British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Coventry V Poole Es Second Leg 18/03/2016

Holder travelled but fell ill at trackside. State of the track leaves a lot to be desired apparantly?!

Looks like you were badly informed !! The track rode pretty well tonight and the harris /buczkowski race was tremendous !!

Brady Kurtz just tweeted to say he enjoyed the track. Hans has apologised to josh bates.

Whoever was doing the updates on proboards was so biased to Coventry it was laughable

Ha ha ha :D :D Love this!!
  • Like 1

Still outscored Garrity. So there!!

i would expect Newman riding at 7 to out score Garritty riding at 2 and if the situation was reversed
  • Like 2

Guessing you've not followed silverbee's updates before! They're not to be taken seriously as he tries to make it fun for viewers.

He will take the proverbial out of anyone whether they're Bees riders or the opposition, just ask Hans from last year who took offence.

This will only mean he takes the proverbial more

Silverbees comments are more interesting than most meetings .

Edited by speedibee
  • Like 3

Still outscored Garrity. So there!!

Garrity has harder races as riding in main team.

Garrity beat Pooles no 5 Buzz & Kurtz tonight whilst Newman only beat the bees reserves (who also beat him) and Garrity in one race.

Edited by mdmc82

For a track thats a mess, slick and not good according to those from Poole it's been a good meeting that I've on periscope tonight. Been a few great heats. Harris has been blasting around the boards and must have made about 6 or 7 passes without a handful from the others.

And bugger me, if the Poles is the answer what is the question?

Hi SCB, Sorry did you say you have some heats on periscope?

If so could you put up a link please...ta

Garrity has harder races as riding in main team.

Garrity beat Pooles no 5 Buzz & Kurtz tonight whilst Newman only beat the bees reserves (who also beat him) and Garrity in one race.

Let's get the violin out do! Do we know why he got excluded in that race yet?

Confused? He was only excluded in one and i think Kurtz helped him go down there. I take it you weren't there. As for Violins, you stated Newman scored more. He should as only against other reserves. Garrity beat your number 5 & 2

Reserve of the night for me was Bates who looked super fast & would have won heat 12 if he had not stopped to team ride Sarjeant.

Rider of the night for me though was Kaspazak. Promising signs from our new signing as well on his first home meeting.

As for Starmans conflicting statements about the track, 😂😂😂😂 How would he know sat at home. His own rider Brady said he was a fan of the Coventry track tonight, yet I remember him not being as complimentary about your own at P & P

Edited by mdmc82
  • Like 1

Track was in decent condition and produced son decent stuff, even Kurtz said he liked it. He was very lucky not to get excluded for taking Garrity out though. KK and Bomber were excellent and Bates and Woryna did well. Sarj was pants but then pulled it back with a good last ride win, Garrity wasn't great after his first ride although unlucky to be excluded in his 2nd. King needs to bin the lawnmower he was using tonight, it was going backwards!

If that was a league match id have been frustrated we didnt win that.

Shocking to hear that! Hope the culprit is found

Thanks, speedway crowds aren't big and neither is the Brandon car park, you can bet I will be looking for this guy next time I am there and I'm pretty confident of tracking him down. There can't be too many cars like that at Brandon, and my wife will spot him a mile off if he's in the stadium. He's a guy in his 40's who goes to speedway with an old couple and judging by the way the lady was shouting at him to calm down and get back in the car I'd say it's a good chance it was his mum. Obviously likes to get pissed up while he's there so i'll start with the bar.

I would add that the driver and lady passenger were apologetic and the lady got out to make sure my wife was ok, it's not them I'm after its their lunatic passenger / son.

Can't believe the stadium has no cameras and the security staff didn't even get part of the reg plate although fair play to them for looking after her.

• Like 1

Only the ref could explain that one.

• Like 1

Not sure why everyone is praising Woryna when he only actually beat Kyle Newman and Brady Kurtz. I wouldn't get too excited about him but at least he's scoring points and hopefully he will come on stronger as the season goes on.

Kasprzak - absolutely flawless up until Heat 15. Really great to see him looking so good on the bike, I hope this season he gets back to 2014 form.

Garrity - didn't do too badly and deserved more than 3 points. really don't get the exclusion in heat 5? Worst I've ever seen. I don't think he will score many points in the main body particularly away from home though.

