it was a collarbone straight off. Do not reckon Carlos was too pleased with Zeddy; but it was an accident pure and simple. Rob made point about Zeddy having too much power for the track and that may have played a part ?. Ref did not cover himself in glory bringing the race to a halt as Carlos staggered near crawled off in pain either.

Vital win in Heat14 when it was needed by Zdneck; really threw it into turn one and headed out of turn two. Throwing two zeros might have done his average a bit of harm mind....mmmm

On Zdneck Holub; can someone get Barry in t'box to practice pronouncing his name properly !; the old Spin King on the decks was really struggling with it all afternoon; either that or he's got a set of new teeth in. But sure Zeddy would appreciate it; ZDNECK HOLUB just say it as its spelt for Rob God's sake !. Sorry Bazza I hate to complain mate. Also pump up the volume a bit and lets create a bit of atmosphere.

Ryan was excellent; very assured and clean. He has a trade mark move up the inside line off turn four and it gets him past opponents when your thinking it really it should not work. But he did it again on Sunday to out pace Danny King in Heat11. Real unlucky to miss out on third as well in that titanic Heat15; as King wound it on round the outside to the line.

Josh Bailey looked worked his way through his races; assuredly; Heat8 being a stand out when he came through from the back on Ritchings to sneak round the outside on the last turn and ###### it on the line. He's going to get better and better is Josh.

Also Nicolai had a really good afternoon; he looks sharper to me; and he got the better of Covatti in Heat6 (no mean feat on Sunday) so much for he's a start tart. Nicolai's 10 point afternoon; kind of covered for Josh Auty having a quiet afternoon; which I think was down to mechanical issues.

How good was Covatti all afternoon by the way ?; and who could not be pleased for Lewis Kerr looking highly competitive after such serious injury last year.

Following Heat13 and having looked at the Covatti-King potential for Heat15; I asked would we take a draw and I would have. As it turned out in Heat14; with Wilkos injury I was vindicated on that. A draw it was; but that's no bad thing in the context of such a action packed afternoons racing.

You can only look ahead with relish at the Scun-days coming our way; and anticipation of more brilliant speedway on the track that NEVER LETS YOU DOWN.

Edited by the outsider

The Scorps were a trifle fortunate to escape with a draw, but if King hadn't kept it screwed on off the last bend of Heat 15 the Witches would have lost. That's speedwa:[/

If Covatti had been giving a RR ride I doubt Ipswich would have lost.

If Covatti had been giving a RR ride I doubt Ipswich would have lost.

Covatti not eligible for R/R ride. In terms of team building, Kerr's 2.5% reduction is applicable, but not in terms of team line-up, including guests and rider replacement. Fair play to Ritchie Hawkins - who knew his rulebook.

All the best

Rob

• Like 1

come the summer time , sunday afternoon racing will be not so good . dry dusty track . but if it suits the promotion to run sundays , so be it.. must get down there some day .

After next Sunday Scunthorpe will have a 6.30 start time, so hopefully track prep shouldn't be a problem.

That's the idea of the 6.30pm start time come April, to avoid the track getting too dry and dusty.

It was sensible to run at 3pm on Sunday - it was starting to get rather cold as I left the stadium around 6pm (as usual, one of the last out!!). And the track held up incredibly well. There was a slick patch appearing for the last few races, but it had no affect at all on the racing. Heat 15 was simply epic, while Heat 13 wasn't far behind. In fact, I could name almost every race (Heats 11 & 12 have just sprung to mind as well :D ).

Good to have racing back at the EWR. Scunny's home meetings are simply awesome and well worth the drive from Oxford. Get across, Jenga, when Worky are there - it's worth it.

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam

Covatti not eligible for R/R ride. In terms of team building, Kerr's 2.5% reduction is applicable, but not in terms of team line-up, including guests and rider replacement. Fair play to Ritchie Hawkins - who knew his rulebook.

All the best

Rob

Trouble is Kerr's 2.5% reduction isn't in the rulebook but 16.2.6 is, which is why the referee, Ritchie Hawkins and you should have paid more attention to PL GSA issue 1 which came out Friday afternoon. Kerr's starting 2016 PL GSA is 6.85 and not 7.03.

All the best

Bigcatdiary