King - absolutely dreadful. He is not a heatleader and never will be. Unfortunately he will stay at that position all season. Yes, he's better than tonight's showing but he is still not good enough for the number 3 jacket in this format. This decision, along with not persuading Garrity to start at reserve, will be why the Bees don't succeed very far.

Woryna - as I said at the start of my post

Harris - just like Kasprzak. Pulled some amazing passes, and I wish him all the best for Sunday. I wish I could be there but I can't unfortunately.

Sarjeant - meh.

Bates - Decent night and is already a fan favourite. He will come on leaps and bounds this year.

For the Pirates: with Holder they'd have topped 50+ tonight. He would have scored more than the 3 that R/R managed. Hans Andersen continued to p*ss off the fans and got what he deserved when Bates gave him a good slap. He's really not liked at Coventry is he?

Kurtz looked decent as did Ellis.

I really have a feeling Poole will go through the season unbeaten, barring injuries. The team is phenomenal. Say what you like about him but Matt Ford knows how to play the game.

Probably one of my only visits to Brandon before it closes for good, but I will try and get to as many as I can. I really don't want it to end. 😞

• Like 1

My thoughts are that KK was terrific, looked unbeatable until heat 15,Garrity and Newman were as poor as each other. Bates was good to start with but faded, Sargeant started badly but got better, Woryna tried hard but not good enough, Bomber good value as usual and King was hopeless. Watt ok in patches, Hans had a bad night until heat 15, Bucko was good and had a good battle with Harris and Ellis did pretty well as did Kurtz. Track seemed bumpy in places. Overall not a terrible meeting.

I streamed the meeting live and thanks for the comments and banter along the wayfor those that joined me.heres the first heats.

https://www.periscope.tv/w/abs1LzFtTUVQZVdxTm1RR2J8MXluSk9lcUJRUGxLUsYmqjdFRXypzETT3iZJEtF-34qvQzuV9cJlOnPhcKpS

The rest should be underneath and if nit you can find it by looking for me @stephenshovlar or zooming in on e map to coventry stadium. The footage will be there for the next 20 hours.

Lots of good racing tonight. Harris was flying from the back as was Kk until a suprise heat 15 when against all the oddsPoole went and got a shock 5-1.

Track was smooth and slick. All Poole boys chipped in tonight but we only got 3 from Holders rides. Hans continues to knock riders off.

First trophy in the cabinet. Loads of improvement in the team. And again when Newman met Garrity there was only one winner.

Special mention to Bates who was a rocket from the tapes tonight. Hans dived under him and took him offbut really a rider of his experience should have known better and waited for the moment.

Anyway its all on Periscope to watch.

Not sure why everyone is praising Woryna when he only actually beat Kyle Newman and Brady Kurtz. I wouldn't get too excited about him but at least he's scoring points and hopefully he will come on stronger as the season goes on.

Kasprzak - absolutely flawless up until Heat 15. Really great to see him looking so good on the bike, I hope this season he gets back to 2014 form.

Garrity - didn't do too badly and deserved more than 3 points. really don't get the exclusion in heat 5? Worst I've ever seen. I don't think he will score many points in the main body particularly away from home though.

King - absolutely dreadful. He is not a heatleader and never will be. Unfortunately he will stay at that position all season. Yes, he's better than tonight's showing but he is still not good enough for the number 3 jacket in this format. This decision, along with not persuading Garrity to start at reserve, will be why the Bees don't succeed very far.

Woryna - as I said at the start of my post

Harris - just like Kasprzak. Pulled some amazing passes, and I wish him all the best for Sunday. I wish I could be there but I can't unfortunately.

Sarjeant - meh.

Bates - Decent night and is already a fan favourite. He will come on leaps and bounds this year.

For the Pirates: with Holder they'd have topped 50+ tonight. He would have scored more than the 3 that R/R managed. Hans Andersen continued to p*ss off the fans and got what he deserved when Bates gave him a good slap. He's really not liked at Coventry is he?

Kurtz looked decent as did Ellis.

I really have a feeling Poole will go through the season unbeaten, barring injuries. The team is phenomenal. Say what you like about him but Matt Ford knows how to play the game.

Probably one of my only visits to Brandon before it closes for good, but I will try and get to as many as I can. I really don't want it to end. 😞

An actual slap, bit girly isn't it?

Andersen wasn't liked by some Poole fans last few seasons. So now he gets booed by Coventry fans instead of Poole ones! :D